Karlos Williams has a chance to win job at RB2;hospitalized

YoloinOhio

Karlos Williams has chance to win job with Bills

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/16/karlos-williams-has-chance-to-win-job-with-bills/

On pure ability, many practices its hard to fathom how Williams slipped to No. 155 overall.

The 6-foot-1, 230-pounder who ran a 4.48 at the NFL scouting combine second-best among backs has been decisive, explosive.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think Boobie would be the one to go over Bryce?

I think it will be very close. Bryce Brown's hamstring strain has come at a bad time for him. I think another performance like the one Friday would have put him in touching distance of the roster. Fred is not totally safe either. At the precise moment I'd say McCoy and Williams are locks the other 3 are battling for what is probably 2 spaces but might only be one.

Why do you think Boobie would be the one to go over Bryce?

what can Boobie do that Karlos hasn't already shown that he can do? I think Karlos is a powerful back and has also done well in special teams. I don't see a need for Boobie anymore

what can Boobie do that Karlos hasn't already shown that he can do? I think Karlos is a powerful back and has also done well in special teams. I don't see a need for Boobie anymore

I wasn't comparing Boobie to Karlos, I was asking why Boobie is the one cut over Bryce.

because Karlos makes Boobie expendable. they are very similar players but Karlos is younger and cheaper

KW was a revelation Friday night. I would be shocked if he didn't make the final 53. I also think Boobie sticks as well.

He is a great ST player.

He is familiar with Roman's schemes.

He is a huge positive force in the lockerroom.

GO BILLS!!!

Understood. But you're still not elaborating as to why Boobie goes when he is a valuable ST player and we keep Brown who isn't?

I'm saying that Karlos is a direct replacement for Boobie. He will play special teams and do the power running that Boobie did. They aren't keeping Brown over Boobie, they woudl be keeping Karlos over Boobie. I'm still not sure what will happen with Bryce Brown. I think Whaley really wants him to make the team so if his hamstring isn't a serious issue and he's able to play the next few games and do well and not fumble then he might make the team since he is a similar player to Shady. I feel like Bryce backs up Shady and Karlos backs up Fred. That would be my final foursome

I love Fred Jackson, but we have so much young talent that I want to keep for many years to come. I'd offer Fred a coaching position and keep:

1- McCoy

2-Williams

3-Brown

4-Dixion

Not in any specific order, but I'd love to keep 3 out of the 4 for the next 4-6 years.. If Fred wants to play and not coach this year then I'd let Dixion walk..

KW was a revelation Friday night. I would be shocked if he didn't make the final 53. I also think Boobie sticks as well.

He is a great ST player.

He is familiar with Roman's schemes.

He is a huge positive force in the lockerroom.

GO BILLS!!!

Yep, Karlos really showed up on Friday and I'm looking forward to seeing more of that. He's big and strong. He looks like a LB out there. In fact, his brother is similar in size and is a LB for the Steelers. I'm excited about what he can do for us. He's also super athletic. He was a Safety at Florida State and he ended up switching to RB his Jr year. That athleticism will help make him a great special teams player imo

I think Fred might be backing up Karlos at this point.

You are probably right! If he keeps playing like that he very well may be the #2 guy

He needs to do a better job at finding running lanes. It seems he sees one, then lowers his head, and runs towards it, ending up just piling in to folks. Gotta keep your head up, be a little patient, and then burst through. BUT for where he was picked, I liked what I saw against Carolina. I don't think he'll be #2 until a little later in the season, if not next season.