Ok, I give up -- EJ will be 3rd string or cut

eball

+(how do I insert the infinity sign on here??)

You have hit the nail on the head. For a first round pick in his third camp, Manuel looks amazing. At worst, he's well ahead of where he should be. It's a shame the Bills brass doesn't see it like us. I posted the same thing on here yesterday- I don't care about winning some silly playoff game. I want a franchise QB. And if that means the Bills suffer through a couple 8 win seasons with EJ, then so be it. By 2017-18 or so, the guy is guaranteed to be a complete stud. And I'm sure Kyle Williams and the vets on D would agree with us. People just refuse to see the bigger picture.

move along...

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did this question come from? What's the context of it? He has only played for one coaching staff in his 14 game career.

You forgot to put "that failed miserably" fridge. If the anti-EJ haters don't see his improvement from last season already thru the scrimmage and Panthers games then I don't know what to tell them. He may/may not be at the level they want him to be yet, but it's coming. There is a plan.

some dark stinky place is my guess.

I wonder ...... How many coaching staffs have we seen throw at all the Bills players over the past 15 years?

Not enough to hinder the careers of guys at all sorts of other positions. Hell, Ryan Fitzpatrick played his best football as a pro in Buffalo with Donald Jones and David Nelson as his #2 and 3 receivers. Was he great? No. But he maxed out his talent here.

See, you are intimating that I am out to get EJ Manuel. What have I ever said to lead anyone to believe that? You really believe that I have something against him personally and that if he was playing wel for the Bills that I would somehow resent him? Stop using the word "support." These aren't the troops. No one "supports" guards when they suck, why does everyone have to coddle this guy so much? Go out and beat Matt Cassel and Tyrod Taylor for this job and I will support you all day long.

Where did I say that?

FACT or FICTION?

You have little faith that he will succeed. < 50%

You do not believe that he will succeed. >50%

You would prefer to see someone else win the starting job. > 70%

Will you get over yourself? Your crusade (trolling) is tiring.

You forgot to put "that failed miserably" fridge. If the anti-EJ haters don't see his improvement from last season already thru the scrimmage and Panthers games then I don't know what to tell them. He may/may not be at the level they want him to be yet, but it's coming. There is a plan.

So you're saying that season 3 is too soon to expect him to be outplaying Matt Cassel- the guy who all the EJ guys mock in every thread? Tell me more about this plan...

Brett Favre attempted four passes in Atlanta!!!

And let me ask you this: because Drew Brees got better in New Orleans than he was in San Diego, that means that there's a better chance that EJ Manuel could still develop into a franchise QB, correct? OK so does it also mean that Jamarcus Russell has a better chance of coming out of retirement to become a franchise QB? How about Tebow? The "well QB X sucked for a while too" argument doesn't have anything to do with the fact that in his third season, EJ Manuel is running third in this QB competition. Those guys' teams' saw enough in them to ride it out. This team hasn't. Are they wrong? Were the Bills wrong for only giving Brian Brohm two starts? Does every QB in the NFL deserve three full years of starts no matter what even if they are not showing signs of progress in the offseason? You guys need to focus more on EJ Manuel and less on every other imaginable extenuating circumstance in the universe.

Metz, did you ask yourself why Brett only threw 4 passes? Tebow can't throw and never could. Jamarcus didn't/doesn't have the work ethic, ask his coaches!! Manuel don't have these problems. He's hard working and can throw. He will work on the consistency issue and prove the naysayers wrong.

Yes. Indeed. He's proved it and earned it. If you can't see that he's clearly taken command of this team through two weeks of camp and one preseason game that he ran with the 3's in, well you are just a big old hater mister! EJ Manuel is clearly franchise. Death to all nonloyalists, I say.

Not enough to hinder the careers of guys at all sorts of other positions. Hell, Ryan Fitzpatrick played his best football as a pro in Buffalo with Donald Jones and David Nelson as his #2 and 3 receivers. Was he great? No. But he maxed out his talent here.

Did you or did you not post this?

metzelaars_lives, on 17 Aug 2015 - 6:14 PM, said:

I hope so! And ironically he's (TT) the only one of the three that no one's talking about.

I'm outie

So you're saying that season 3 is too soon to expect him to be outplaying Matt Cassel- the guy who all the EJ guys mock in every thread? Tell me more about this plan...

Once again Metz, he was not developed correctly for 2 seasons under Marrone and Co. He's now working with a competent coaching staff and if you can't see the slight improvement then you should take your rose colored glasses off.

Alright I admit it, I was trolling for a couple days there. The EJ debate got the better of me and after the one dude blocked me, I realized I was being kind of juvenile. I will issue one final statement on the matter and then I am taking an oath to not comment on the QB situation until September 13th. I promise.

I found it amusing. Juvenile? Maybe. Funny? Absolutely.

Once again Metz, he was not developed correctly for 2 seasons under Marrone and Co. He's now working with a competent coaching staff and if you can't see the slight improvement then you should take your rose colored glasses off.

Right right. Do overs, of course. That's just standard. He starts for 2 more years, no more questions asked. Then we can revisit this conversation.

look into other teamswith young QB's and you will see and hear that season 3 is too to make judgement. My prime example - for RGIII.

How about Kap? Nick Foles? Geno Smith?

People are still clamoring for people like Jay Cutler to be THE guy.

Coffee with the Coach Presented by Tim Horton's (2:49)
Chris Brown joins Rex Ryan to talk about what the coach thinks of the roster after two weeks of camp, who are some candidates to replace Jarius Wynn on the defensive line, and how many quarterbacks the team will keep on the roster.

Sounds like it will be three QBs on the final 53 and that should include EJ. Simms has PS eligibility so I can easily see him winding up there.

EJ will be signed by someone the second he is cut. Some team will take a flier on him.

I'm sure he will. Then he will be out of the league in a year or so after they give up on him and he's 3rd on some other team competing for a job in 2017.