Ok, I give up -- EJ will be 3rd string or cut

eball

and another non informative post from Mr. Billz

You're out of your element Donny, go bash EJ some more and applaud like a booger eating simpleton when someone else bashes EJ.

I see right thru you one trick ponies. Follow the thread in order and stick around a while, you'll might learn something to add to a thread that doesn't involve Ej's suckitude.

Notice the others stating the same thing as me in the same timeframe ? You can do better.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orton wasn't an 'emergency' signing. Plenty of reports indicate the BIlls had been coaxing him out of retirement since the Spring and trying to get him in. So it was simply the continuation of the original plan to develop EJ behind a veteran.

Who said he had 'great' games? He looked good, and yeah, I know what I'm watching, thanks buddy. He also looked like a very young QB who needed MORE playing time.

This is also correct. But whether it can be classified as they wanted to get someone for EJ to sit behind and learn from or more of they wanted someone who could actually play the position and give a top 5 defense and what they hoped would be a good running game a chance for a playoff run is up for debate.

Sounds right.

In almost every EJ defense argument, there is a comparison to a hall of fame quarterback. "Well you know, Farve threw some interceptions." "Well you know, Aaron Rodgers got to sit on the bench and learn." "Well you know, [insert HOF QB who has actually won in the NFL] blah blah blah."

The comparisons are laughable. The only similarities are that they were drafted in the first round. And because of that, folks want to equate that they are equally talented first round type players. They are not. The Bills had to reach for a QB because they had stood in the box and watched strikes go by year after year. They swung this time, but current evidence suggests they swung and missed badly.

EJ Manuel is not Brett Farve. He's not Aaron Rodgers. And only the homiest of homers would suggest something like that. Outside of the 716 you would get laughed out of town for that nonsense. Sorry. I want an amazing first round block buster superbowl caliber quarterback too. He's not it, unfortunately.

Brett Favre wasn't Brett Favre to Atlanta. Drew Brees wasn't Drew Brees to San Diego. It took guys time to develop. It took Aaron Rodgers time to develop. Yes they took EJ early, but if not the Bills someone else would have. He's big, charismatic and has won big games/championships in college at a high level(ACC) with his "limited" skills. With proper coaching he can win at the NFL level

He was an effective game manager in the first two games last year, I'll give him that. But at no point was I thinking he'd somehow arrived.

That's fair enough. Unfortunately, in today's NFL you really need a quarterback who can actually make plays to win games, not just manage to not singlehandedly lose them. Crazy concept, I know, but game managers rarely do much for a team. Gotta make plays in the clutch at that position, sort of the exact opposite of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

At Chicago, to his defense, he did hit Mike Williams on a huge strike across the middle to help set up the winning drive in overtime. He threw it about 4 feet above his head, and caveman mike had to make an insane catch to go up and get it so it wasn't an overthrown interception, but hey, he caught it so... franchise.

Brett Favre wasn't Brett Favre to Atlanta. Drew Brees wasn't Drew Brees to San Diego. It took guys time to develop. It took Aaron Rodgers time to develop. Yes they took EJ early, but if not the Bills someone else would have. He's big, charismatic and has won big games/championships in college at a high level(ACC) with his "limited" skills. With proper coaching he can win at the NFL level

Ok well I'll take that bet any day if/when he craps out in Buffalo. I'd never bet against a Bills QB, but after he's gone I'd give you... 10-1 odds he never gets a team to the playoffs as a starter. Oh yeah I forgot about those bowl wins. Which ones were they again?

Edited by DC Greg

How many coaching staffs should we throw at EJ to develop him? 5? 6? As many as it takes?

How many coaching staffs should we throw at EJ to develop him? 5? 6? As many as it takes?

Correct. As many as it takes forever. I recklessly bought a #3 jersey when he was drafted and I will not abandon ship. Also, I saw a vision in my dreams that he would take us to the promised land. And my visions are very strong. I'm quite clairvoyant, you see.

Orton wasn't an 'emergency' signing. Plenty of reports indicate the BIlls had been coaxing him out of retirement since the Spring and trying to get him in. So it was simply the continuation of the original plan to develop EJ behind a veteran.

Who said he had 'great' games? He looked good, and yeah, I know what I'm watching, thanks buddy. He also looked like a very young QB who needed MORE playing time.

And around and around we go. See when you take on an EJ guy, before you know it, you're arguing about when they started coaxing Orton (there is no doubt they became more desperate and upped their offer to him after EJ's preseason). But you see, it doesn't matter. It has nothing to do with how good EJ Manuel is. Just like the fact that Doug Marrone is now an assistant coach in Jacksonville has nothing to do with how good EJ Manuel is. I wish you guys understood how convoluted and contrived your defenses of EJ Manuel appear to most people. You have an argument for everything. "So he threw one bad pass against Houston... JJ Watt couldn't be stopped that day... the offensive line... Marrone... Joe Flacco had a bad game against Houston once..."- I've heard it all! Nothing could possibly convince you that it is less than likely that he is going to develop into a franchise QB and that it has nothing to with anyone or anything else except EJ Manuel, period. Conversely, I am not stretching to make any argument. It would be SO EASY for EJ Manuel to convince me that he is going to be a franchise QB. All he would have to do is be good. That's it. Do you think I would then say, "well he's only good because of the coaching... well their offensive line is good... Ryan Leaf had a good game once..." NO!!!

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Anything said on this board is about as meaningful as a pimple on an elephant's rear end. The guys who are being paid big bucks to make decisions on the matter seem to be indicating that EJ is not NFL starter material (and maybe not even backup material). And, they would be the second group of coaches to make that decision. Arguing here about the subject is just silly.

Anything said on this board is about as meaningful as a pimple on an elephant's rear end. The guys who are being paid big bucks to make decisions on the matter seem to be indicating that EJ is not NFL starter material (and maybe not even backup material). And, they would be the second group of coaches to make that decision. Arguing here about the subject is just silly.

Yea, but it passes the time.

EJ sucks. TT runs too much. Cassel is Edwards 0.8.

Discuss?

Edited by The Wiz

Brett Favre attempted four passes in Atlanta!!!

And let me ask you this: because Drew Brees got better in New Orleans than he was in San Diego, that means that there's a better chance that EJ Manuel could still develop into a franchise QB, correct? OK so does it also mean that Jamarcus Russell has a better chance of coming out of retirement to become a franchise QB? How about Tebow? The "well QB X sucked for a while too" argument doesn't have anything to do with the fact that in his third season, EJ Manuel is running third in this QB competition. Those guys' teams' saw enough in them to ride it out. This team hasn't. Are they wrong? Were the Bills wrong for only giving Brian Brohm two starts? Does every QB in the NFL deserve three full years of starts no matter what even if they are not showing signs of progress in the offseason? You guys need to focus more on EJ Manuel and less on every other imaginable extenuating circumstance in the universe.

"Less than likely" is what I've maintained throughout. Do you still think there's a better than 50% chance he's our opening day starter week 1 2017?

How many freaking times do I need to say it? Could he be? Sure, I think he could. Will he be? Who the hell knows.

It's up to EJ and the coaches!

I am willing to accept either as an alternative. Sure IF he wins out you will support him... until he has a bad game That is one bold statement for you.

metzelaars_lives, on 17 Aug 2015 - 6:14 PM, said:

I hope so! And ironically he's the only one of the three that no one's talking about.

Two threads devoted to TT in the first page to TBD and you have yet to post in them. People are talking about him, you might want to check it out.

now that's funny

How many freaking times do I need to say it? Could he be? Sure, I think he could. Will he be? Who the hell knows.

It's up to EJ and the coaches!

I am willing to accept either as an alternative. Sure IF he wins out you will support him... until he has a bad game That is one bold statement for you.

See, you are intimating that I am out to get EJ Manuel. What have I ever said to lead anyone to believe that? You really believe that I have something against him personally and that if he was playing wel for the Bills that I would somehow resent him? Stop using the word "support." These aren't the troops. No one "supports" guards when they suck, why does everyone have to coddle this guy so much? Go out and beat Matt Cassel and Tyrod Taylor for this job and I will support you all day long.

FireChan, on 17 Aug 2015 - 8:25 PM, said:

Where did this question come from? What's the context of it? He has only played for one coaching staff in his 14 game career.

some dark stinky place is my guess.

I wonder ...... How many coaching staffs have we seen throw at all the Bills players over the past 15 years?