• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sign Rivers!

Draft Cook

not happening, raise the white flag.

Yep! This team is built to win now!

Any rookie or really young inexperienced QB is going to endure growing pains in the sense of losing games for the team. Do the Bills want to wait 2-3 years for a QB to properly develop?

Ok, ok...

New guess...

Trade 8 players and 7 draft picks for a high 1st round pick. Start said QB immediately. Outrage after his first interception, demand his release, and everyone on the Bills coaching staff/front office fired.

I'd prefer to see how 2015 shakes out before worrying about next year

I know the topic of our QB's and or situation going forward gets discussed constantly - but what is your solution?

I'd like the Bills to trade for Zac Dysert in Denver before the start of this season. He's an ERFA which I believe as long as he's tendered a minimum contract offer by Denver he has to sign that deal for the 2016 season. I'd be willing to give up a 4th round draft pick to get him and possibly a player too.

1) Keep whichever of this year's QBs looks semi-competent.

2) Do what's necessary to get into position in the 2016 1st round to draft a guy that the front office believes is capable of being a franchise QB

3) Bring in a Chase Daniel, Chad Henne, or Matt Moore type to compete for the backup job

Most importantly, do NOT go trading a 4th round pick for a guy that Denver drafted in the 7th round and hasn't played a down of regular season football.

1) Keep whichever of this year's QBs looks semi-competent.

2) Do what's necessary to get into position in the 2016 1st round to draft a guy that the front office believes is capable of being a franchise QB

3) Bring in a Chase Daniel, Chad Henne, or Matt Moore type to compete for the backup job

Most importantly, do NOT go trading a 4th round pick for a guy that Denver drafted in the 7th round and hasn't played a down of regular season football.

I like this plan. I am a Chase Daniel fan as well. If the position next year was like Cardale, Tyrod and Chase Daniel I think that I would be good with it.

Draft a QB every round in ever year until we hit on one. It's the only position that matters for long-term success.

I hear similar thoughts on this - maybe not every round - but drafting a QB every year comes up often. How in the world would you propose to evaluate if a QB hits in this scenario?

I would love for us to be able to get Rivers, but SD can just as easily use their Franchise Tag on him. I don't see him going anywhere. Same with Eli and the NY Giants. Our only option will be to draft and hope we hit on one. I think that is where our 1st Round pick will be spent unless someone shows capable this year. I still think we have a playoff team even if we only get a Orton-esque performance from one of these guys this year. Mor than likely looking at a pick in the 20's which will narrow our options. Cook, Hackenberg, Jones, and Goff are all likely to be off the board by then. If they are not I would be happy with one of the 4. Another guy I like that seems to be a player is Gunner Keil. Former top ranked Irish recruit that transfereed to Cincinnati. Or another guy to keep an eye on is Cody Kessler from USC. He doesn't necessarily have the ideal size you look for as he is only 6'1", but the kid has a rocket arm.

Let's hope they can get some solid play this season and one steps up to play some winning football. Whoever is the QB doesn't need to be spectacular, just play smart, not turn the ball over and get some timely 3rd down conversions.

Roman and Rex both have won a lot of football games with average to below average QB play.

That's a fine idea but that QB will most likely not be ready to start at QB on a playoff caliber team with Super Bowl aspirations.

Build the best OL possible to give Cassel , EJ or Taylor time and the running game to work . It will take a heck of a lot to move up in the next draft with so many teams desperate for a good QB.