Woods/Gilmore fight

YoloinOhio

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He allegedly met with marrone to have EJ benched at the close of their rookie seasons - no? That story went around pretty unchallenged I believe. That story paired with his open disgust on the field to start 2014 seemed pretty telling

That seems like a bigger problem than a shoving match with a CB. (As long as no one gets hurt!)

So the 10 year guy had more command than a 2nd year guy. Awesome. Well, Orton sucked minus beating up on the Jets and is a kitty cat. Enjoy retirement.

And he inspired glowing words from Robert Woods, and what some could construe as back-handed remarks on EJ. Not a good look for yo boy.

thats what I found so odd. Gilmore is like Ghandi.

and thats what drive receivers nuts. just quietly pulling the jersey and smiling

That seems like a bigger problem than a shoving match with a CB. (As long as no one gets hurt!)

i never heard any of this. and I honestly thought i was paying attention!

they all got a bit tired of Manuel or the play calling at one point

Absolutely nothing to see here.

Except...

Robert Woods has been a Gem for us from Day 1. REX alluded to him singularly beating the Jets when he committed his entire D to take away Sammy. Robert found himself in Moron's doghouse last preseason, only to prove the coach wrong. Harvin is taking more & more 1st team reps away from him and double TE sets and a fullback only allow so many WR's on the field.

Did I mention our QB's suck??

Frustration. IMO, he's proven himself more worthy of starting than Harvin, but Rex/Roman obviously have a different plan

This!!!!

Did anybody anyone who was there today or the past few days notice visible frustration over not being thrown to? If so why did he take it out on Gilmore?

@MatthewFairburn: Robert Woods and Stephon Gilmore get in the first fight of Bills camp. Woods throwing haymakers. He's been frustrated for the last few days.

@MatthewFairburn: @dpants5150 because QBs are struggling to get him the ball

I recall reading someone's post saying something along the lines of hoping Woods learns to keep his cool and not be throwing punches at guys heads. :doh:

i never heard any of this. and I honestly thought i was paying attention!

they all got a bit tired of Manuel or the play calling at one point

There seemed to be visible disgust at one point. I think that was around the time EJ was one-hopping balls to open WR's or putting their lives at risk. I don't remember specifics of what was said, but his body language was pretty clear. No idea what his current feelings are or if that was just a temporary tantrum. Hopefully the level of play and the relationship both improve greatly.

There seemed to be visible disgust at one point. I think that was around the time EJ was one-hopping balls to open WR's or putting their lives at risk. I don't remember specifics of what was said, but his body language was pretty clear. No idea what his current feelings are or if that was just a temporary tantrum. Hopefully the level of play and the relationship both improve greatly.

I specifically recall the disgust after a ball thrown behind him that had he caught it he would have been killed. There's at least one look like that I recall.

Although this one taken form the Goodwin thread shows him getting killed after trying to reach behind him and catch the ball. Thanks to JTSP for the link.

https://youtu.be/_4Cse1d2IXA

Edited by beerme1

I love Woods as a route runner but he has a very few yards-after-contact (he recently came up near the bottom of the league in Football Outsiders ranking of that stat). He needs to become a bit more physical - so I'm glad to see it starting in training camp.

As for Gilmore, he tends to get a bit... "handsy." I'm sure his style of play gets under the skin of opposing WRs. So, I'm also glad to see it starting in training camp.

This is fine.