Bills training camp practice 8/10

YoloinOhio

That could all be true. Like I said, I stopped following him on twitter but I never thought of him as being anti-EJ. Now that you mention it though, I remember him being against the pick at the time. I think that's fair. Every last person on this website fancies themselves a football prognosticator to some extent. He saw a guy who wasn't very good in college and was seen as a massive project. So far he's been dead on. If he's been unjustly critical of Manuel between the pick and now, that could be, again, I don't really follow him too much.

so how do you explain the HUGE differences in his reporting than what people like Astro and and The Wiz report?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're wrong, they are expected to generate clicks. Joe B has been good at it so far.

You're right and it's why I would be bad as reporter. I hate all these immediate snap judgments.

It's funny that a lot of people want to draft a new qb next year and yet not enough have the patience for the process of them developing.

But I think it's embarrassing the way EJ has been treated since he was drafted. Crap coaching staff and fans consistently riding the dude. I want him to win the job because Cassel is the lesser version of Orton (and I can't stand Orton) and Taylor makes me nervous (both good and bad)

Fantastic post. I know I'm in this thread trashing cassel. He did make a pro bowl. Playing qb for a team that was one play away from going undefeated. That was a stacked team. Prime moss and pre concussion welker.

I don't hate cassel. I hate what him starting means. It means that ej and tt can't beat a mediocre journeyman qb. That is bad for the Bills which is not anything I'm interested in.

I also think many fans refuse to look at ej objectively. They think he was a reach and refuse to let go of their pre draft notion that he couldn't be the guy. I also think the last 15 years have removed patience from a lot of fans.

Edited by section122

But I think it's embarrassing the way EJ has been treated since he was drafted. Crap coaching staff and fans consistently riding the dude. I want him to win the job because Cassel is the lesser version of Orton (and I can't stand Orton) and Taylor makes me nervous (both good and bad) /quote]

Fantastic post. I know I'm in this thread trashing cassel. He did make a pro bowl. Playing qb for a team that was one play away from going undefeated. That was a stacked team. Prime moss and pre concussion welker.

I don't hate cassel. I hate what home starting means. It means that ej and tt can't beat a mediocre journeyman qb. That is bad for the Bills which is not anything I'm interested in.

I also think many fans refuse to look at ej objectively. They think he was a reach and refuse to let go of their pre draft notion that he couldn't be the guy. I also think the last 15 years have removed patience from a lot of fans.

Well said. I don't dislike Cassel at all. Seems like a good dude. But it would be depressing if EJ or Taylor can't beat him out.

Serious question actually 2 ....

Do you love trolling?

Do you honestly think Boyeul bothers me?

If EJ stays in the league for 11 years and isn't a Franchise QB I'll call him meh when that time comes.

You never answered my question. You think it's OK to mock QBA of my team and then I give a nickname for QBC on that same team, who will be lucky to have the career that QBA has had, and it's somehow controversial.

And to achieve "meh" status, Manuel would have to have two ten win seasons and make a pro bowl. You do realize that Matt Cassel has had a more successful career than say, Losman or Edwards, right? Let's take baby steps here. Let's see Manuel have as good a season as Losman did in '06 when he took every snap all season and finished 11th in the NFL in passer rating in his third season as a pro. You realize that if he doesn't get his act together soon, he's going to go down in the annals below both JP Losman and Trent Edwards on the list of all time Bills QB's? And you have the nerve to mock the OTHER QB in this competition?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

You're right and it's why I would be bad as reporter. I hate all these immediate snap judgments.

It's funny that a lot of people want to draft a new qb next year and yet not enough have the patience for the process of them developing.

When you haven't had a QB that was good for as long as we have it's not a shock. Only immediate results will gain respect.

You never answered my question. You think it's OK to mock QBA of my team and then I give a nickname for QBC on that same team, who will be lucky to have the career that QBA has had, and it's somehow controversial.

And to achieve "meh" status, Manuel would have to have two ten win seasons and make a pro bowl. You do realize that Matt Cassel has had a more successful career than say, Losman or Edwards, right? Let's take baby steps here. Let's see Manuel have as good a season as Losman did in '06 when he took every snap all season and finished 11th in the NFL in passer rating in his third season as a pro. You realize that if he doesn't get his act together soon, he's going to go down in the annals below JP Losman on the list of all time Bills QB's?

That was Losman's 3rd season. He didn't play his rookie year and was an absolute train wreck his 2nd year when he competed less than 50% of his passes.

This isn't a valid comparison at all. You're trying to hard to hate now.

When you haven't had a QB that was good for as long as we have it's not a shock. Only immediate results will gain respect.

I'm excited to be the first person to call Connor Cook a bust after his first incomplete pass in OTAs! Edited by C.Biscuit97

That was Losman's 3rd season. He didn't play his rookie year and was an absolute train wreck his 2nd year when he competed less than 50% of his passes.

This isn't a valid comparison at all. You're trying to hard to hate now.

I said it was his third season. In earnest, it was really his second season. I'm not hating. Would you bet your hard-earned money, even odds, that Manuel ever plays 16 games and finishes 11th in the NFL in passer rating?

I said it was his third season. In earnest, it was really his second season. I'm not hating. Would you bet your hard-earned money, even odds, that Manuel ever plays 16 games and finishes 11th in the NFL in passer rating?

That depends. Does he have Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods or Lee Evans and Josh Reed?

I don't know. That's the whole point. If EJ wins the job, do I think he could have an Alex Smith type season? Absolutely. He might do better than that. But at this point, who knows?

For some reason, despite throwing 34 ints and 19 fumbles in 30 games,Cassel is the safe choice. The Bills suck at developing young Qbs.

I don't know. That's the whole point. If EJ wins the job, do I think he could have an Alex Smith type season? Absolutely. He might do better than that. But at this point, who knows?

For some reason, despite throwing 34 ints and 19 fumbles in 30 games,Cassel is the safe choice. The Bills suck at developing young Qbs.

This is so true, sadly.

I really hate what Marrone/Hackett did with EJ.

And to achieve "meh" status, Manuel would have to have two ten win seasons and make a pro bowl. You do realize that Matt Cassel has had a more successful career than say, Losman or Edwards, right? Let's take baby steps here. Let's see Manuel have as good a season as Losman did in '06 when he took every snap all season and finished 11th in the NFL in passer rating in his third season as a pro. You realize that if he doesn't get his act together soon, he's going to go down in the annals below both JP Losman and Trent Edwards on the list of all time Bills QB's? And you have the nerve to mock the OTHER QB in this competition?

I would call Michael Vick "meh" (or something worse) if the Bills signed, but he has had a more successful career than anyone mentioned in your posts.

My "meh" with respect to both Vick and Cassel is because both guys haven't been too exciting as of late (past 3 seasons).

I do think EJ could have seasons like Cassel's best (little bit of a reach to say he will). I also don't think EJ's out of the league if he doesn't make it here. I think he would be picked up as a back up that would likely get several opportunities to start (be it for poor play or injuries).

His physical attributes and calm demeanor will serve him well as he ages. What I mean is he will work very hard until he fixes the gaps in his game, and at that point I don't think his arm will have started to fade. I think these two features are why the EJ "defenders" do not think he should be written off.

On the flip side, I get the win now mentality because teams like this don't seem to last (I'm hoping Whaley is draft genius). EJ has definitely been underwhelming at times in his career, but I think he will good QB (albeit in probably in 3-4 more years).

I know it's just so incredibly rare for a QB to be ready from day 1. Don't know why people can't understand that.

This is what gets me when people trash Losman. He really started to show something. Stupid fat Vince Wilfork essentially ended his career with that cheap shot that allowed Trent to step in. But I don't get why most people seem to act like Losman was the worst thing ever.

Yeah but we're on day 800+.

That's why this season is the measuring stick season.

Interesting EJ #s:

@ChrisTrapasso

Doubt 64.4% / 6.9 YPA / 12:8 TD/INT ratio w/o pressure is superb. But there's thought EJ can't even hit broad side of barn. Which isn't true

Russell Wilson w/o pressure thru 14 games: 71.1% / 8.8YPA / 17TD 8INT. Matt Ryan: 67.1% / 8.2YPA / 12TD 6 INT. So Manuel's stats not as good

Manuel's w/o pressure stats thru 14 games more similar to Flacco (64.1% / 7.2YPA / 9TD 9INT) and Tannehill (61.1% / 6.8YPA 8TD 9INT)