Bills training camp practice 8/10

YoloinOhio

Uh just got off Twitter and I see Joe B is melting down responding to his followers, attacking back and correcting grammar. Professionals don't do that. Or at least they shouldn't. Just block them, Joe. Don't be that guy. If you are secure in your work you don't bother with that stuff.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why do people think that all Bills beat reporters have an anti-EJ conspiracy?

Seems similar to last year when no one took the camp press accounts of his struggles seriously.

I think its because people dont want to admit that EJ isnt that good so they look for confirmation bias. If the reporters had a pro-EJ conspiracy nobody would be calling that into question and asking them to pump the brakes on the praise. They dont want the truth until it hits them in the face in the first 4 weeks. Its exactly like last year.

Despite the lovers and haters making the most noise, I think most of us understand that it would be great if he emerged given his physical skill set, but are concerned over his inconsistency showing no signs of abating.

I don't think the media cares who looks better than who - they just want something that sounds alarming (aside from JoeB, who i think is now on a warpath against the twitter dissenters)

100% correct. There may be more scrutiny of EJ, but that's because this is the camp he's supposed to seize the reigns.

Why do people think that all Bills beat reporters have an anti-EJ conspiracy?

Seems similar to last year when no one took the camp press accounts of his struggles seriously.

It's primarily JoKe B with the obvious confirmation bias. He gets called out on twitter as well here on TSW for it.

Uh just got off Twitter and I see Joe B is melting down responding to his followers, attacking back and correcting grammar. Professionals don't do that. Or at least they shouldn't. Just block them, Joe. Don't be that guy. If you are secure in your work you don't bother with that stuff.

He's such a Tuel.

Tim Graham's twitter is also him just bickering with his followers.

Joe Buscaglia: "EJ's continued struggles with commanding the huddle are highlighted by his receivers running the wrong routes."

Wow, how the hell does he know that.

that has to be the most ridiculous opinion from him, and that says alot

I was a Joe B fan...I really was...Even though I did not agree with the guy on everything, and even knowing he was certainly not qualified to be a "Draft expert..." I really did not care because I respect his work ethic and his efforts...

But this EJ thing with him has turned me against the guy...And this is coming from a fan who has unquestionably been critical of EJ in the past...But there's a difference between legit critical reporting and campaigning...And Joe B, IMHO, has been campaigning against EJ from day #1...Ignoring some REAL important facts while doing so, and really not even trying to hide it...

Like I stated in another thread, in his first 14 starts there is an undeniable direct correlation between good EJ and the Bills ability to run the ball...Basically...When the Bills ran the ball well EJ was good enough and they won...When the Bills did not run the ball well and too much was asked of the young QB he basically sucked, or at least he was not good enough...The Bills had 5 decent games running the ball with EJ at QB...They were 4-1 in those games and the only loss was that Toronto fumble debacle vs Atlanta...

Now...I realize there will be games every QB has to take over and win when the Offense can't run the ball...But when you can't run the ball worth a darn in 2/3 of your games, and your QB is a young project, what exactly do you expect from him?...I don't think EJ will ever be a 65-70% completion guy...I think he will frustrate everyone at times no matter how long he is in the league...But anyone who judged the kid absolutely based on his first two years is simply doing so unfairly...And Joe B is right at the front of that line...Good grief I could actually understand it a bit if EJ had a Manziel-type past...But the kid is everything you want in a QB off the field...I really don't mind the legit criticism...There's plenty in EJ's game to be critical of...But this seems more like a witch hunt...It's shoddy... B-)

I was a Joe B fan...I really was...Even though I did not agree with the guy on everything, and even knowing he was certainly not qualified to be a "Draft expert..." I really did not care because I respect his work ethic and his efforts...

But this EJ thing with him has turned me against the guy...And this is coming from a fan who has unquestionably been critical of EJ in the past...But there's a difference between legit critical reporting and campaigning...And Joe B, IMHO, has been campaigning against EJ from day #1...Ignoring some REAL important facts while doing so, and really not even trying to hide it...

Like I stated in another thread, in his first 14 starts there is an undeniable direct correlation between good EJ and the Bills ability to run the ball...Basically...When the Bills ran the ball well EJ was good enough and they won...When the Bills did not run the ball well and too much was asked of the young QB he basically sucked, or at least he was not good enough...The Bills had 5 decent games running the ball with EJ at QB...They were 4-1 in those games and the only loss was that Toronto fumble debacle vs Atlanta...

Now...I realize there will be games every QB has to take over and win when the Offense can't run the ball...But when you can't run the ball worth a darn in 2/3 of your games, and your QB is a young project, what exactly do you expect from him?...I don't think EJ will ever be a 65-70% completion guy...I think he will frustrate everyone at times no matter how long he is in the league...But anyone who judged the kid absolutely based on his first two years is simply doing so unfairly...And Joe B is right at the front of that line...Good grief I could actually understand it a bit if EJ had a Manziel-type past...But the kid is everything you want in a QB off the field...I really don't mind the legit criticism...There's plenty in EJ's game to be critical of...But this seems more like a witch hunt...It's shoddy... B-)

I'm the same way. I don't care if the reporting is one way or the other - there are good throws and bad throws from all QBs. None of the QBs are very good, it's no secret, and no one expected them to light up TC. It's the unnecessary snarkiness and condescension that is tacked on all.the.time that is completely obnoxious. Edited by YoloinOhio

But...but...Cassel is starting the first preseason game!

It seems to be pointing to Cassell from what I'm reading on this board and in various articles. Tyrod or EJ had to make a move to get the spot and it appears they haven't to date. Cassell might be an improvement over Orton, and if we have to go with one of the three I'd take the guy least likely to lose the game with dumb moves. I wish we had other choices, but Cassell is looking like the guy...at least for now.