NFL should change the two feet in bounds rule to one.

While you're at it, why don't you make first downs 5 yards instead of 10? Plus give the offense 5 downs instead of four. That way the offense only needs to gain 1 yard per down. Maybe they can change the rules so if you catch a pass on the first bounce it's still a catch. Or a RB needs to be tackled 3 times to be considered down. Defenses will rarely stop offenses and everyone can be happy with great big scoring fests. If rules are to be changed it needs to start benefiting the defense. IMO

What's not to like with leather helmets too?

It's funny you say this. It has been argued that these helmets are safer. Why? Well, because guys would be less likely to lead with their head if they were helmet less or used leather helmets. They say that the current helmets give players a false sense of security. I don't know how much I buy it, but that is what some say.

i enjoy the 2-feet rule but would love the ball stripes.

the rule-change i've always wanted implemented is that the sunday night after the wild-card and divisional rounds, the team with the highest seeding gets to pick their opponent for the next week, as opposed to automatically playing the lowest-seeded team, which may actually be better than the second-lowest. would also make for a great tv event and encourage rivalry.

Rules were written for a reason. WHy challenge the integrity of the game with any rule changes?

So we should move the goal posts back into the endzone, allowing spearing on defenseless receivers, no drug testing, no 2 point conversion, no concussion protocols, and smear stickum over all the receivers again.

Bobby Chandler would be rolling in his grave if they did.

Bobby Chandler was great. Remember when he was second string? Who was ahead of him, JD Hill and Marlin Briscoe and Haven Moses? What a four man team that was.

And then a few years later it was Hill and Ahmad Rashad with Chandler #3

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Conversions - If each defender misses, a conversion attempt opens up for the offense. In order for this to be successful, the offense must tip-in the ball in the same fashion. Only a player on base and the shooter can attempt this; after the two defensive attempts the offense gets two attempts. (The second shot is reserved for the shooter.) Once again, they must be in the air when they try, and they only have two chances, one for each player. If no member of the offense is on base at the time, only the shooter can attempt the conversion (getting one shot). (If two players are on base, only one can attempt the conversion along with the shooter.)

What say ye?

There's been a lot of focus on getting more scoring and offensive output in the NFL, but it seems to me one of the most simple rules to change would be the two foot in bounds rule when making a catch.

Switch to the college rule of one foot in bounds being a completed pass, the receivers will post bigger numbers and there will be some amazing receptions that would otherwise be ruled incomplete.

Also, my brothers and I agreed it would be cool if the NFL added the white half stripe like college football, it would make the ball easier to see. In case anyone hasn't noticed, the footballs are, uh...mud color. Everyone in the stadium is watching this little ball and it's drab brown. Makes zero sense. At least slap a little white on there, it's what everyone is used to playing their whole lives in high school and college anyway.

The NFL did use the stripes back in superbowl VIII, good for them. Bring it back.

I say bring in all the college rules for passing

So we should move the goal posts back into the endzone, allowing spearing on defenseless receivers, no drug testing, no 2 point conversion, no concussion protocols, and smear stickum over all the receivers again.

Hey man, I'm just reading the script...