Rex Ryan: I Won't Repeat Jets Mistakes in Buffalo

Why do we hear Rexy every. Single. Day. Of. Our. Lives.

Dont you have some work to go do? Dont you have a couch in your office to go sleep on, so you can wake up at 4 am and watch more film?

Why do I feel like I'm watching Rex Ryan's reality TV show?

I guess he's supposed to be a good coach, but . . . this isnt really a Buffalo way to approach a grinding-ass job.

You're right. Look at all the success local teams have had doing it the "Buffalo way."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have drafted Bryce Petty in the third and not traded my fourth last year for Brown and used that pick for a Guard.

Don't know how good he will be but he has the tools to play and more importantly the attitude to play QB, which is more promising than the guys we have now.

Even though there is a lot of talk that this years QB crop was a lot like the QB crop where EJ Manuel was drafted past the top 2 guys (which we didnt have a shot at)....and that in fact a LOT of people were comparing Bryce Petty to EJ except that EJ ran a pro style set while Petty has not......and my NEVER be good enough to start in the NFL

And even though the coaches absolutely love John Miller....who appears perfect for the offensive system Roman employs.....and word out of camp is he is holding his own with a DL that is most considered one of the best in the league

So glad you are not our GM

Edited by John from Hemet

Wide Right- why is he a bad coach? As a DC, he created some of the nastiest defenses in the NFL with the Ravens. When Tannenbaum was his GM, he went to the AFC championship in his first two years with the Jets, and that was with Sanchez as his QB. Then his last two years he had Idzik who was a money guy who did nothing but purge his talent to save money and get out of cap hell.

Rex needed CB's for his defense and Idzik didn't do it.

He doesn't have a QB, but he has inherited the most talented team he's coached in the NFL. In addition, the Pegulas opened the wallet for top coaches and Roman has a great pedigree. Whaley picked up more offensive weapons and lineman addressing everything we need minus the QB. You know next year we'll most likely mortgage the farm for a solid QB in the draft.

So why other than you just don't like Rex would you say he's a bad Coach. The history does not bear that out. You have every right to feel and state whatever you want, but I don't see it.

Personally I love Rex and his swagger. He's also made Buffalo relevant again this off season. I don't expect the SB, but I do expect the playoffs. Wait til we win a few in a row. We'll be on sportscenger

Yeah, we put up 38 points on that NASTY defense of his last season with in my opinion a suspect offense.If I'm not mistaken, the Jets won 4 games last year.I could go on.If you love Rex for whatever reason then he's your man and that's fine.But don't try to portray this guy as even an above average coach in this league,after all he was just fired for lack of results.I have met Rex and have enjoyed talking to him on 3 occasions over the past couple of months.Rex and Michelle are very nice people,I am NOT attacking this man on character.I know as Bills fans you would simply melt in his presence because he's YOUR favorite teams coach however your fanboy attraction doesn't make him great.

Yeah, we put up 38 points on that NASTY defense of his last season with in my opinion a suspect offense.If I'm not mistaken, the Jets won 4 games last year.I could go on.If you love Rex for whatever reason then he's your man and that's fine.But don't try to portray this guy as even an above average coach in this league,after all he was just fired for lack of results.I have met Rex and have enjoyed talking to him on 3 occasions over the past couple of months.Rex and Michelle are very nice people,I am NOT attacking this man on character.I know as Bills fans you would simply melt in his presence because he's YOUR favorite teams coach however your fanboy attraction doesn't make him great.

so then.. Rex goes to the AFC Championship a few times with Dirty Sanchez and a nasty D.. Then a solid portion of his D gets purged and no real replacements and we put up points and that is why Rex is a bad coach

holes man holes. lots of holes

He may not be great but he is most definitely a good coach

Edited by shibuya

In your first sentence you demonstrate your lack of reading comprehension. Machine Gun made it quite clear that last year's jets were thin at CB, a key position in Rex's scheme, so those 38 points weren't much of an accomplishment -- or a slam against Rex. So why are you reinforcing Machine Gun's points without advancing the conversation? Could it be because you have nothing to add and have no reason to dislike Rex other than the fact you dislike the Bills?

It helps if you READ people's posts before you start foaming at the mouth to get your trolling done. It'll help you come across as someone who is more than a one troll pony.

It's PFT. Of course not.

Call me crazy but I think we'll start to see the pendulum swing back from offense to defense within a few seasons.

We're seeing mega money deals for slightly above average QB play in Flacco, Dalton, and Tannehill of all people. The going rate on QBs is rapidly outpacing the salary cap.

I also think we're starting to see a slight shift back to the running game. The Bills aren't the only ones stating they're going to pound the ball (Philly, Denver , etc,) There's a shortage of solid QBs and Peyton, Brees & Brady will all be retired in a few years.

Yeah, the Jets are a big old troll cause they fired him huh?Stop seeing through your heart .

You still have yet to expound as to why Ryan isn't the best choice for the Bills. Or whom you would have preferred.

...All you've done is lash out and troll. If you say you're not a troll, prove it. Contribute to the board in a positive way by having an actual discussion about football. Not emotions.

You still have yet to expound as to why Ryan isn't the best choice for the Bills. Or whom you would have preferred.

...All you've done is lash out and troll. If you say you're not a troll, prove it. Contribute to the board in a positive way by having an actual discussion about football. Not emotions.

HA

Why do we hear Rexy every. Single. Day. Of. Our. Lives.

Dont you have some work to go do? Dont you have a couch in your office to go sleep on, so you can wake up at 4 am and watch more film?

Why do I feel like I'm watching Rex Ryan's reality TV show?

I guess he's supposed to be a good coach, but . . . this isnt really a Buffalo way to approach a grinding-ass job.

a grinding assjob?

What is the Buffalo way for approaching on of those?

i dont believe you.

rex would have you in his arms and you making promises you could not keep with in moments. he has a wizards charm. you have not met him at all.and if maybe just maybe you have?

did he send you away and perhaps you are hurt?

carry on.

Why does anyone care what Ryan, or anyone else says?

I'll judge Ryan by what happens on the field.

as we all should!

until then we can ONLY opine. so thats what we do! grumpy olde men geez

Cool story bro!

Edited by Best Player Available

They used a 5th on Richardson last year. Without looking it up, what guard would you have taken in the 4th?

As for Petty, he's a complete unknown. And John Miller looks to be a sud.

Tre Jackson from FL St, guy is a roadgrader. Miller looks good but I'd take a potential starting QB over a guard any day.

Can you stop by Wal-Mart and get one?

be right on it, while im there I'll get a new robot suit, that one is looking about as bad as our QBs

Tre Jackson from FL St, guy is a roadgrader. Miller looks good but I'd take a potential starting QB over a guard any day.

be right on it, while im there I'll get a new robot suit, that one is looking about as bad as our QBs

tre Jackson was taken off the Bills draft board for medical, so wasn't an option