Patrick Kane--sexual assault allegations--

Guffalo

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See this where you obviously don't get it. The defense lawyer is on the side where she isn't a victim. This is why I asked if you understood his job.

As strange as it sounds, defense attornies are concerned with their client's defense. Not what you think about him.

His job is to convince a jury, or a DA. It is not to go public with criticisms of the "not victim".

What part of his client's defense is this exactly? You can absolutely defend your client and be classy about it. It happens all the time. I understand what a defense attorney does He should hold the state to the highest standards of proof beyond a reasonable doubt if this goes to trial. It is not at trial.

That's sexist, and also pretty ignorant, with a spoonful of false righteous indignation to top it all off.

You're damn tooting it is (sexist, whatever on the others)... Let it be your daughter that gets tangled up w/the wrong creep.

His job is to convince a jury, or a DA. It is not to go public with criticisms of the "not victim".

What part of his client's defense is this exactly? You can absolutely defend your client and be classy about it. It happens all the time. I understand what a defense attorney does He should hold the state to the highest standards of proof beyond a reasonable doubt if this goes to trial. It is not at trial.

Cambria knows he raped her and is doing everything to get him off. Fire Chan seems to respect that. Edited by ExiledInIllinois

You're damn tooting it is... Let it be your daughter that gets tangled up w/the wrong creep.

Cambria knows he raped her and is doing everything to get him off. Fire Chan seems to respect that.

Oh, now you're wishing rape on my innocent daughter? Is this is sort of classiness you wish to hold the attorney to?

It's a big new story about the trial. He gave a comment directed towards his client's innocence. This story can directly affect potential juries.

By your same logic, the accuser's attorney also should not be able to go public, but he held a presser today.

Oh, now you're wishing rape on my innocent daughter? Is this is sort of classiness you wish to hold the attorney to?

It's a big new story about the trial. He gave a comment directed towards his client's innocence. This story can directly affect potential juries.

By your same logic, the accuser's attorney also should not be able to go public, but he held a presser today.

No... By no means wishing rape. I am just stating that is something this awful happened to your world (which I pray it doesn't) you would feel equally as helpless and want the dude behind bars.

Cambria knows he raped her and is doing everything to get him off. Fire Chan seems to respect that.

It is the dude's job. We don't have to like it. At the beginning of the OJ trial...maybe it was even the preliminary hearings, Shapiro I thought did a fine job of holding the State accountable for the process of proving OJ's guilt. He did so without "baffling them with BS". It seemed to me that OJ "did it" but that Shapiro was forcing the state to take every step to prove it. Without that, there would be a lot of innocent people in jails.

Then along came Cochrane and F Lee and the rest of the people claiming DNA could somehow morph and if gloves don't fit you must acquit......fiasco. This guy is going into fiasco mode right away. Nothing he is saying or doing at this point is "defending his client" in a technical sense because there is nothing to defend him from. He is publicly calling out the "non-victim".

No... By no means wishing rape. I am just stating that is something this awful happened to your world (which I pray it doesn't) you would feel equally as helpless and want the dude behind bars.

Yeah, okay...

Let it be your daughter that gets tangled up w/the wrong creep.

It is the dude's job. We don't have to like it. At the beginning of the OJ trial...maybe it was even the preliminary hearings, Shapiro I thought did a fine job of holding the State accountable for the process of proving OJ's guilt. He did so without "baffling them with BS". It seemed to me that OJ "did it" but that Shapiro was forcing the state to take every step to prove it. Without that, there would be a lot of innocent people in jails.

Then along came Cochrane and F Lee and the rest of the people claiming DNA could somehow morph and if gloves don't fit you must acquit......fiasco. This guy is going into fiasco mode right away. Nothing he is saying or doing at this point is "defending his client" in a technical sense because there is nothing to defend him from. He is publicly calling out the "non-victim".

For the record, it's a job I could never ever bring myself to do. But the truth is that the innocent and the guilty need defense attorneys.

He will never be. I raised him not to be a misogynist... NEVER get into this situation. He knows the meaning of: No. You know why... No means no.

Maybe not the case here but there's plenty of controversial examples in the past and sketchy situations ongoing out there. Mentioned one (I believe earlier in this thread) of a guy booted from college because "regret is rape" and the girl was simply upset she slept with him when she saw him with another girl a few weeks later. Or the duke scandal of years past. The rolling stone article... Young guys can really get railroaded by people that throw common sense out in fear of questioning someone claiming to be a victim.

As far as I know, you and I do not know what factually happened beyond a few clues to extrapolate from.

I hope even the worst among us get a competent defense. I likewise hope the people are served by a great DA and both sides receive police work beholden to finding the truth.

Unfortunately it seems thid case isn't batting 1.000 on those so far.

Edited by NoSaint

I agree... BUT not in rape cases! Simply not in rape cases. Yeah, I am going draw a line with sexual violance against women.

The Duke lacrosse players called. They said you're a moron.

Let your son be the one who is falsely accused. You'll be the first one to spend your money on the best lawyer you can afford.

Everything in this world is about balance. In your scenario, prisons would be full of innocent men because hell has no fury...

The Duke lacrosse players called. They said you're a moron.

Let your son be the one who is falsely accused. You'll be the first one to spend your money on the best lawyer you can afford.

Everything in this world is about balance. In your scenario, prisons would be full of innocent men because hell has no fury...

A moron that can keep it in his pants AND respect a woman, same w/the son... He's on his own if he can't be taught to.... Be stuck in prison with all the other "smart" ones. Edited by ExiledInIllinois

A moron that can keep it in his pants AND respect a woman, same w/the son... He's on his own if he can't be taught to.... Be stuck in prison with all the other "smart" ones.

So your son is going to be a virgin forever? False accusations happen all the time, not just to womanizers or whatever but decent guys too.

So your son is going to be a virgin forever? False accusations happen all the time, not just to womanizers or whatever but decent guys too.

I assumed you knew what "keeping it your pants and respecting woman meant." I should have clarified that it doesn't mean total abstinance. No doubt he is not a virgin anymore. No doubt he won't find himself in any false accusation situation... He wasn't taught to be misongynistic womanizer, there is almost zero chance @ false accusations. Simply put, honorable men USUALLY don't have to worry about that boogieman in the room. But...Now, I will leave it for you guys to worry about.

Hint: Kane has a steady girlfriend and was still out skirt chasing... He brought it upon himself, it was solely HIS burden and problem. He deserves what he gets and if he is falsely accused, so be it.

You guys worry way too much, be accountable and take responsibility for being in a situation with a crazy lady... :-O My gut tells me, that this situation is NOT like that w/her. She did everything right as a victim and the system let her down. She has a right to go to a 3 am party and not expect to be !@#$ed against her will... NO MATTER how slutty she is acting OR who she might have been with or who will be with. The control of her body is soley hers. The burden is on the rapist to NOT commit a crime. I mean this is Patrick Kane... Not some Chrissie Hynde biker gang!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I assumed you knew what "keeping it your pants and respecting woman meant." I should have clarified that it doesn't mean total abstinance. No doubt he is not a virgin anymore. No doubt he won't find himself in any false accusation situation... He wasn't taught to be misongynistic womanizer, there is almost zero chance @ false accusations. Simply put, honorable men USUALLY don't have to worry about that boogieman in the room. But...Now, I will leave it for you guys to worry about.

Hint: Kane has a steady girlfriend and was still out skirt chasing... He brought it upon himself, it was solely HIS burden and problem. He deserves what he gets and if he is falsely accused, so be it.

At this point it's beyond any shadow of a doubt that Kane is an !@#$. But that doesn't mean he deserves a false rape accusation (which, by the way, I don't think is the case here).

And if you think that being "honorable" gives you an invulnerable position against such things...well I got a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell.

@makibecker

Erie County DA to hold press conference Friday morning to address allegations of evidence tampering.

So they will explain why somebody put a package like that @ the mother's house? I doubt it.

At this point it's beyond any shadow of a doubt that Kane is an !@#$. But that doesn't mean he deserves a false rape accusation (which, by the way, I don't think is the case here).

And if you think that being "honorable" gives you an invulnerable position against such things...well I got a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell.

Sell me that bridge! ;-P

You guys worry way too much, be accountable and take responsibility for being in a situation with a crazy lady... :-O My gut tells me, that this situation is NOT like that w/her. She did everything right as a victim and the system let her down. She has a right to go to a 3 am party and not expect to be !@#$ed against her will... NO MATTER how slutty she is acting OR who she might have been with or who will be with. The control of her body is soley hers. The burden is on the rapist to NOT commit a crime. I mean this is Patrick Kane... Not some Chrissie Hynde biker gang!

He deserves to be falsely accused of rape?