Whaley on QB situation:team will know before its "announced"

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**Let's be realistic**

How in the hell can EJ be the guy when he never lit it up in training camp or on the field? Don't give me that BS about the play calling, or bad coaching. EJ got all the coaching help he could get on the offseason, sat behind a veteran, and has all the good coaching he could ever need now. HOWEVER,

The guy struggled in preseason and the season last year and is continuing to struggle in training camp. EVEN when he was marginalized, he played arguably mediocre at best during last season and he's still not lighting it up in camp now after all of his so called improvements. Give me a freaking break and stop being delusional. Yep there's a chance a EJ is the guy -- but that would be slim from what all the scouts and analysts are saying. You have to be freaking kidding me if you're a Bills fan and looking at this stellar roster with the most important piece missing, and feel optimistic. You got to be freaking kidding me. The report after 2 days of training camp, is EJ Manuel is EXTREMELY inaccurate. He can't make simple throws in camp. SIMPLE routs. You can't start inaccurate QBs and even expect them to be a game manager.

If they don't work some offseason trade deal immediately and improve this situation, it doesn't matter how good this defense or all the rest of the offense is. QBs single-handedly are the most culpable for game changing plays - whether that's good or bad. You don't want this stellar roster wasted on somebody that is just not displaying the acceptable amount of talent. I think EJ is a great guy and a hard worker, but the same problems are recurring on the field. This is not good guys. He's not being consistent from the reports and the reports are he is throwing like a smaller weaker QB that can't see open guys down the field -- or that he doesn't put enough power in the ball to reach them.

**Let's be realistic**

How in the hell can EJ be the guy when he never lit it up in training camp or on the field? Don't give me that BS about the play calling, or bad coaching. EJ got all the coaching help he could get on the offseason, sat behind a veteran, and has all the good coaching he could ever need now. HOWEVER,

The guy struggled in preseason and the season last year and is continuing to struggle in training camp. EVEN when he was marginalized, he played arguably mediocre at best during last season and he's still not lighting it up in camp now after all of his so called improvements. Give me a freaking break and stop being delusional. Yep there's a chance a EJ is the guy -- but that would be slim from what all the scouts and analysts are saying. You have to be freaking kidding me if you're a Bills fan and looking at this stellar roster with the most important piece missing, and feel optimistic. You got to be freaking kidding me. The report after 2 days of training camp, is EJ Manuel is EXTREMELY inaccurate. He can't make simple throws in camp. SIMPLE routs. You can't start inaccurate QBs and even expect them to be a game manager.

If they don't work some offseason trade deal immediately and improve this situation, it doesn't matter how good this defense or all the rest of the offense is. QBs single-handedly are the most culpable for game changing plays - whether that's good or bad. You don't want this stellar roster wasted on somebody that is just not displaying the acceptable amount of talent. I think EJ is a great guy and a hard worker, but the same problems are recurring on the field. This is not good guys. He's not being consistent from the reports and the reports are he is throwing like a smaller weaker QB that can't see open guys down the field -- or that he doesn't put enough power in the ball to reach them.

You need to have more faith like the other EJ mother hens.

If they don't work some offseason trade deal immediately and improve this situation,

What QB would you have traded for? I don't like the situation the team is in, nobody does, but, really good QB's don't hit the open market. Want a "franchise QB?" You better draft him.

BTW...wouldn't it be more newsworthy if the team did not know who the QB was before announcing it? I suppose they could have a QB lottery.

Let's see...EJ gets 3 ping pong balls (one for being a past starter here, one for being the only 3rd year rookie QB in NFL history, one to compensate for his slow eyes). Meh gets 4 ping pong balls (one for being Meh, one for not starting on his college team, one for maintaining a close personal relationship with brady and one for being Meh). Tyrod gets 2 ping pong balls (one for our BuffaloHokie13 and one because of Rex' professed love of Taylor). Simms gets one ping pong ball for being the other Simms QB.

It's only day 2 and its against the best defense in football, but if this continues after a week then we must look elsewhere. Glennon, Mettenberger, Nasib, Cousins or even Vick are all possibilities. We have to trade for most of those guys but I believe those teams might be willing to swing a deal.

I hate to say it, but Sanchez is a better QB than anyone on our roster.

What QB would you have traded for? I don't like the situation the team is in, nobody does, but, really good QB's don't hit the open market. Want a "franchise QB?" You better draft him.

BTW...wouldn't it be more newsworthy if the team did not know who the QB was before announcing it? I suppose they could have a QB lottery.

Let's see...EJ gets 3 ping pong balls (one for being a past starter here, one for being the only 3rd year rookie QB in NFL history, one to compensate for his slow eyes). Meh gets 4 ping pong balls (one for being Meh, one for not starting on his college team, one for maintaining a close personal relationship with brady and one for being Meh). Tyrod gets 2 ping pong balls (one for our BuffaloHokie13 and one because of Rex' professed love of Taylor). Simms gets one ping pong ball for being the other Simms QB.

Edited by JTO

I agree with most of you that this team desperately needs a QB. The team has gone out and spent millions of dollars just to improve the roster, but as much as I hate being a pessimist I do not see us winning much. Who's to say that next year we will have a fantastic roster that we have today? Easy come easy go. With this in mind, I feel that we will not be able to capitalize with the QB situation that we have on hand.

It's like having a really fast car in Daytona 500 with a novice/incapable driver.

You have to love the pessimism on these threads. Our QB situation is dire because no one is lighting it up in camp, right? Would the negative Nancy's be happier if our QB (whomever it is) is dominating? That would essentially mean that our defense is garbage, which we know 100% is not the case. During the regular season, I expect that in only a couple of games that our opponents QB will look better than average to good. Given that, I would expect that all of our potential starting QB's will get a shot playing with the first team offense against the first team defense. Looking even just average is a good thing here. At this stage in the game, we just don't need another teams castoff/reject to essentially start over learning the playbook.

The report after 2 days of training camp, is EJ Manuel is EXTREMELY inaccurate. He can't make simple throws in camp. SIMPLE routs.

Not exactly the impression I'm getting from Astro's report - he's been ok, but not EXTREMELY anything.

I saw him throw a few nice balls on NFLN yesterday too [Eyeball Test Trump Card], FWIW.

New offense, new defenses for said new offense to work against.

Hmm. should be easy to reach conclusions second day of camp./s

What's wrong with you? We knew all the problem back in June! We didn't need to wait for camp to point it out. Edited by The Wiz

to reiterate above

So the Bills average QB's are having trouble against the Defense that gave Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Mannig, and Tom Brady*** in week 17 fits.

New offense, new defenses for said new offense to work against.

Hmm. should be easy to reach conclusions second day of camp./s

What's wrong with you? We knew all the problem back in June! We didn't need to wait for camp to point it out.

LOL :death:

**Let's be realistic**

I wish we could just somehow get you in front of these clowns Whaley and Ryan so you can coach them on how to get this done - and to admit how blind they are.

Everyone knows you need a good QB to win - why won't they just get one? It's clear that they built everything else on this team except QB on purpose.

Edited by Triple Threat

I wish we could just somehow get you in front of these clowns Whaley and Ryan so you can coach them on how to get this done - and to admit how blind they are.

Everyone knows you need a good QB to win - why won't they just get one? It's clear that they built everything else on this team except QB on purpose.

I was going to say the same thing in my last post, but went a different way. Can I just cut and paste this as a "stock response"?

It's only day 2 and its against the best defense in football, but if this continues after a week then we must look elsewhere. Glennon, Mettenberger, Nasib, Cousins or even Vick are all possibilities. We have to trade for most of those guys but I believe those teams might be willing to swing a deal.

From those you mention, Glennon strikes me as the best option. Over 19 games his performance in just about every statistical category is quite impressive for a young QB playing behind a bad line and without a strong backfield. He has a big arm that Ds have to respect. He distributes the ball effectively to his skill position players and he is good at not blowing himself up with mistakes, again something you have to like in a young QB. Don't know how high his ceiling is but looks to be a quality guy. And that's why the Bucs will probably not move him. Can you imagine going into the season with a raw first round rookie without a suitable backup. Who does that?