But I didn't inhale...

that's an interesting situation though, how does second hand smoke affect someone? In the past month I have been at concerts where there was heavy smoking all around me. I don't smoke and I am not in any danger of having to take a drug test(probably just jinxed that by saying it out loud). But how likely is it that being in outdoor proximity of pot smoking gets picked up in a drug test and do they go by levels of thc in the test?

that's an interesting situation though, how does second hand smoke affect someone? In the past month I have been at concerts where there was heavy smoking all around me. I don't smoke and I am not in any danger of having to take a drug test(probably just jinxed that by saying it out loud). But how likely is it that being in outdoor proximity of pot smoking gets picked up in a drug test and do they go by levels of thc in the test?

Most drug tests have thresholds, I believe the NFL sets these thresholds at whatever level they choose. That said, its very unlikely that second hand smoke would result in a positive test, unless he's locking himself in a closet putting a towel under the door and burning a lot of pot.

Most drug tests have thresholds, I believe the NFL sets these thresholds at whatever level they choose. That said, its very unlikely that second hand smoke would result in a positive test, unless he's locking himself in a closet putting a towel under the door and burning a lot of pot.

its negotiated with the players for the threshold. if i recall, its not particularly low, so if he tests positive im doubting its from walking down a jamaican street.

its negotiated with the players for the threshold. if i recall, its not particularly low, so if he tests positive im doubting its from walking down a jamaican street.

It used to be insanely low. Now it's just low: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/12/josh-gordon-will-be-suspended-10-games-under-new-drug-policy/

Note that in the study linked above, there were multiple positives at 20 ng/mL and one positive at 50 ng/mL. "However, positive tests are likely to be rare, limited to the hours immediately post-exposure, and occur only under environmental circumstances where exposure is obvious."

It used to be insanely low. Now it's just low: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/12/josh-gordon-will-be-suspended-10-games-under-new-drug-policy/

Note that in the study linked above, there were multiple positives at 20 ng/mL and one positive at 50 ng/mL. "However, positive tests are likely to be rare, limited to the hours immediately post-exposure, and occur only under environmental circumstances where exposure is obvious."

i remember they upped it, and there being discussion that this shouldnt be an issue. thanks for grabbing a link.

His blood level would be 0.0 in the circumstance he describes.