Do We Have Any Bernie Sanders Supporters Among Us?

You know the best, fastest, easiest way to begin to address the problems with education in this country?

Eliminate tenure at all levels.

That would help for sure but bad parents and lack of parents IMO are the biggest contributors to poor outcomes for so many students.

I'd eliminate summer vacations from public schools (two week vacation every season) add an hour a day but eliminate homework, and make high-school 5years - this would add the equivalent of four years of education.

create a free online university

payoff existing student converting them to a 2% loan

offer 2% student loans

provide free tuition and text books for careers deemed in need, contingent on maintaining a B average - this would include trades schools

oh this is awesome. The guy championing public schools, blasting charter schools in NC - which was yuge back when Purdue was in office and now hardly around... anyway. How ya gonna pay all those teachers? You blast school systems not paying teachers ... try adding this option to your local school teacher union. See what happens.

Its like you forget what you say 5 minutes ago

Seeing we've already determined that free doesn't exist how do you propose paying for this?

by selling eyes, livers, and kidneys from Trump voters or anyone who has a "don't tread on me" flag to the Chinese elite - also I heard spleen is an Asian delicacy and I'm pretty sure we know where the mother load is.

You know the best, fastest, easiest way to begin to address the problems with education in this country?

Eliminate tenure at all levels.

lol, right. our teachers are so much worse than other countries'. it's not that we have the most diverse country and therefore latinos and blacks drag down the average of whites and asians.

on an apples vs apples basis, American schools do just fine. as well as the Nordic countries or what-have-you.

lol, right. our teachers are so much worse than other countries'. it's not that we have the most diverse country and therefore latinos and blacks drag down the average of whites and asians.

on an apples vs apples basis, American schools do just fine. as well as the Nordic countries or what-have-you.

And tell me...why do you think Latinos and blacks drag down the average scores of whites?

And tell me...why do you think Latinos and blacks drag down the average scores of whites?

This is my field, and part of my masters' thesis. While bluntly put by Ozy, in a slightly unsavory way, black and Latino students tend to perform at a lower level than the white and Asian students due to two factors: higher poverty level compared to whites, and less parental emphasis on academic success compared to the Asians.

Our teachers are asked to do more in many cases than a lot of foreign teachers in part due to high childhood poverty, and a school lunch program that lacks compared to other countries. This leads to hungry kids who have trouble focusing, which leads to more ADD diagnoses. In some countries, there are 2 teachers sharing a class and team teaching with alternating parts of a lesson. This shared burden stresses the teachers out less, than solo in large part due to having a second set of eyes supervising the classroom.

Comparatively speaking, our students score about the average in Science and Reading compared to the rest of the world, and slightly below average in math according to the most recent PISA results.

This is my field, and part of my masters' thesis. While bluntly put by Ozy, in a slightly unsavory way, black and Latino students tend to perform at a lower level than the white and Asian students due to two factors: higher poverty level compared to whites, and less parental emphasis on academic success compared to the Asians.

Our teachers are asked to do more in many cases than a lot of foreign teachers in part due to high childhood poverty, and a school lunch program that lacks compared to other countries. This leads to hungry kids who have trouble focusing, which leads to more ADD diagnoses. In some countries, there are 2 teachers sharing a class and team teaching with alternating parts of a lesson. This shared burden stresses the teachers out less, than solo in large part due to having a second set of eyes supervising the classroom.

Comparatively speaking, our students score about the average in Science and Reading compared to the rest of the world, and slightly below average in math according to the most recent PISA results.

Thank you. The difference here is if I ask "What can we do about it?", you'd give a thoughtful response about each area of concern based on what you've studied and witnessed, while Ozy would suggest we kill all the blacks and Latinos.

Thank you. The difference here is if I ask "What can we do about it?", you'd give a thoughtful response about each area of concern based on what you've studied and witnessed, while Ozy would suggest we kill all the blacks and Latinos.

You don't know that justnzane wouldn't suggest killing all the blacks and Latinos, though.

But he'd be thoughtful about it, yes...

The one black guy is correct about the black community being enslaved to the Democratic machine.

Except to the extent that they are the Democratic machine. But I guess we're all sort of slaves to ourselves.

And they are free to vote for the Party of Jefferson Da...I mean the GOP if they are so inclined.

You don't know that justnzane wouldn't suggest killing all the blacks and Latinos, though.

But he'd be thoughtful about it, yes...

Well, I have stories from when I taught in Atlanta, but I wouldn't suggest killing just all blacks and Latinos. Instead:

IRTeF1X.jpg

Edited by justnzane

Except to the extent that they are the Democratic machine. But I guess we're all sort of slaves to ourselves.

And they are free to vote for the Party of Jefferson Da...I mean the GOP if they are so inclined.

:lol:

You don't know much about the history of the GOP, do you?