Shady McCoy Charlie Sheen & the curious case of the $.20 tip

An old story and I apologize if it has been covered here already, but kinda funny how a small tip connected our new RB and Hollywood's baddest bad boy.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24704777/charlie-sheen-giving-1k-to-waiter-who-got-20-cent-tip-from-lesean-mccoy

I left a penny for a server once. The server was rude, and the overall experience was horrific..

I usually tip above 20% for good service, but there is exceptions to everything.

Considering how he talked to his ex during the infamous twitter battle he had with her, and the party bus incident, rude and misogynistic behavior towards women on staff at the restaurant doesn't sound too unbelievable at all. McCoy doesn't have the greatest history as a person. Anyone expecting him to be a model citizen is going to be greatly disappointed. He always manages to find himself in the news, and it's usually for acting like a punk. Even this offseason after getting traded, he still continued to show a lot of immaturity. Really didn't do much at all to hide the fact that he hates that he was traded to the Bills.

Considering how he talked to his ex during the infamous twitter battle he had with her, and the party bus incident, rude and misogynistic behavior towards women on staff at the restaurant doesn't sound too unbelievable at all. McCoy doesn't have the greatest history as a person. Anyone expecting him to be a model citizen is going to be greatly disappointed. He always manages to find himself in the news, and it's usually for acting like a punk. Even this offseason after getting traded, he still continued to show a lot of immaturity. Really didn't do much at all to hide the fact that he hates that he was traded to the Bills.

Really? Where's your proof of this?

Seriously? Read the papers much? He was shocked and not happy to find out he was traded.

Any player who isn't requesting a trade is typically shocked and probably a little unhappy. The post I commented on said he was unhappy he was traded to the Bills. Yes he made comments about being shocked he was traded, but not once did I hear him complain about the fact he was traded to the Bills.

He was upset that he was traded from where he lived pretty much his entire life, not necessarily that he was traded to Buffalo.

this.

I remember when this happened a while back. The original article suggested Shady and his boys were being obnoxious and rude to the staff. The owner came out with a statement defending his employee for posting the receipt online. At the time this really turned me off to McCoy.

"He and his group, from the moment they sat down, were verbally abusive to our staff in the most insulting ways. The derogatory statements about women and their sheer contempt for the staff serving them wasn’t the end"

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/09/eagles-nfl-lesean-mccoy-tip-restaurant-response

Whether it was justified, or not, I would take McCoy at his word that he felt that he had gotten bad service, or had been disrespected in some way. No one tips 20¢ just to be a douche.

That being said, he kinda seems like a douche.

There is no way McCoy walked into a restaurant in Philly and became the victim of bad service...Unless the employee was from Dallas...there is NO WAY.

IT IS MORE PROBABLE THAN NOT that McCoy and friends were, like the owner said, verbally abusive and insulting and naturally that didn't get a great response from the employees which probably upset McCoy and his boys...because you know...they are rich so they can do what they want, right?...I think that's how it works.

I'm too big on character. I would be a bad owner.

Restaurants should pay fair wages. We shouldn't have to tip in the first place

I always thought the same but isn't one of the theories that service would be terrible if it were decent hourly wages, giving the servers not as much incentive to do their jobs?

There is no way McCoy walked into a restaurant in Philly and became the victim of bad service...Unless the employee was from Dallas...there is NO WAY.

IT IS MORE PROBABLE THAN NOT that McCoy and friends were, like the owner said, verbally abusive and insulting and naturally that didn't get a great response from the employees which probably upset McCoy and his boys...because you know...they are rich so they can do what they want, right?...I think that's how it works.

I'm too big on character. I would be a bad owner.

No idea what happened . . . obviously . . . but imo good service would include getting to enjoy your meal in relative peace. I would imagine that isn't the case quite often.

I usually tip about 10% for really poor service and 25 to 30% for really good service.

If you give me bad service, there's a penalty. But not as harsh as what Shady did.

Nonetheless, you can't judge the guy by one bad tip. This is just one moment in the big totality of his life.

Is there a pattern here?

Whether it was justified, or not, I would take McCoy at his word that he felt that he had gotten bad service, or had been disrespected in some way. No one tips 20¢ just to be a douche.

That being said, he kinda seems like a douche.

I think a lot of people tip 20 cents just to be a douche.

I also think a lot of people think a waiter is supposed to be some kind of slave and if they don't grovel enough don't deserve any tip.

I think the craziest part of the story is that Charlie Sheen, of all people, is the one that put up the $1,000 to make it right. How often is Charlie Sheen considered the voice of reason in a scenario?

From first hand knowledge (from someone I know that works on his sitcom) Charlie Sheen is no angel......probably far worse then McCoy

WHich makes this thing all the more curious