This Sandra Bland thing

bbb

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The contempt for the loss of a life in this thread is stupefying....are all of you truly that bitter and disillusioned?

Your misinterpretation of posters viewpoints , through your own little bias filter is what is stupefying.

actually it isn't, no one expects anything else.

The contempt for the loss of a life in this thread is stupefying....are all of you truly that bitter and disillusioned?

Don't confuse contempt for loss of life with contempt for people too stupid to just STFU and do as they're asked when an officer pulls them over.

Edited by LABillzFan

Don't confuse contempt for loss of life with contempt for people too stupid to just STFU and do as they're asked when an officer pulls them over.

I don't know about this. I'd get a little pissed off to if a cop went off on me like that for failure to signal and demanding I put out a cigarette. Dude lost it and someone like that is 100% in the wrong profession.

I don't know about this. I'd get a little pissed off to if a cop went off on me like that for failure to signal and demanding I put out a cigarette. Dude lost it and someone like that is 100% in the wrong profession.

And yet I'd be willing to bet you're still not stupid enough to start mouthing off to the cop.

FWIW:

Ava DuVernay, director of the 2014 film “Selma,” thinks someone has altered the dashboard video of the arrest of Sandra Bland, a 28-year-old African American woman who allegedly committed suicide in a Texas jail after being arrested during a traffic stop on July 10. She tweeted last night:

pnoDm2Yj_normal.jpg Ava DuVernay

@AVAETC

I edit footage for a living. But anyone can see that this official video has been cut. Read/watch. Why? #SandraBland http://bennorton.com/dashcam-video-of-violent-arrest-of-sandra-bland-was-edited/

And moreso, contempt for the hordes of idiots who immediately jump on every one of these bandwagons screaming about 'justice' before they have any idea what really happened. So please forgive those of us who are a little tired of all the bullsh--, lies and manipulations that we got with Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, etc. etc. I can't begin to imagine the outcry from the usual suspects if Bernie Goetz had the audacity to defend himself from subway muggers in 2015.

Agreed.

I haven't really commented on this whole thing, because I haven't seen enough to form any real opinions... but that guy was in the wrong from the start, he needs to de-escalate the situation.

And yet I'd be willing to bet you're still not stupid enough to start mouthing off to the cop.

There is zero guarantee of that. Depends on how much I've had to drink when he pulled me over. :devil:

But seriously I don't know how I'd react with a cop treating me like that for such a small infraction. Yelling at me to get out of the car for not putting out a smoke. It's my !@#$ing car and I can smoke in it if I want. Cops are out of control

From what I've heard of this case (which isn't much) it sounds like the cop overstepped his bounds. But if she really committed suicide it's hard to put her death on the cops without some extreme extenuating circumstances.

Agreed. I can't imagine what they could have done to her to cause her to kill herself.

Agreed.

I haven't really commented on this whole thing, because I haven't seen enough to form any real opinions... but that guy was in the wrong from the start, he needs to de-escalate the situation.

Seriously?

Cops are in a crappy situation. They let their guard down, they can get shot in the face.

Why she felt the need to go off about putting out a cigarette is beyond me. Cop pulls me over, I'm "yes sir, no sir" till that encounter is done.

I never mouth off to the police, but I rarely get stopped for anything (4 times in my whole life). If I still smoked, and a cop who had pulled me over told me to put out my cigarette, I'd have something to say about that too. The officer in question was way too heavy-handed in dealing with Bland, but she should have seen where this was heading and at least tried to mitigate her response somewhat - if a cop is being a jerk, they're not going to back off if you give them a hard time. Only an idiot does that. Still, this case is particularly disturbing because it somehow resulted in Bland's death, presumably a suicide. From what they're reporting locally, the Texas Rangers are investigating this, and they have a reputation for being both thorough and tenacious. I'm confident that if there was any foul play involved in Bland's death, they will uncover it.

Each traffic stop can be different......................it doesn't excuse bad behavior from the police, or the motorist

Last night in California

A police officer was shot and killed earlier this morning during a traffic stop in the town of Hayward, Calif. According to witnesses, the unidentified officer was

shot in the back“:

An officer was killed in an early Wednesday morning shootout following a traffic stop in Hayward, according to KRON 4 sources.

The incident happened at about 3:15 a.m. at the intersection of Myrtle and Lion Streets.

Witnesses say the officer was shot in the back.

A suspect in the shooting has been arrested:

Edited by B-Man