Iran Nuclear Deal Reached

Nice deal. If you're Iran.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2015/07/28/flood-cash-iran-dwarfs-marshall-plan-column/30743947/

It is that the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), as the agreement is formally known, is designed to serve as nothing less than a Marshall Plan for the worlds leading state sponsor of terrorism.

This may sound like an exaggeration, but it most assuredly is not. Under the terms of the JCPOA, later this year (or early in 2016), once the United Nations nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency, verifies that Iran has divulged the requisite details of its military-related nuclear work, the U.S. and other nations will begin unblocking $100 billion or more in frozen Iranian oil revenue. Up until now, those funds have been locked in escrow accounts in China, South Korea and elsewhere. But, once green-lighted by the UN, they will be quickly released and rapidly repatriated to the Islamic Republic.

Haven't read the text of the deal but I'm sure it prohibits Iran from any further support of terrorist groups or aggressions toward countries like Israel. After all, you wouldn't negotiate a deal to give back what is being held unless the other party agrees to cease the activities which caused the sanctions to be invoked in the first place, right?

Haven't read the text of the deal but I'm sure it prohibits Iran from any further support of terrorist groups or aggressions toward countries like Israel. After all, you wouldn't negotiate a deal to give back what is being held unless the other party agrees to cease the activities which caused the sanctions to be invoked in the first place, right?

Good one.

Obama Administration Enlists Celebrities to Promote Iran Deal

The Obama administration has released this YouTube video, starring Morgan Freeman–the only participant I recognize–and other people who apparently are famous, including Queen Noor, to sell the Iran deal. What is their argument? There isn’t an argument, exactly, just an assertion that if the deal isn’t approved, we will all die in a nuclear war. All right then! Where can I write to my Congressman?

Here it is: VIDEO AT LINK

This approach might be too dumb to have any impact, but you never know: at the moment, the Democrats’ Army of the Ignorant is the most powerful force in American politics. The only good news I can offer is that so far, the YouTube video has only 29,000 views. Maybe even the ignorant have caught on. More likely, they just aren’t paying attention.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/08/obama-administration-enlists-celebrities-to-promote-iran-deal.php

The Obama administration has released this YouTube video, starring Morgan Freeman–the only participant I recognize–and other people who apparently are famous, including Queen Noor, to sell the Iran deal. What is their argument? There isn’t an argument, exactly, just an assertion that if the deal isn’t approved, we will all die in a nuclear war. All right then! Where can I write to my Congressman?

This approach might be too dumb to have any impact, but you never know: at the moment, the Democrats’ Army of the Ignorant is the most powerful force in American politics. The only good news I can offer is that so far, the YouTube video has only 29,000 views. Maybe even the ignorant have caught on. More likely, they just aren’t paying attention.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/08/obama-administration-enlists-celebrities-to-promote-iran-deal.php

They are ignorant for a reason.

Ugh I remember the last time Obama enlisted the help of Hollywood. It took a year or two before I could find 22 for under a nickel or 556 for under a quarter per round

I'm really disappointed Morgan Freeman isn't an Uncle Tom. I would've bet good money otherwise.

He so often plays an old, wise black man on film, I just figured he was one in real life.

On the other hand, I'm now more impressed with his acting skills. Maybe that's the point of this video for him. He's trying to say, "I don't just play myself on screen all the time."

I'm really disappointed Morgan Freeman isn't an Uncle Tom. I would've bet good money otherwise.

He so often plays an old, wise black man on film, I just figured he was one in real life.

On the other hand, I'm now more impressed with his acting skills. Maybe that's the point of this video for him. He's trying to say, "I don't just play myself on screen all the time."

You're surprised? He got his start on a commie show for kids.

With the word out that Schumer may not be backing the deal and then THIS

Americans aren’t thrilled about the nuclear deal with Iran, according to a new poll.

Voters disapproved of the nuclear pact 2-to-1. The majority of Americans, 58 to 30 percent, believe the deal will make America less safe, according to a new Quinnipiac poll out Monday.

“There’s not a lot of love for the proposed nuclear deal with Iran. Only a bare majority of Democrats support the pact,” Quinnipiac University Poll assistant director Tim Malloy said in a statement.

Maybe the chances of it becoming veto proof might not be as bad as I had thought. Of course, it's a bad deal on so many levels, the question is will the D's side with Obama out of loyalty or will they just say "Hey B.O, we like you and all but we are still planning on staying while you are out on the golf course somewhere in Hawaii!"

Maybe the chances of it becoming veto proof might not be as bad as I had thought.

I want to believe this, but after Obama went after Menendez, I doubt it will ever happen. In lieu of any ability to discuss and convince, Barry just uses all the powers afforded to him to threaten and shutdown, and it's probably not worth the personal destruction that comes with disagreeing with him.

So Obama is giving a speech about the Iran deal, and the two things you need to know is (1) if the deal doesn't get approved, it will result in war and (2) the unfrozen cash will definitely go to fund terrorist acts against the US.

But otherwise, how can you not love this deal, American? You must. Because if you don't, we're going to war.

It's like our country is being led by a tennis-playing toe fungus.

And this: "Just because Iranian hardliners chant 'Death to America' does not mean that's what all Iranians believe."

Edited by LABillzFan

It's like he lives in some sort of alternate universe, where up is down, black is white and bad is good.

"I know it's easy to play on people's fears" says the guy who warned that a rejection of the deal will lead us to war.

Meanwhile, during the speech, CNN reports that Iranian ships were pointing their guns at US helicopters just two weeks ago.z