bills game day traffic needs to change.

Howard

My wife and i always go to the McKinley mall to walk on sundays. It gives us a chance to walk one mile walk around the mall. I see my friends there like Pete, Mort and Ray and Shirl usually gets to browse the specials for my son's kids birthdays (Roger had 4 kids all with a birthday in October).

We leave the mall at 11:30am and then we drive up McKinley to southwestern boulevard so we can get to Ted's for a hotdog. Howard is with us on some days so he usually gets a burger when we are done.

But the traffic is outrageous. Why should we wait in traffic for these knuckleheads with flags all over their vans to get ahead of us on Southwesterm. We want to get to Teds and they are weaving in and out of traffic around us. They should redraw the traffic route to include abbott as the main entry and leave southwestern open for people that need to get places and then get home to watch the game.

It really bugs me how it screws up our day every sunday.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and i always go to the McKinley mall to walk on sundays. It gives us a chance to walk one mile walk around the mall. I see my friends there like Pete, Mort and Ray and Shirl usually gets to browse the specials for my son's kids birthdays (Roger had 4 kids all with a birthday in October).

We leave the mall at 11:30am and then we drive up McKinley to southwestern boulevard so we can get to Ted's for a hotdog. Howard is with us on some days so he usually gets a burger when we are done.

But the traffic is outrageous. Why should we wait in traffic for these knuckleheads with flags all over their vans to get ahead of us on Southwesterm. We want to get to Teds and they are weaving in and out of traffic around us. They should redraw the traffic route to include abbott as the main entry and leave southwestern open for people that need to get places and then get home to watch the game.

Won the internet already.

Walk the Boulevard Mall, then go to the Ted's on Niagara Falls Blvd.!

Too far we can only walk one mile or so walking to the Boulevard mall would be about 25 miles.

Edited by Howard

Wait, I'm missing a home Bills game 44 Sundays a year?

zonab If you planned your autumn sundays out like we do you would be upset. why don't you drive down the 219 and take abbott to the stadium. You end up making me late for lunch and then I get home late to watch the game. I don't need your brand of advise here. I just want the traffic patterns changed.

The mall doesn't open till 11 on Sunday doofus. No way do you walk a mile, piss 4 times, visit with your friends and shop between 11-11:30.

You should walk the stadium lots instead for exercise.

Side benefits include:

1) You could collect cans for returns which would be a good supplement to your retirement benefits from the postal service.

2) There is a very good chance the friendly Bills tailgaters will offer you free food and everyone knows there is nothing a retiree likes more than a free meal.

3) You would get to relive your old postal delivery days by socializing with groups as you stop to collect their empties.

It's nothing but a big win for you, just like the big W W 2 from your youth.

SWAT What some of these kids don't seem to realize is I used to walk up to nine miles a day when I'd cover Jim Franklin's route and mine on the same day in the 70's. So now people like beerball and others think I can't handle a one mile walk in a cool shopping mall. We get done at 11:30 so they think I'm still walking which means they can't count very good. Thanks for the vote of confidense.

and the guy who suggested I walk the stadium I can't because Howard gets thirsty and we need to get him home. Shirl doesn't like talking with the young guys on game day because they drink too much so we go home and make whiskey sours at kickoff which leads me back to the fact that I am late because of all the damn traffic on southwestern

It is nice to see someone filling the void that Crayonz, Sammy, Carl, and the Googlebot left...

Next thing you know, we will be talking about how it is best for the Bills that they lose their games to NFC opponents because it will help them in tiebreaker situations.

okay, but seriously . . . when, in a free country, do 70,000 people change something for the sake of 2 or 4?

And you can spend ur time and energy coming up with a new tradition. Like grilling your own dogs, or ordering delivery from a place in the opposite direction from traffic.

And, its only 8-10 sundays out of 52. The needs of the many . . . .

(and this is me appreciating the least likely post to turn into an EJ post before 5 pages in a long long time. :beer: )

simple solution: convince Ted's to open 2nd location in McKinley Mall.

Mad den boy. I've paid my dues. I've delivered the pennysaver and Coupon books to you and your ancestors for years. Should we change the traffic patterns for me, Shirl and Howard? You bet your ass we should because there's a perfectly good root through Abbott rd and over by that development There are others around who agree with me here.