My open letter to you all

I know I posted this last year but I wanted to post it again for new members and with all the new excitement surrounding our team this year...

Like many others I’m sure, my father raised me as a Bills fan and it is one of the best things that has happened to me (besides the birth of my daughter and marrying my wife)

It is one of my fathers and mines closest bonds and still is to this day. Every day we talk about the Bills and what we think needs to be done with the team or the latest rumors we hear. I tell him that I get all my sources from this message board. You all are great. I rarely need to check Twitter or Google anything because I know that someone will have posted something on here first and it holds true 100% of the time. This board is truly amazing and I feel honored to be a member and fellow poster.

Looking back through all the years I have come to realize that many of many of my happiest memories come from the Bills. Especially going to the Ralph.

Being from Toronto and now living in Hamilton, we don’t get to experience the level of fun, excitement, and comradery that one experiences going to Bills games in Buffalo.

I always get to the stadium early around 8am, just to take everything in. I stop at the duty free where friendly nods are exchanged with other Canadians wearing Bills jersey’s and shakes of the head are exchanged at fellow stupid Canadians who are wearing the jersey of a team who isn’t even playing.

I pull in to the parking lot and as soon as I open my car door I am greeted with everything I have been looking forward to since I bought my tickets in the summer.

I see all my fellow Bills fans and just feel at home. I hear the sounds of chatter, laughter and sports radio talk as fans tailgate with their trunk open and the radio on. I get to see special moments happen in front of me such as a father tossing around the football with his son. I also am greeted with the wonderful smell of tailgating. Oh what a smell. It’s just too perfect. I always tell people who never have been to a Bills game in Buffalo that the game itself is just one part of the experience and that the hours before the game are just as special.

I can not tell you all how happy I am that the Pegula's ended the Toronto series. I hated it so much. More than a fat kid hates a diet. Those who know me on here know how much I loathed that series and actually had an old avatar showing my protest against it. Bills football belongs in Buffalo no question about it just like the NFL belongs in the USA.

I have been going to Bills games for the past 28 years and there has never been a time that I remember where I was made fun of for being Canadian. In fact, I sometimes get thanks for my countries strong beer lol

I just wanted to thank all of you for playing a part in some of my best memories and for being the main reason why Bills fans are among the most passionate and best fans in the world and for the great feeling that we are all part of one enormous family.

Go BIlls!!!!!!!

And.....

I love you all so much!!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: (for the shoutbox people)

From your Canadian Bills Fan

CBF

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice prose describing the initial take in of the tailgating scene. For a moment I could actually smell the charcoal and lighter fluid.

:beer::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks man!

One of the best smells ever.

Now anytime I smell someones bbq I say to my wife with a smile "smells like a Bills game"

CBF

Excellent post!

I have struggled with whether I should try to indoctrinate my small children in the ways of the Bills when they get older, or let them choose for themselves (likely Steelers, since that's where we now live). I think you make a compelling case for the family bond over the Bills, even that means years (decades) of hard times.

You must indoctrinate them.

Start by having them watch "The Comeback " over and over.

I'm new to this forum. Seems like a nice place to converse with fellow Bills fans and have intelligent conversations.

I've grown to enjoy being part of a multi-cultural fanbase that shares a team representing the regions of two separate countries. You don't see it too often - Seahawks have the Vancouver area, Chargers have the Tijuana-Mexico area, not sure about Packers, Vikings, Lions - but it's fun to interact with Canadians before and during home games.

Excellent post!

I have struggled with whether I should try to indoctrinate my small children in the ways of the Bills when they get older, or let them choose for themselves (likely Steelers, since that's where we now live). I think you make a compelling case for the family bond over the Bills, even that means years (decades) of hard times.

Haha I often wonder how I will go about this...I live in Boston :sick:

you attention hog

go U S EH !!!!!

I know I posted this last year but I wanted to post it again for new members and with all the new excitement surrounding our team this year...

I love you all so much!!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: (for the shoutbox people)

From your Canadian Bills Fan
CBF

Ah but the comeback actually wasn't one because Steve Tasker CLEARLY stepped out of bounds before his touchdown.

U mean Don Beebe?

Excellent post!

Buffalo Bills football or BUST my friend!!