Teens Fleeing Religion at Record Pace

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Islam doesn't have this problem because Islam practices death for apostasy.

Without death for apostasy in Islam, Islam would collapse because most every Muslim would leave Islam.

Most Muslims would leave Islam if they could because they probably know that Islam's founder Muhammad was a lying, suicidal, false Abrahamic Prophet of God and that Islam really isn't a religion, it's an apostate murdering death cult.

Is anyone surprised that the most pampered, protected and babied generation in the history of forever finds it easier to believe God doesn't exist?

grandpa.

Lemme guess you got some kids on your lawn. :P

Just because they don't go to church doesn't mean they don't believe in God. Church and God really have little to do with each other.

Your last sentence is becoming more apparent with each passing decade. Folks are waking up, realizing true spirituality comes from within, not from following rules written by men claiming to be speaking for God/ the universe / higher power.

Is anyone surprised that the most pampered, protected and babied generation in the history of forever finds it easier to believe God doesn't exist?

People usually find Religion when times are tough. The millenials biggest concern is dealing with periodic Global Warming apocalypse predictions.

Folks are waking up, realizing true spirituality comes from within, not from following rules written by men claiming to be speaking for God/ the universe / higher power.

People aren't waking up. They're napping. Have a couple of planes fly into buildings again and watch people jump from thirty stories because it's their best option at the time, and let's take another poll.

Just because they don't go to church doesn't mean they don't believe in God. Church and God really have little to do with each other.

Your last sentence is becoming more apparent with each passing decade. Folks are waking up, realizing true spirituality comes from within, not from following rules written by men claiming to be speaking for God/ the universe / higher power.

Except that church is where most people in the western world learn about God as being something more than an abstract notion. We may not agree with how church portrays God, but church is where most in our society go to learn about or to find Him.

Spirituality, like faith, is inspired - it doesn't exist on it's own within us. The desire to search for spirituality exists in all of us to one extent or another, but humanity has always needed to either discover or create that inspiration before spirituality can be attained.

Although I'm not a very religious person, I was raised attending a protestant church most Sundays. While I never took the lessons taught in Sunday school literally, the morals learned there have been a positive influence in helping guide me through all the ups & downs in my life, and although church is certainly not the only place those values can be learned, it's been a source of spiritual inspiration for many people for many years.

Although I'm not a very religious person, I was raised attending a protestant church most Sundays. While I never took the lessons taught in Sunday school literally, the morals learned there have been a positive influence in helping guide me through all the ups & downs in my life, and although church is certainly not the only place those values can be learned, it's been a source of spiritual inspiration for many people for many years.

That right there is one of the best arguments for having religion in your life beyond just spirituality. The lessons and the community activities that many churches offer are rock solid and make us better people.

I challenge you to rethink this statement, assuming you weren't making a joke.

Sorry TYTT, just a humorous attempt.

Try this one ......................

How do you make someone mad ?

To make a Conservative mad.............tell him a lie

To make a Liberal mad.......................tell him the truth.

B-)

Sorry TYTT, just a humorous attempt.

Try this one ......................

How do you make someone mad ?

To make a Conservative mad.............tell him a lie

To make a Liberal mad.......................tell him the truth.

B-)

Wow, and I thought former performer nailed it.