Joe B. predicts the 53 for week 1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the politics of cutting Boobie. Whaley brought in both Dixon and Brown. I get that we paid more for Brown, but I don't think that means Whaley is more beholden to him than Dixon.

EDIT: I also don't understand why people think Dez Lewis will make the team with how loaded we are WR right now. He has been hurt so far, and is a rookie. Stash Lewis on the PS, and I would be very surprised to see anyone take him. Then if Harvin acts up you can bring him up, but right now I think Goodwin has to be in.

Edited by YattaOkasan

I don't understand the politics of cutting Boobie. Whaley brought in both Dixon and Brown. I get that we paid more for Brown, but I don't think that means Whaley is more beholden to him than Dixon.

Why do you consider it to be politics?

I think Brown is just a better RB than Boobie. They also just drafted a guy with Boobie's skill set.

I think Brown is just a better RB than Boobie. They also just drafted a guy with Boobie's skill set.

I've heard it referred to as politics which is I framed it that way.

I do think the coaching staff is higher on Dixon, and I honestly prefer him as well. I do understand the argument against him; it just seems that most of it lies in that Brown is Whaley's guy.

Dixon averaged 4.1 ypc to Brown's 3.5. The Brown hype is unreal. Dude has had like 4 good games since high school.

Dixon plays STs as well. I think he makes the team.

Dixon averaged 4.1 ypc to Brown's 3.5. The Brown hype is unreal. Dude has had like 4 good games since high school.

Dixon plays STs as well. I think he makes the team.

I think Dixon's skill set, running style, and situations he was used in helped.

Fred and Spiller only averaged 3.7 and 3.8. I don't think Dixon is better than them, either.

You would think Roman wants Dixon.

I think Goodwin stays & Lewis gets cut. If he clears waivers then he's on Practice Squad.

I agree. But Goodwin has to actually do something. If he is just a smaller, more injury-prone, less talented alternative to Percy Harvin as a deep threat and a KR, then he could be in danger.

That said, I think Lewis can safely be stashed on the practice squad. He is a 7th round pick that went to Central Arkansas.

I think Dixon's skill set, running style, and situations he was used in helped.

Fred and Spiller only averaged 3.7 and 3.8. I don't think Dixon is better than them, either.

SO Brown was the worst one. It's been all hype with him. His ypc has gone down every year. He needs to be amazing in preseason to keep his job.

And Boobie was the best if you're basing your opinion on one stat.

Spiller is no longer here. Jackson and Boobie were better than Brown. Really not that hard. I've never seen a player get so much support who has accomplished so little. His stats have gone down every year. Brown isn't that good and he doesn't play STs.