Q&A: Confident EJ Manuel builds on adversity of 2014

http://blogs.canoe.com/krykslants/nfl/q-and-a-confident-ej-manuel-builds-on-adversity-of-2014/

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. If EJ Manuel can throw passes in training camp as precisely and authoritatively as he did in Thursdays last spring practice, then know this.

The Buffalo Bills have found their quarterback for 2015.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"People can say what they want, but they don’t know the kind of work I’ve put in to help myself get prepared for this."

Man, this is why I love EJ. I've had confidence in him since the beginning, because in my own life in trying to improve at things, it takes time. It's the hardest thing to learn and accept. Yeah, everyone wants to be a wunderkind, but that's just not the reality. I'm sure Tyrod and Cassell work hard as well, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if EJ has been doing more work and study than any other QB prospect in the league the last few years.

I'm perfectly fine with naming him the starter for the whole season because 1 of 3 things will happen:

-He'll play good

-He'll play bad and we can finally move on from him

-He'll get hurt again, we can label him "injury prone" and finally move on from him

I've gotta stop listening to Schopp on my way home from work. I'm on the EJ optimism train, and he just keeps trying to derail it. Saying that it's obvious Rex doesn't like EJ because of his comments yesterday and that they probably aren't really even considering him. That EJ would have to be loads better. I know Schopp is full of crap, and yet, I let a little doubt creep in.

I've gotta stop listening to Schopp on my way home from work. I'm on the EJ optimism train, and he just keeps trying to derail it. Saying that it's obvious Rex doesn't like EJ because of his comments yesterday and that they probably aren't really even considering him. That EJ would have to be loads better. I know Schopp is full of crap, and yet, I let a little doubt creep in.

Don't worry, things will start to work themselves out in 6 weeks when they start wearing pads.

They like to take what Rex has said and spin it, it's easy and it generates clicks. Look how Rex reacted to Taylor having a good day on Tuesday. Was he excited? Did he talk up Taylor? Nope. And he was asked specifically, by Sal, about Taylor's play. He carried on saying what he has always said, "Someone will earn the job" "We might not have the elite of the elite..." "Competition brings out the best in them" etc. Never mentioned Taylor having a good day specifically, talked about the QB's as a group.

But because he didn't comment on EJ, when EJ had a good practice, it obviously means he doesn't like him. He must not like Taylor either because he didn't talk him up after Tuesdays good day.

They like to take what Rex has said and spin it, it's easy and it generates clicks. Look how Rex reacted to Taylor having a good day on Tuesday. Was he excited? Did he talk up Taylor? Nope. And he was asked specifically, by Sal, about Taylor's play. He carried on saying what he has always said, "Someone will earn the job" "We might not have the elite of the elite..." "Competition brings out the best in them" etc. Never mentioned Taylor having a good day specifically, talked about the QB's as a group.

But because he didn't comment on EJ, when EJ had a good practice, it obviously means he doesn't like him. He must not like Taylor either because he didn't talk him up after Tuesdays good day.

It's just a case of confirmation bias for dope and the lapdog.

If you want good information on collecting cards, food drafts, and tennis, Schoop is amazing. But for every other sport, he is a joke. He has to be the worst primetime sports host in a city that has a NFL team.

I'm perfectly fine with naming him the starter for the whole season because 1 of 3 things will happen:

-He'll play good

-He'll play bad and we can finally move on from him

-He'll get hurt again, we can label him "injury prone" and finally move on from him

You're not a career-minded GM, HC, assistant, or a veteran player trying to win now though. This isn't just about EJ. It's about getting a team into the playoffs and QB play remains the big question mark.

If it makes people feel good to say the guy's working hard, so be it. But at this point I've heard a lot of that and there aren't results when the real snaps are taken.

And I really don't care if I'm labeled a "hater" because that's what those who can't debate will say in the face of skepticism about a player who hasn't been consistent.

You're not a career-minded GM, HC, assistant, or a veteran player trying to win now though. This isn't just about EJ. It's about getting a team into the playoffs and QB play remains the big question mark.

If it makes people feel good to say the guy's working hard, so be it. But at this point I've heard a lot of that and there aren't results when the real snaps are taken.

And I really don't care if I'm labeled a "hater" because that's what those who can't debate will say in the face of skepticism about a player who hasn't been consistent.

I think a hater is someone who seems like they are rooting for the guy to fail. It's ok to be skeptical. I'm just a patient person in general and can't stand people who want to be the first to year bust. It is a big transition from college to the NFL. Especially for a QB. Year 3 is the year where you can see if a player is trending. So this is a huge year for EJ and hopefully, the light is turning on for him.