Could the 2015 Bills start a trend?

I do wonder if your sole purpose on this board is to try and piss on any positive thing posted by anyone.

Seriously

If someone thinks a player might actually be good.....you find a way to say they might not be.

He was the only WR in history that made first team all-american as a true freshman. That accomplishment spans not one generation, but multiple...since 1889. No WR ever did it before him and no WR has done it yet since.

Generational talent.

It speaks to his ability in every facet of the game, not just the physical aspect. Now in the NFL, he hasn't shown anything that would make anyone doubt he'll be a great pro. He produced no matter who was at QB.

It's ok. You can be excited about that. Nobody will think less of you.

Look, I am happy we traded up to take Sammy--said so when we did. I just don't need to make him something he isn't yet and may not be--he may not even be the best WR drafted in 2014. He's one of a bunch of guys who are hopeful young WR talents to enter the league the past few years. Be happy with that--no need to go overboard to feel better.

And going back to his freshman year to claim he's a once in a generation ("generational") talent is a silly stretch to make your point. Come on!

Edited by Mr. WEO

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I am happy we traded up to take Sammy--said so when we did. I just don't need to make him something he isn't yet and may not be--he may not even be the best WR drafted in 2014. He's one of a bunch of guys who are hopeful young WR talents to enter the league the past few years. Be happy with that--no need to go overboard to feel better.

And going back to his freshman year to claim he's a once in a generation ("generational") talent is a silly stretch to make your point. Come on!

I will do whatever I want to make myself feel better about being a bills fan!

:)

He was the only WR in history that made first team all-american as a true freshman. That accomplishment spans not one generation, but multiple...since 1889. No WR ever did it before him and no WR has done it yet since.

Generational talent.

It speaks to his ability in every facet of the game, not just the physical aspect. Now in the NFL, he hasn't shown anything that would make anyone doubt he'll be a great pro. He produced no matter who was at QB.

It's ok. You can be excited about that. Nobody will think less of you.

I'm excited as well for Sammy as he was hurt three times that would slow anyone up and could cause some WR to avoid the big hits given that pain, and he hit people head on when he needed the tough yards. That tells me he is one tough player along with elusive. If he remains healthy this year, he is going to have a great year.

As far as new trend, I'm not sure as what you describe was the Vikings under Favre, the Seahawks the last two years, the Bucs in 02, the Ravens as pointed out in 09, and in 99. My point is we get so enamored with the Packers and teams if this nature, and really several teams make it deep with an incredible defense and a running game. Yes, we had Backs,must not sound line play since Levitre left.

All four guys who made first team all-american as true freshmen became great pros. Long careers and pro bowls. Just because it happened in college doesn't make it unimportant.

It's silly for you to say he's not great pro yet. He already is, man. Sounds like you just need to see the raw stats before making a conclusion. That's fine. They'll come.

All four guys who made first team all-american as true freshmen became great pros. Long careers and pro bowls. Just because it happened in college doesn't make it unimportant.

It's silly for you to say he's not great pro yet. He already is, man. Sounds like you just need to see the raw stats before making a conclusion. That's fine. They'll come.

Hey, man, I need more than a rookie season to declare a kid a "great pro". Sorry.

Hey, man, I need more than a rookie season to declare a kid a "great pro". Sorry.

You need more than rookie season *stats*.

That's fine, though. That's the way it is for a lot of fans. You'll be calling him a great pro soon enough.

Two of the best RBs in the league were traded/let walk from their last teams. Connor and Felton will bounce around the league for a few more years.

The Bills were 2nd in the league in rushing with a pretty good defense 2 years ago and they still couldn't win.

I don't think they have invented anything....

2 years ago we couldn't stop the run. last year we stopped the run.

2 years ago we had a good run game. last year we had no run game.

If we can get a season where we stop the run and run the ball well, we will win 10+ games.

With that said, I think this trend started with San Fran and Seattle. Wilson is a nice QB, much better than what we have. But he is barely a top 15 QB in my opinion. And Alex Smith and Colin Kaep are pretty good, but they aren't what I would call great. But they won by playing good defense and running the ball. This is caused by QBs coming out of college that just are not the same. Once all the elite QBs retire (manning, brady, brees) the only dominant QBs left would be Rodgers and Luck. Rivers and Big Ben are up there, but they are nearing their end too. None of these younger QBs are impressive aside from luck and rodgers. I see the game changing unless some of these young QBs start turning some heads.

I think most would categorize the 2015 Buffalo Bills as a team without a QB - meaning a "franchise QB" or in other words having one that has proven they can consistently be relied on to win games. Clearly we understand what they're doing - they attempting to win with a strong defense and running game.

It's a passing league, right? The league has clearly embraced this trend in many ways by protecting QB's and defenseless receivers. Just to be clear I'm not necessarily speaking against any of that. But the rules, height of receivers, coordinators mindsets, etc have created this pass and how to stop it phenomenon.

Not a whole lot has changed in terms of opportunity to run the ball. Maybe in the midst of conceding to not having a QB a new trend is about to start. Maybe teams will find out through the 2015 Bills that it's actually not prudent to keep looking for a franchise QB or even pay one if you do get one. We've seen the diminished importance of paying RB's and not too long ago teams spent a lot of resources trying to find a running back, then they just stopped. We've seen teams with franchise QB's that have had to pay a huge salary to that QB - to only watch their teams fall apart.

I think it's possible the Bills are creating not only another way to win - but THE new way to win. Stop the teams that have built around their QB and destroy the teams without one because that's all they've tried to do. Remember when the team that had the ball the most usually won the game (time of possession)? I think we'll do that too. In my opinion teams that throw the ball will be the only ones with a chance to beat us and that's going to be an uphill battle. I think we're going to create panic because they'll start to figure out it's going to be a while until they see the ball again.

Am I delusional? Or do the non national headline signings like Felton and Connor once again become the way to win in the NFL?

I would say Seattle started the trend but the still have a QB that can make plays

I think most would categorize the 2015 Buffalo Bills as a team without a QB - meaning a "franchise QB" or in other words having one that has proven they can consistently be relied on to win games. Clearly we understand what they're doing - they attempting to win with a strong defense and running game.

It's a passing league, right? The league has clearly embraced this trend in many ways by protecting QB's and defenseless receivers. Just to be clear I'm not necessarily speaking against any of that. But the rules, height of receivers, coordinators mindsets, etc have created this pass and how to stop it phenomenon.

Not a whole lot has changed in terms of opportunity to run the ball. Maybe in the midst of conceding to not having a QB a new trend is about to start. Maybe teams will find out through the 2015 Bills that it's actually not prudent to keep looking for a franchise QB or even pay one if you do get one. We've seen the diminished importance of paying RB's and not too long ago teams spent a lot of resources trying to find a running back, then they just stopped. We've seen teams with franchise QB's that have had to pay a huge salary to that QB - to only watch their teams fall apart.

I think it's possible the Bills are creating not only another way to win - but THE new way to win. Stop the teams that have built around their QB and destroy the teams without one because that's all they've tried to do. Remember when the team that had the ball the most usually won the game (time of possession)? I think we'll do that too. In my opinion teams that throw the ball will be the only ones with a chance to beat us and that's going to be an uphill battle. I think we're going to create panic because they'll start to figure out it's going to be a while until they see the ball again.

Am I delusional? Or do the non national headline signings like Felton and Connor once again become the way to win in the NFL?

Dude, quit beer bonging the Kool Aid. The Bills are trying to win the only way possible without a quality QB. It's exactly the way other teams without quality at QB try to win - running the ball and defense. There's nothing new here. Nothing. They aren't breaking any new ground. They aren't outsmarting the league. They are going the only route they can. And don't for a minute think the Bills have stopped looking for an upgrade at QB.