Shady makes me shady

I was aware of his talent as well as the Shady nickname, I just wasn't aware how bad the Shady was. As each day elapses without his talent making up for his ridiculous comments its very hard finding any reason to like him. First he was sour on going to Buffalo, get it, that's fine. I actually liked the fact that he felt a bit scorned, figured it would be more fuel for the fire this year. As time progressed it seemed like every time he spoke he would say the right thing "I'm happy to be a Buffalo Bill, let's put the past behind" while seconds later a passive aggressive comment would follow about his previous relationship with the Eagles and Kelly. Right when you think he's finally shutting up he repeats the same crap all over again, except this time why not add the race card. After he gets smoked by the media he goes into retreat not addressing his ridiculous comments, he resurfaces somehow angry that he would be asked to discuss them at more length. As I said earlier, the guy needs to get on the field and do it fast. As it stands I have very little reason to like him and can't imagine I'm the only one who feels that way.

Well, this ain't suburban high school football. Its the NFL. From a personality perspective, all kinds of cats and dogs playing this game. Must take the good with the bad. Swapping a truly good guy who can't play like Spiller for Shady who can is a good football move. Fans need to accept that.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was aware of his talent as well as the Shady nickname, I just wasn't aware how bad the Shady was. As each day elapses without his talent making up for his ridiculous comments its very hard finding any reason to like him. First he was sour on going to Buffalo, get it, that's fine. I actually liked the fact that he felt a bit scorned, figured it would be more fuel for the fire this year. As time progressed it seemed like every time he spoke he would say the right thing "I'm happy to be a Buffalo Bill, let's put the past behind" while seconds later a passive aggressive comment would follow about his previous relationship with the Eagles and Kelly. Right when you think he's finally shutting up he repeats the same crap all over again, except this time why not add the race card. After he gets smoked by the media he goes into retreat not addressing his ridiculous comments, he resurfaces somehow angry that he would be asked to discuss them at more length. As I said earlier, the guy needs to get on the field and do it fast. As it stands I have very little reason to like him and can't imagine I'm the only one who feels that way.

I'll bet he'll be awake many nights worrying about who doesn't like him. :rolleyes:

Well, this ain't suburban high school football. Its the NFL. From a personality perspective, all kinds of cats and dogs playing this game. Must take the good with the bad. Swapping a truly good guy who can't play like Spiller for Shady who can is a good football move. Fans need to accept that.

I don't think this thread brought into question his ability, think it was more him as a person, and maturity level.

If we want this team to become a winner.....we need to understand they are not all saints.

Doesn't mean we have to like them. I agree with Kzoo - without his play to compensate for it all we are left with his is dour personality. Perhaps if I knew him personally I'd feel differently but going off the persona he puts out there for us to consume, Shady is a douchebag. I'll root for the guy 'cause he's a Bill but that's the only reason.

All that being said I also agree with a poster upstream that this post is about a week too late.

Doesn't mean we have to like them. I agree with Kzoo - without his play to compensate for it all we are left with his is dour personality. Perhaps if I knew him personally I'd feel differently but going off the persona he puts out there for us to consume, Shady is a douchebag. I'll root for the guy 'cause he's a Bill but that's the only reason.

All that being said I also agree with a poster upstream that this post is about a week too late.

These players are not your friends....that is just the way it is....they are here to play a sport for a team that we love

Produce on the field and stay out of trouble....is shady doing. This

s

Not sure if this was brought up earlier in this thread (if so, I apologize), but one of the first things that Shady did when he landed in Buffalo was install his charitable organization in the region, and hold a charity softball game. That cad.

Whoa, I usually get 2 responses in much more intelligent threads. I appreciate the collective discussion. I think I have a healthy balance on it after reading all the responses. As one poster mentioned, Bruce, Kelly, Thurman, and many Bills from the early 90's teams had many questionable moments. Personally, I was 9 in 1991, which is the time I can draw a distinct line to being a fan. Those guys were gods to me and it's not as if I was aware of adult stuff at 9. As I got older, some minor stuff happened to my Bills gods, but they also matured, so they never lost god status in my eyes. McCoy is rare talent, has a chip on his shoulder and projects to do very well this year. If that happens, I will be the first one screaming at the top of my lungs. Performance trumps this conversation tenfold. I just haven't liked the transition, and it wasn't even the racist comments or over coverage by the media that triggered it. I just started reading all his press transcripts since the trade. He would say he was moving on and within seconds throw in something underhanded regarding the Eagles. So it was like stop saying for the 10th time you're ready to move on if in your next breath you're discussing the past. Most recently he very aggressively said he was moving on. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and if he performs the Jersey wins out.

Edited by KzooMike

Whoa, I usually get 2 responses in much more intelligent threads. I appreciate the collective discussion. I think I have a healthy balance on it after reading all the responses. As one poster mentioned, Bruce, Kelly, Thurman, and many Bills from the early 90's teams had many questionable moments. Personally, I was 9 in 1991, which is the time I can draw a distinct line to being a fan. Those guys were gods to me and it's not as if I was aware of adult stuff at 9. As I got older, some minor stuff happened to my Bills gods, but they also matured, so they never lost god status in my eyes. McCoy is rare talent, has a chip on his shoulder and projects to do very well this year. If that happens, I will be the first one screaming at the top of my lungs. Performance trumps this conversation tenfold. I just haven't liked the transition, and it wasn't even the racist comments or over coverage by the media that triggered it. I just started reading all his press transcripts since the trade. He would say he was moving on and within seconds throw in something underhanded regarding the Eagles. So it was like stop saying for the 10th time you're ready to move on if in your next breath you're discussing the past. Most recently he very aggressively said he was moving on. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and if he performs the Jersey wins out.

There are many levels of Maturity. Shady is lagging a bit behind at 27 years old. missing some self control with the mouth.

but lets not give up on him just yet.

Maybe i will warm up to him as the season gets going. And maybe he will find some happiness in Buffalo. over these next 3 years or so

I have many faults here but I try to be consistent. I didn't like when he was on the PAts and didn't really like him here. I hated TO and wasn't a giant fan just because he was on the Bills. I don't hate McCoy but he isn't the most likable person in the world. Personally, when you kept the white trash looking wr who yells the N word, I see his point on Kelly. But he should have kept that silent.

But the other stuff is overblown. He is not committing crimes. Mostly likely, he is an entitled immature football player. He's not the first and he's not the last. So I won't buy a jersey but I'll root for him like I did Travis Henry and Lynch (who did far worse and is now a hero).

You're right. It's a shame we gave up a rocket scientist like Kiko for dumb McCoy.

There's a flip side to that coin... What does that say about McCoy? The talk about Chip Kelly or any NFL coach being racist is much harder to believe than the fact that McCoy was gladly traded by the Eagles because of personality conflict, not racism. (The wr should have been cut btw. He embarrassed the human race, and should have been left for the desperate, needy, and morally declined.)

Edited by Thrivefourfive

He may have a reason to be upset, but not to play the race card. The race card is the ol' fallback for not being able to express/or explain the reason for the feelings. Not a dig at you Beer, just the sentence.

I appreciate the civil discussion. Tip of the hat to you.

We all hope the guy is great. I never thought of it the way you say. But who really knows what goes on inside these guys heads.

How long till the season starts so this stupid st*t goes away

Are you new?

This is the stupid schit we always have to endure, during June and July. This is the time of year when the "Get rid of Rian Lindell"(remember that? :lol:) posts happen. Yes, 2005, and a whole summer where Ryan Lindell became the greatest Satan of all time, and was the cause of all our problems...acording to far too many here at the time. Two years later he sets a team record for consecutive FGs made. :lol:, and goes on to be one of most consistent kickers in the NFL for the next 5 years after that. But if we had listened to the "summer wisdom"?

The upside is: they moved the draft back to May. So, now it's only 2 months of the banal, inane, and insane, instead of 3.

Edited by OCinBuffalo