Colts hang "AFC Finalist" banner at Lucas Oil

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nay! It's kinda sad and desperate. Especially considering they got blown out so badly. Its not the worst thing a sports team has hung in their stadium, but it I wouldnt want the Bills hanging banners like that even if they do make the playoffs.

Edited by Uffalo Ills

Anything regarding post season play is alien to an entire generation of Bills fans.So, the confusion is understandable.

read a post somewhere on this forum that the team had a " great season" last year. In regards to a 9-7' team last season beating a playoff teams JV squad. To achieve that greatness. How low things have been for so long. So if the sign was hanging

On the Ralph doubtful there would be complaints. maroon had a fake Lombardi hanging in the fieldhouse.

its all a matter

Of how fans/ coaches/ front offices perceive their team. In the end it's probably is to build some excitement like Marrons cardboard Lombardi.

Edited by Best Player Available

I say, nay. Banners should represent positive achievements, not a failure in an opportunity lost.

The Bills have banners and signs at RWS about their AFC championships, and that's appropriate. They could just as well have put up banners saying they were SB finalists, but that would be ridiculous.

Is this really any different than an "AFC East Champion" (or any other division winner) banner?

Kind of my feelings. If they hung a division champs banner I would have no issue. The same for a conference championship. Something about conference runner-up doesn't feel right. I would have no problem if they celebrated the lesser accomplishment of a division title so I guess that's a little hypocritical.

Kind of my feelings. If they hung a division champs banner I would have no issue. The same for a conference championship. Something about conference runner-up doesn't feel right. I would have no problem if they celebrated the lesser accomplishment of a division title so I guess that's a little hypocritical.

Winning your division is a regular season achievement. The banner should commemorate the milestone win not the last place you walked into a loss at.