Bills Teammates Rave about Tyrod Taylor

Well, that's your opinion. And it's really not about loyalty. It's about running out QBs after 2 years. It's dumb. And I'm not throwing a 25 year old away because of Hackett/ Marrone. If Roman doesn't think he can cut it, then by all means, move on.

This is a pretty reasonable take as well.

The QB battle has been beaten to death on here by all of us and it hasn't even started. We are hanging on every sentence like, "Tyrod is athletic." Of course he is athletic that is why they got him!!! As long as the coaches have an open mind and no agenda we should just let it play out. I promise that they will play the guy that they believe gives them the best chance to win (and they know a lot more about football than the rest of us).

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a pretty reasonable take as well.

The QB battle has been beaten to death on here by all of us and it hasn't even started. We are hanging on every sentence like, "Tyrod is athletic." Of course he is athletic that is why they got him!!! As long as the coaches have an open mind and no agenda we should just let it play out. I promise that they will play the guy that they believe gives them the best chance to win (and they know a lot more about football than the rest of us).

Haha. Very true. Can we just start training camp?

Your loyalty to Manuel is comendable but my guess is you never watched Manuel play in college. Better yet watch the offense FSU ran with Manuel then watch the offense a year later that FSU ran with Winston. Once you watch that you will see how little faith Fisher actually had in Manuel compared to Winston. Look EJ seems like a good kid, but his shortcomings in the NFL are the same shortcomings that he had in college & what is more concerning is I believe some of these shortcomings are not correctable such as accuracy.

I honestly hope Manuel shines & he is the QB of the future for years to come but I just don't see that happening.

how many Heisman winning QB's have flopped in the NFL?

the 2 are not the same

just saying

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

In fairness, they won 9 games in spite of their offense and because of their DST.

I love Ryan but his offense have been a major question mark. Hopefully, Roman will take it to another level but he still has to prove in on his own. That said, it's a huge step up from our previous offensive coaching staff.

It cant all be attributed to one place or blamed on one place. Orton had his moments (even though you hate him). He completed over 64% of his passes, threw for over 3,000 yards, had 18 TDs to 10 INTs and an 87.8 rating. He was EXACTLY what they hoped he would be, a stable vet. If you extrapolate his number over a 16 game season you are looking at 4,024 yards 24 TDs and 13 INTs. That would have put him 12th in yards, 14th in TDs and 13th in completion percentage. If the Bills QBs rank at those exact spots league wide this year they will win the Super Bowl.

Haha. Very true. Can we just start training camp?

This has been the longest offseason ever!!!

You do realize that these two back to back sentences are completely opposite to each other? You clearly aren't being "open minded" if you think that all indications are that EJ is incapable of stepping up. That statement was so biased.

It sounds like you are squarely in the "all MC or nothing" group to me.

No they are not. My opinion, which counts as much as everyone else says that EJ has shown nothing to this point and I have my doubts that he can step up. But he and the rest of QB's have to come up to speed with new coaches, new system and new play book. My preference is that EJ or TT win it as it becomes a long term solution. Having MC win means we are looking for our long term answer still which isn't a good thing.

It never works bringing in a backup QB during the game to keep defense off balance...Jets tried with Tebow and Vick with horrible results.

Exactly what I was thinking. When has this ever worked effectively in the long run.

Ya know... Big, north-south, short yardage QB, and small, quick, water bug type skatQB who you need to get into open space... C'mon guys, learn X's and O's, duh :-)

This whole North-South thing intrigues me.

I mean if the stadium runs East to West will the player constantly run out of bounds?

No they are not. My opinion, which counts as much as everyone else says that EJ has shown nothing to this point and I have my doubts that he can step up. But he and the rest of QB's have to come up to speed with new coaches, new system and new play book. My preference is that EJ or TT win it as it becomes a long term solution. Having MC win means we are looking for our long term answer still which isn't a good thing.

it is also many people's opinion that we have not seen enough to remove all doubt and call him a failure.

if we are truly being open minded then the same doubt you have in EJ has to apply to Meh and TT as well!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I am really hoping EJ wins the job. If you are in to reading tea leaves, however...pretty much interview that I have heard, where players are commenting on the QB's, with EJ they always say things like "that's my guy", or "he's my boy"...whereas with Taylor on Cassel they comment, positively, about their performance, or at least what they can honestly tell at this point of the off-season.

it is also many people's opinion that we have not seen enough to remove all doubt and call him a failure.

the same doubt you have in EJ has to apply to Meh and TT as well!

Correct.

I am not sold on any of these guys. I do believe, my opinion, that MC probably gives us best chance to win now. But I don't discount any of the 3 to be able to step up. They all seem to have certain things they do well or sell that should make them viable. EJ has all of the physical side wrapped up, MC has experience and a few proven seasons in past, TT has all of the athletic capability. However, they all have huge question marks around them. EJ and his ability to see the field and make accurate throws, MC on his up and don and never a consistent QB plus his age, TT on his size and accuracy. Personally I wish we'd have gotten Bradford from the Rams. He's got injury problems, but if we could have protected him, would have been, IMO, the best choice.

if we are truly being open minded then the same doubt you have in EJ has to apply to Meh and TT as well!

I think you're confusing his opinion of the current situation with his acceptance of the outcome. I certainly hope Tyrod wins and succeeds in the NFL, but as a Bills fan they could start Gray at QB for all I care. As long as he's doing well and we're winning I will be happy. You can have a hunch on how the competition will play out and still have an open mind about the competition.

Please no. I will start out by saying I'm a EJ fan, but I want one of the two young QBs to win the starting job. I'm to the point I don't care if it's EJ or Tyrod anybody but Cassel.

Haha I think that's how I feel as well. I'm an EJ fan simply because he has great character but I know that doesn't win football games. I'd rather a younger guy get in there and start to improve after a few starts than watch Cassel do the Orton dance.

Personally I wish we'd have gotten Bradford from the Rams. He's got injury problems, but if we could have protected him, would have been, IMO, the best choice.

Bills didn't have the draft pick, nor the QB they could send back to the Rams.

It cant all be attributed to one place or blamed on one place. Orton had his moments (even though you hate him). He completed over 64% of his passes, threw for over 3,000 yards, had 18 TDs to 10 INTs and an 87.8 rating. He was EXACTLY what they hoped he would be, a stable vet. If you extrapolate his number over a 16 game season you are looking at 4,024 yards 24 TDs and 13 INTs. That would have put him 12th in yards, 14th in TDs and 13th in completion percentage....

Here's an interesting tidbit regarding Orton last year.

Orton's first 4 games:

95-141-1128-9-3

67.4% completion, 8.0 ypa, 104.0 QBR

Orton's final 8 games:

192-306-1890-9-7

62.7% completion, 6.1 ypa, 80.4 QBR

Manuel will be the starting QB...put it on the board......yessssss. As a baseball announcer famously said.

Manuel will start because:

1. New coaching staff will go with the player with the greatest upside. They will believe that they "can coach him up". That will be true to a certain extent because the new coaching staff on offense is far superior to the previous staff. Roman will run a much more QB friendly offense (i.e. require easier reads and easier throws) and put the ball in his stud RB's hands a great deal than what the novice Hackett did.

2. Manuel has all of the measureables - height, athleticism, speed, quickness even leadership abilities. He just needs someone to believe in him and to support him. He needs an OC who will play to his strengths.

3. If I'm the new coaching staff I've got to see what Manuel can do because he has the best potential for the greatest improvement. He is capable of producing somewhere in between Kaeperneck and Newton, given the right set of circumstances. With the plethora of talent that the Bills have accumulated on offense Manuel only needs to distribute the ball in a smooth efficient manner and let the likes of McCoy, Watkins, Harvin, Clay, and Woods do their thing.

Here's an interesting tidbit regarding Orton last year.

Orton's first 4 games:

95-141-1128-9-3

67.4% completion, 8.0 ypa, 104.0 QBR

Orton's final 8 games:

192-306-1890-9-7

62.7% completion, 6.1 ypa, 80.4 QBR

Once he knew he was retiring he went downhill

Manuel will be the starting QB...put it on the board......yessssss. As a baseball announcer famously said.

Manuel will start because:

1. New coaching staff will go with the player with the greatest upside. They will believe that they "can coach him up". That will be true to a certain extent because the new coaching staff on offense is far superior to the previous staff. Roman will run a much more QB friendly offense (i.e. require easier reads and easier throws) and put the ball in his stud RB's hands a great deal than what the novice Hackett did.

2. Manuel has all of the measureables - height, athleticism, speed, quickness even leadership abilities. He just needs someone to believe in him and to support him. He needs an OC who will play to his strengths.

3. If I'm the new coaching staff I've got to see what Manuel can do because he has the best potential for the greatest improvement. He is capable of producing somewhere in between Kaeperneck and Newton, given the right set of circumstances. With the plethora of talent that the Bills have accumulated on offense Manuel only needs to distribute the ball in a smooth efficient manner and let the likes of McCoy, Watkins, Harvin, Clay, and Woods do their thing.

New coaching staff will go with the player that gives them the best chance to win now.