Who is going to be the biggest surprise Bill this year?

I have Gray a t 6'4" 242 from a couple sources... one of those being the Official team website... I also heard unofficially that he gained like 10 pounds...

I might have to call Bullsh*** on Wikipedia because I saw 6'2" there as well... I still Hope he surprises the pundits... If he gets cut, he gets cut. Would be great if he got a fair shot.

I've seen 6,3 and 3 eighths also 6,3 .2 from pro day and combine

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Gray a t 6'4" 242 from a couple sources... one of those being the Official team website... I also heard unofficially that he gained like 10 pounds...

I might have to call Bullsh*** on Wikipedia because I saw 6'2" there as well... I still Hope he surprises the pundits... If he gets cut, he gets cut. Would be great if he got a fair shot.

i like Gray too and think that he could be the 3rd guy. I was just responding to "he offers size and speed that we lack." He's pretty much a poor man's Charles Clay.

He's an overpaid tweener... He had his chance... showed some talent, and now has buckets of money.. Just because he did well in Miami, doesn't mean that'll happen here... I don't hate Clay. He clearly has talent... I just think this team needs a a big red zone threat, as well as at least one true TE...

Roman wouldn't be the first displaced coach to stroll in here Hawking his "system"... I'll believe in it when I see the proof. That goes for Clay, Rex, AND Greg Roman

I stand by all of it... Every last word.... Maybe if we did those things we would've made the playoffs by now... You can't say for sure it wouldn't of happened... Loved Brad... Still do... Kaufmann as well.... I think Dorin would have fit in well if we had an actual Quarterback at the time... I like the Dark Horses... Always will... i feel sad for people who always require others to 'share their views'.... saddest of all for those that come unglued at the sight of a dissenting opinion.

I can say I am 99.9% sure that we would not have made the play-offs with Brad Smith at Quarterback. I don't feel like I need people to share my views.... but when you still lauding blokes who are now out of a job - Smith and Kauffman (cut by a CFL team at last count) and maintaining you were right and if we had just trusted these guys we'd be in the play-offs you kind of lose credibility. It is fine backing the dark horse, but be prepared to say "I got that one wrong" when the evidence points that way. The cool thing about dark horses is if you pick 10 and 1 comes in you are still in credit so don't be worried to admit that 9 of them ended up duds.

I can say I am 99.9% sure that we would not have made the play-offs with Brad Smith at Quarterback. I don't feel like I need people to share my views.... but when you still lauding blokes who are now out of a job - Smith and Kauffman (cut by a CFL team at last count) and maintaining you were right and if we had just trusted these guys we'd be in the play-offs you kind of lose credibility. It is fine backing the dark horse, but be prepared to say "I got that one wrong" when the evidence points that way. The cool thing about dark horses is if you pick 10 and 1 comes in you are still in credit so don't be worried to admit that 9 of them ended up duds.

#34fan sounds like the kind of guy who goes to the track and bets on 20 longshots...when one hits it's "I knew it!"

#34fan sounds like the kind of guy who goes to the track and bets on 20 longshots...when one hits it's "I knew it!"

It is worse than that it is "I knew it" on the one that wins but also "It's a fix - the jockey didn't ride it right" on the 19 longshots that lose.

For you and e-balls information, I DO pick longshots at the track... -Quite often, actually... I may drive an hour to the OTB to bet ONE stupid horse in ONE stupid race...I lose ineveitably...However, I've KILLED 'em on MANY races that left everyone scratching their heads (except me)

LOTS of factors go into my bets.. Where's the horse from? Who's his Trainer, -Jockey? -Sire?.... What track are we talking? How's the turf there? How does the horse's recent workouts look? - Was he in the money in his last race? If so, running against whom? -What was the turf like that day/night?

And that's just the beginning.... I've bet all kinds of horses from the trotters to quarters.... I'll take a horse to win/place with long odds because I've observed something others may have overlooked.

Invariably, the people that questioned my methods in the beginning, are the SAME ones stalking me to the cage to hear my bet... -Not to ridicule it, but to COPY it...

Fact is, I'd take Brad Smith TODAY over most of the QB options on our roster... I'll leave you with comment from long ago against one of my other long shots.

"I don't think Fitz will win us games, but Wilson's limitations due to his height, combined with other problems in his game, mean that he will be a bottom 10 QB in the league. Is it impressive that he is starting as a rookie over a big-budget free agent signing in Flynn? Yes, but that doesn't mean that Wilson has what it takes to lead a team in a deep playoff run. I do lament the fact that we picked Dalton over Williams, though, especially given the fact that we hadn't made such a commitment to Fitzpatrick at that time". –NY33

You don't need to tell me how to bet on horses. We have proper horse racing over here - and you can bet from anywhere.

If you would still take Brad Smith today as a Quarterback over what we have on our roster I don't know what to tell you. I think you might be crazy. And here is another one who was definitely on the Russell Wilson bandwagon.... I was not on TBD at the time Wilson was coming out but it must have been awash with "please pick Wilson" threads... cos pretty much every poster claims to have called it.

You don't need to tell me how to bet on horses. We have proper horse racing over here - and you can bet from anywhere.

If you would still take Brad Smith today as a Quarterback over what we have on our roster I don't know what to tell you. I think you might be crazy. And here is another one who was definitely on the Russell Wilson bandwagon.... I was not on TBD at the time Wilson was coming out but it must have been awash with "please pick Wilson" threads... cos pretty much every poster claims to have called it.

Nope... Wilson had his share of tacit supporters on TBD, but relativley few of us took it over the deep end, which is where I reside when it comes to Bills football.. I can understand how you'd feel 99.9 perent sure that we wouldn't have gotten anywhere with Smith of Kaufman... However the fact is you'll never be able to say for sure... If Kurt Warner could go from being out of football, to winning a superbowl, and a 6th rounder could evolve into a superbowl-winning machine, then absolutlely anything can happen... This, more than anything, is why I watch football... for it's grand surprises, and spectacular hidden gems.

Moving forward, there's a few undrafteds I think could make statements in camp... WR Andre Davis, LB AJ Tarpley, and DE Cedric Reed.. I think DE BJ Larsen may not make this team, but has the motor to be successful elsewhere. As stocked with talent as we're supposed to be, I hope this year's coaching staff has the courage to think out of the box, and see beyond the stat lines.

i like Gray too and think that he could be the 3rd guy. I was just responding to "he offers size and speed that we lack." He's pretty much a poor man's Charles Clay.

He looks much better than that when the defense seems unaware that he's an eligible reciever. We should run that play some more! I enjoyed that thoroughly, while asking "who is THAT guy?"

This has to be my favorite thread, by the way.

Edited by Augie

He looks much better than that when the defense seems unaware that he's an eligible reciever. We should run that play some more! I enjoyed that thoroughly, while asking "who is THAT guy?"

This has to be my favorite thread, by the way.

I agree!! It is the strangest thread ever. There's the troll that hates Fred Jackson for some reason (or no reason at all because he's the most likable Bills player in over a decade). There is another guy that thinks Charles Clay will be the 3rd TE (b/c he doesn't have the size and speed of Gray which isn't true). There are others that think Shady McCoy will be a backup. It's like a bunch of people are trying to say something more ridiculous than the guy before them.

I agree!! It is the strangest thread ever. There's the troll that hates Fred Jackson for some reason (or no reason at all because he's the most likable Bills player in over a decade). There is another guy that thinks Charles Clay will be the 3rd TE (b/c he doesn't have the size and speed of Gray which isn't true). There are others that think Shady McCoy will be a backup. It's like a bunch of people are trying to say something more ridiculous than the guy before them.

You don't want to be just another guy here at TBD. Dig deep, embrace your inner idiot, find the most ridiculous position you're capable of, make it your crusade and take your place among the Pantheon of TBD's legendary warrior poets. And when the mods strike you down you'll arrive at the gates of Valhalla shiny, red, white, and blue. His name was NDBUFFCUSEREALMADRID. Witness him!

Well, that is ridiculous! Shady McCoy can't be the decoy if he's on the bench! I don't think they'll ever give him the ball, but the defense will have to account for him on every play! (John Rauch taught me that.)

Ok I will go with... Drum roll (role? Lol) please...

Randell Johnson

This seems like a pretty decent bet, but what do I know?