Who is going to be the biggest surprise Bill this year?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In his career it is 18.1 YPC. Marrone had no idea what to do with him and MW last year.

Defensive coaches have talked about having to plan for him. Rex talked about it earlier in OTAs. He talked about how you have to keep a safety over the top because he will run by you. A lot of people here think that he could be a complete player and REALLY dangerous from the slot. Personally, I like his talent but think that he is too fragile for that role. I would use him strictly over the top or on a reverse. I wouldn't use him in traffic if I could avoid it.

they should use him like Arians uses John Brown in AZ.

Can't any team that didn't win every game use this if you change the wording slightly? "Couldn't our decision to cut ____ have potentially changed the outcome of ____ game?" The PERFECT example specific to the Bills would have been if they kept Tavaris Jackson during the KC game that Tuel played. You can point to a play in any game that is a mistake that if someone else was in may not have happened. "If we had kept Chad Jackson in 2010 maybe we don't lose the Steelers game because maybe he wouldn't have dropped that ball that Stevie dropped?"

it is just flawed logic and can literally be applied to every team in the history of the NFL except that undefeated Dolphins team.

Absolutely not... it can't be applied to any other team, because we've got the longest standing playoff drought in the NFL... We're not just talking about a few "L's" chalked up to a bad FO decision... An entire generation has reached adulthood without ever seeing the Bills in the post-season...

I'd like to see us hang on to players who''s skill set enables them to make big plays, and force outcomes in our favor. I'd like to be totally wrong about Charles Clay as well... I'll have no problem admitting it if I am...

Also, I'm not a huge fan of his, but it's strange that I didn't see anyone make mention Stephon Gilmore :mellow:

Absolutely not... it can't be applied to any other team, because we've got the longest standing playoff drought in the NFL... We're not just talking about a few "L's" chalked up to a bad FO decision... An entire generation has reached adulthood without ever seeing the Bills in the post-season...

I'd like to see us hang on to players who''s skill set enables them to make big plays, and force outcomes in our favor. I'd like to be totally wrong about Charles Clay as well... I'll have no problem admitting it if I am...

How do you explain Wes Welker's drop in the Super Bowl? It is exactly what you are saying. You can point to a play in ANY game and say if that was ___ it might not have happened.

In his career it is 18.1 YPC. Marrone had no idea what to do with him and MW last year.

Defensive coaches have talked about having to plan for him. Rex talked about it earlier in OTAs. He talked about how you have to keep a safety over the top because he will run by you. A lot of people here think that he could be a complete player and REALLY dangerous from the slot. Personally, I like his talent but think that he is too fragile for that role. I would use him strictly over the top or on a reverse. I wouldn't use him in traffic if I could avoid it.

I guess I agree with all of this. But, given the choice between Hogan and Goodwin, I would rather have Hogan's short yardage reliability over Goodwin's occasional big play potential, since we already have at least two players with that type of downfield advantage in Watkins/Harvin.

Some on here have made the point that Goodwin has better hands than Hogan. The stats completely contradict that notion (44% to 66%), although I understand that Goodwin has been used in a very different way, and perhaps (as you suggested) misused by Marrone. But, there's no denying that Hogan has made quite a few more first downs than Goodwin. I would consider that more valuable for someone lower down the depth chart than an outside chance at a big play.

But, I would also rather have Lewis over Goodwin. As far down the chart as Goodwin would be, I think it's more valuable to have one tall wide receiver who can highpoint the ball-- as I have read, Lewis highpoint ability is one of his strengths. We got one big play out of Goodwin last season. What could we reasonably expect from him this season? At this point (and, obviously, my opinion could certainly change between now and August/Sept.), I'm more interested in seeing what Lewis has to offer, or what his potential could be.

How do you explain Wes Welker's drop in the Super Bowl? It is exactly what you are saying. You can point to a play in ANY game and say if that was ___ it might not have happened.

If Charles Clay's playmaking ability helps us get to a superbowl, he can drop as many passes as he wants while

there... I'll never hold it against him..

I guess I agree with all of this. But, given the choice between Hogan and Goodwin, I would rather have Hogan's short yardage reliability over Goodwin's occasional big play potential, since we already have at least two players with that type of downfield advantage in Watkins/Harvin.

Some on here have made the point that Goodwin has better hands than Hogan. The stats completely contradict that notion (44% to 66%), although I understand that Goodwin has been used in a very different way, and perhaps (as you suggested) misused by Marrone. But, there's no denying that Hogan has made quite a few more first downs than Goodwin. I would consider that more valuable for someone lower down the depth chart than an outside chance at a big play.

But, I would also rather have Lewis over Goodwin. As far down the chart as Goodwin would be, I think it's more valuable to have one tall wide receiver who can highpoint the ball-- as I have read, Lewis highpoint ability is one of his strengths. We got one big play out of Goodwin last season. What could we reasonably expect from him this season? At this point (and, obviously, my opinion could certainly change between now and August/Sept.), I'm more interested in seeing what Lewis has to offer, or what his potential could be.

If Dez Lewis was Kelvin Benjamin, I'd agree with that last paragraph.. However, there's an absolute ocean between Dez Lewis's talent level, and Marquise Goodwin's... if Dez has anywhere near the type of talent it takes to wrest a job away from ANY of the veteran receivers on our roster (except for Caleb Holley) I certainly have not seen it.

Edited by #34fan

Listed at 6-7 and 354 pounds, Chandler has ideal size for either the left or right tackle position. While his imposing stature is a great attribute, perhaps Chandler’s greatest trait is his rare arm length of nearly 37-inches

He looks trim for his weight

Edited by ALF

In is 2 year career, he also has 18 catches and 2 fumbles.

In is 2 year career, he also has 18 catches and 2 fumbles.

Someone just asked why people are high on him. His big play ability on this particular team may swing the outcome of a game or 2. No one needs these bottom of the roster guys to make a ton of plays all year. They need them to make big plays in important moments. He is capable of that. Think of the play Thigpen made last year. Edited by Kirby Jackson

When I first clicked on this thread when it started I didn't have an idea, but after thinking about it for some time I think Cory Graham will be the surprise Bill this year. I think he has his best year as a pro at the safety position.

Go Bills!

Tim-

This would qualify as a shock. Mainly because for it to happen, half the WR room will have had to have spontaneously combusted first.

Well,, I mean, Percy Harvin may spontaneously combust like in Seattle? He's ahead of Hogan on depth chart. :huh:

Well,, I mean, Percy Harvin may spontaneously combust like in Seattle? He's ahead of Hogan on depth chart. :huh:

This will be his 4th team in 7 seasons.

http://www.nfl.com/player/percyharvin/80425/profile

This will be his 4th team in 7 seasons.

http://www.nfl.com/player/percyharvin/80425/profile

Even if Harvin washes out, in order for Hogan to be the clear number 2 he'd have to surpass Woods (not happening) and Goodwin (also not likely to happen once camp starts in my mind) -- not to mention any dark horse candidates in the room.