The press speculates on EJ's future

Put me down for believing that one.

Taylor is in my opinion going to be used a few plays a game in sub-packages to force teams to spend extra prep time to deal with them.

My guess is that Cassel will win the competition and my hope is that EJ will improve a lot but not quite enough to beat out Cassell. If he does so, yeah, I'd guess he'll be on the team in case of injuries and in hopes that his development will continue and next year he might be good enough to edge Cassel out.

If it's close between Meh and one of the young QBs, I would think Tyrod or EJ would be the starter.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading through the past few pages, I believe that Orange is the reincarnation of NDBUFFCUSEFAN. Posting style is very similar. Digs in on a bad take and gets indignant about it. If he offers to bet money on the argument (like how the Bills had no shot at beating Chicago last year), we'll know for sure.

The guy who had a complete meltdown last year? Awesome.

Two things: OF COURSE KYLE FREAKING ORTON WASN'T THE ANSWER!!!!! Who in the world says he was? I've said on here a hundred times that he sucked too. You said there are plenty of other EJ dreamers on this site and I agree with you. But please, I beg of you, tell me one person who believed or believes that Kyle Orton was/is the answer? And furthermore, while there are EJ dreamers, can you please find me one other guy or girl who agrees with you that the Bills would have finished 13-3 last year if they stuck with Manuel? Is anyone else reading this!?!?!

But even playing with his heart clearly not in it last year, he still gave the Bills a better chance to win than the Manuel we saw through four games. As bad as Orton played at times, his numbers were still decidedly better than Manuel's Could Manuel have magically progressed last year and played better than Orton did? Sure. But he gave nobody a reason to believe that was going to happen. As I've said on here a THOUSAND times: he sucked in practice too. But as we all know, he's only played in 14 games, Doug Marrone is now coaching in Jacksonville and now my favorite new one: Kyle Orton sucked too. Therefore, there is reason to believe.

While projecting Manuel would have gone 13-3 is a bit over the top to me, I do think Manuel would have given the Bills just as good a chance at 7-5 over the remaining games as Orton did. Orton was clearly no long term answer and to me it was a very questionable choice to replace Manuel at that point in the season. The reason should be all too painfully obvious at this point. Marginal results in 2014, no playoffs, and an entire year of Manuel's development wasted. Now, with a team clearly built to win at all positions but QB, we have the same problem, and no more development time for a QB who everyone knew was going to take time to develop.

I guess it makes me an "EJ dreamer" to think that a little patience last year would have put the Bills in a much better position this year, whether he improved over the course of the year or not. I suspect he would have. I am not going to bother to go through all the arguments which have been hashed out in boring detail a hundred times already. Suffice it to say that in my opinion, starting Orton bought the Bills nothing, and squandered the best opportunity at developing a QB drafted in the first round. Miami did not make that mistake and look where they are, despite Tannehill being awful to mediocre his first two years.

I never put him in any tier. I just said he's a very mobile QB, which he is.

Certainly not based on production. 238 yds 3 tds in 14 games??? Very mobile is cam newton averages 600+ ryp every year 8+tds per year. Edited by Orange

Certainly not based on production. 238 yds 3 tds in 14 games??? Very mobile is cam newton averages 600+ ryp every year 8+tds per year.

The word mobile is an adjective. Much like the words dense and obtuse.

Part of me hopes EJ gets cut, just so these stupid threads will end.

But another part of me realizes we'll have the same stupid discussions about whoever replaces him.

Haha. Very true. And if he gets cut and ever produces for another team, the folks who wanted him cut will complain about the Bills being a dumb franchise.

The word mobile is an adjective. Much like the words dense and obtuse.

im fine with using the adjective mobile when describing manuel not using the term very mobile because well thats just a big lie.