Bills Release Jeff Tuel and Claim Matt Simms

EJ could lose the QB competition in camp/preseason games, then start during the regular season either because of injury or poor play from the starter and win back the job through his play on the field.

Football is a funny game. From the reports, EJ looked horrible in last year's training camp, yet he played well in the first two real games against Chicago on the road and at home against Miami. The only real judge for whether a guy is an NFL QB worth anything is in regular season games.

There seems to be an accelerated timeline for Manuel. What was once a normal three year window for QBs, has now become only two years for this one guy all of a sudden. I just don't get the rush to see him leave.

There is just a ton of urgency to win.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so when is EJ getting cut?

I know this is in jest.

just what will the EJ detractors do when he is named #1?

My guess is they will "support" the decision and still say he sucks in one manner or another

Will his dad like us now?

I was just about to ask that

I'd guess yes until he's named #3

Pat and Jim on NFL Radio already speculated that the depth chart would be Cassel, Taylor, Simms and we would trade EJ in August

IF that is how it plays out then Simms would be an upgrade.

If NOT then I would think it is for training camp benefits.

Lastly, does Simms have practice squad eligibility?

Hackett is the only guy on the Bills that would talk to Joe B. He won't be the first reporters who let a personal relationship get in the way of their "reporting."

i remember Joe B practically admitting on WGR that he said it mostly to be dissenting/controversial/get clicks

i remember Joe B practically admitting on WGR that he said it mostly to be dissenting/controversial/get clicks

I think Joe B could be a really good reporter but it seems like he is trying too hard and lets personal feeling get in the way.

Also, he pretends like he is some expert and really has no football background at all. He loved Manziel last year.

I think Joe B could be a really good reporter but it seems like he is trying too hard and lets personal feeling get in the way.

Also, he pretends like he is some expert and really has no football background at all. He loved Manziel last year.

Johnny Manziel was a first round QB.