NFL.com: League's top 10 QB's, could we snag any of them?

It's fair to suggest that, as a general rule, any top franchise QB, such as the 10 on this list, will never be available until they are no longer worth having.

We did get Bledsoe, would you have considered him a top 10 at the time ?? Drew got a heroes welcome at the airport anyways, so that says something (probably we were duped).

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

We did get Bledsoe, would you have considered him a top 10 at the time ?? Drew got a heroes welcome at the airport anyways, so that says something (probably we were duped).

I said a general rule.

Getting Bledsoe, when we did, would be an exception to that rule.

But it shows it can be done.

There have been rumblings (not sure how well founded they are) that Eli Manning or maybe Rivers could become available. Some argue for Brees.

I'll believe any of that when I see it, but I'd take any of them, so long as it happens relatively soon. Like before they turn 50.

That's the reason I'm asking, somebody is going to want too much & if we do quite well this season I could see us obtaining one of them.

And yet somehow they always get it.

Other than situations where teams had identified the successor (Manning, Drew, Favre), when was the last time a top 10 QB just hit the open market? I don't think any of the 2016 FA QBs has an heir apparent.

Edited by KD in CT

I said a general rule.

Getting Bledsoe, when we did, would be an exception to that rule.

But it shows it can be done.

There have been rumblings (not sure how well founded they are) that Eli Manning or maybe Rivers could become available. Some argue for Brees.

I'll believe any of that when I see it, but I'd take any of them, so long as it happens relatively soon. Like before they turn 50.

Yeah really, LOL. What would you folks consider Drew Bledsoe at that time, #8 in the league ?? Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

Yeah really, LOL. What would you folks consider Drew Bledsoe at that time, #8 in the league ??

Bledsoe?! Who's talking about Bledsoe! Bledsoe doesn't matter!

You know why, mister?

Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an $80,000 BMW.

:lol: That was like dating a one-time playboy centerfold who was a crack addict by the time she went out with you.