Is the Flutie Curse over with?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did break the Tampa Bay sub 40 degree jinx though. That's gotta count for something.

In their impact on how the rest of the guys played, yes I am. Leadership.

He did break the Tampa Bay sub 40 degree jinx though. That's gotta count for something.

In their impact on how the rest of the guys played, yes I am. Leadership.

Not even close

A hell of a lot better.

No just better

I guess the next thing you're going to say is Flutie flakes never got soggy in milk

I think the SD game he was referring to was after AJ Smith brought Flutie, Wiley, and others to make the Chargers Bills West... the RJ vs Flutie showdown was our Super Bowl that year. It was also a microcosm of their careers.

Oh right. i didn't think about the date. The game I referred to would have been 98 I guess.

Johnson has one thing Flutie doesn't , a Super Bowl ring

Flutie was 0-2 in the playoffs in the NFL. He literally dropped the ball with the Bills and he couldn't ride one of the best defensive teams to their second title in 1986 when he passed for an outstanding 134 yards completed less than 36% of his passes and threw 1 TD and 2 INTs. Yet I know people will argue he was a good QB. I'd surmise him as a game manager and nothing more in the NFL. If the guy was 6'2" he'd be lauded but because most fans love the little engine that could story line he's applauded.

Edited by The Jokeman

The curse still exists until we make the play-offs and as uticaclub suggests the Bills should have him lead the charge to open the season this year. Rex is the kind of coach that would love that kind of move too.

Better for him to lead charge against Pats** week 2 since he played for them twice and is from Boston (sort of).

Flutie was 0-2 in the playoffs in the NFL. He literally dropped the ball with the Bills and he couldn't ride one of the best defensive teams to their second title in 1986 when he passed for an outstanding 134 yards completed less than 36% of his passes and threw 1 TD and 2 INTs. Yet I know people will argue he was a good QB. I'd surmise him as a game manager and nothing more in the NFL. If the guy was 6'2" he'd be lauded but because most fans love the little engine that could story line he's applauded.

Umm....lauded means praised.

Yes we can....but Flutie is still better than both of those guys taped together!

& that is saying very little indeed.

Flutopians love to trumpet that the wee one was better than Johnson as if that's something to be proud of. He may have been a better QB, but, that's not saying much. The fact that his arm was dead at the end of the season (my strong personal opinion) was the overriding reason he sat.

& that is saying very little indeed.

Flutopians love to trumpet that the wee one was better than Johnson as if that's something to be proud of. He may have been a better QB, but, that's not saying much. The fact that his arm was dead at the end of the season (my strong personal opinion) was the overriding reason he sat.

You just be hatin'. So did you dislike Flutie back in the day, or is this a hindsight thing? Were you pro Johnson in the Music City Miracle Travesty?

You just be hatin'. So did you dislike Flutie back in the day, or is this a hindsight thing? Were you pro Johnson in the Music City Miracle Travesty?

I couldn't stand Flutie before he was a Bill. I REALLY couldn't stand him while he was a Bill. I was ecstatic when he was benched for that game and downright giddy when he left the team.