Rex press conference 5/13

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: The Terminator is a great nickname for John Conner. He'll knock the heck out of ya.

@mikerodak: Rex: A lot of teams dont have a fullback. We have two of the best in the league."

@WGR550: Rex on John Conner: "You want your team to have a bunch of guys you don't want your kids playing against." --Sal

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: I would not be surprised if John makes our team

@mikerodak: Rex/Deflategate: For us, we know were playing the Patriots Week 2. No matter whos there, were playing them Week 2. Theyre playing us."

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: We know we're playing the Patriots Week 2, no matter who plays. Belichick is going to have his guys prepared.

@mikerodak: Rex: Belichick is bringing his team in and hell have his team prepared. Well have our team prepared too."

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: I'm not surprised by Brady's suspension. The league knows all the facts of everything. Suspension is what it is.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@AroundTheNFL: Rex Ryan: 'I really haven't given any thought' to Brady suspension.

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: Hey, you just want to beat the Patriots. I don't care who is back there.

@SalSports: Rex says "that's what it says on the scoreboard" when asked if beating Pats with or without Brady is the same.

@mikerodak: Rex asked if he would rather play Brady. Shakes head, smiles, says, No I dont I just want to beat them, no matter whos back there."

@mikerodak: Rex asked about AFC East. Last I looked, it was still the New England Patriots that won the Super Bowl."

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: I'm not feeling sorry for anybody. We're going to play.

@JaySkurski: Rex on Marquise Goodwin: "He's not just a track guy."

@SalSports: Rex on rookies after minicamp: "Mentally they're on top of it. They were definitely in their books."

@viccarucci: Ryan said #Bills never did team drills, 11-on-11, w rookies last wk bc he wasn't sure how ready they were. Mostly skeleton drills.

@SalSports: Rex says Darby and O'Leary jumped out at him initially at rookie camp.

@SalSports: "Ty Powell has been the most impressive to me" as far as LB depth. -- Rex.

@BuffaloBillsPR

#Bills HC Rex Ryan will address the media today at Noon. Player availability will follow.

@viccarucci

Ryan on whether #Bills can keep 2 FBs: Doug Whaley & I talk about it all the time; keep the best players. Not surprised if John makes team.

Ryan on whether beating #Patriots without Brady is same as beating them w him: That's what it says on the scoreboard. (smiles)

Ryan: "Last I looked, it's still the New England Patriots. They did just win a Super Bowl. Not feeling sorry for anybody."

Ryan said #Bills never did team drills, 11-on-11, w rookies last wk bc he wasn't sure how ready they were. Mostly skeleton drills.

Ryan said CB Ronald Darby was impressive. Same w TE Nick O'Leary. Those were 2 that jumped out.

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex can envision keeping Felton & Conner on 53-man roster. Said they'll keep best players. #Bills

Rex said rookie G John Miller has seen some time with the ones in field work and they haven't had to slow things down for him. #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: Ty Powell stands out in the linebacker group. I like him. He's really jumped out to me.

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: Wes Miller looks like Jim Leonhard. If he's half the player, we'll sign up for that.

@ChrisBrownBills: Rex said rookie G John Miller has seen some time with the ones in field work and they haven't had to slow things down for him. #Bills

OMG BYE Hogan

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: If we ever have to play lacrosse, Chris Hogan is probably the first pick.

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan on Alex Carrington: Initial reaction was 'Oh that's the guy that blocks all the kicks!'

Edited by YoloinOhio

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: If we ever have to play lacrosse, Chris Hogan is probably the first pick.

Marrone and Hackett just marched into David Caldwell's office and demanded obtaining 7/11....They can have him for a 6th rounder...

Marrone and Hackett just marched into David Caldwell's office and demanded obtaining 7/11....They can have him for a 6th rounder...

lol that quote was fantastic. He and bryce brown are on notice

@SalSports: #Bills RB Boobie Dixon had one of the best lines/quotes of the day today at OBD (see my next tweet)...

@SalSports: "Rex told team at 1st meeting I might not be the prettiest guy in the room but I get job done. I'm not a supermodel so I'm cool with that."

@SalSports: #Bills RB Boobie Dixon had one of the best lines/quotes of the day today at OBD (see my next tweet)...

@SalSports: "Rex told team at 1st meeting I might not be the prettiest guy in the room but I get job done. I'm not a supermodel so I'm cool with that."

Dixon just seems like a Rex guy; it would really surprise me if he were cut.

Like that Ty Powell looks good. Whaley brought him in and we really haven't seen much of him on D. If he can be our main depth guy at a discount, I guess I'm cool with losing Spikes. Still wish Spikes would recognize his worth and just sign with us.

Unlike others, Im not taking this quote to mean he doesnt think Hogan is good. It was just a way of not answering a question he has to answer. And also, in typical Rex fashion, make a joke.

Now, if he completed that sentence with "...but he's our last pick for Football" then we might have something.

Like that Ty Powell looks good. Whaley brought him in and we really haven't seen much of him on D. If he can be our main depth guy at a discount, I guess I'm cool with losing Spikes. Still wish Spikes would recognize his worth and just sign with us.

All I know of Powell is that he's an exceptional athlete. At Harding, he played snaps at DE, LB, CB, and S in the same season.

All I know of Powell is that he's an exceptional athlete. At Harding, he played snaps at DE, LB, CB, and S in the same season.

i read somewhere that Powell is considered a good scheme fit for Rex. Can't remember where but hope he adds some solid LB depth since we (thankfully) cut Keith Rivers

Unlike others, Im not taking this quote to mean he doesnt think Hogan is good. It was just a way of not answering a question he has to answer. And also, in typical Rex fashion, make a joke.

Now, if he completed that sentence with "...but he's our last pick for Football" then we might have something.

I agree, I don't think it was a shot at Hogan at all. It was just Rex being Rex.

That said, Hogan (in my mind) is clearly on the bottom of the list of veteran WRs in the room.

I like Powell. I also really like Randell Johnson. It'll be interesting to see what these kids do in Rex's D.