Bills 5th rd pick Karlos Williams is a steal

Can he play tight end? From what I've seen, he's got great hands.

i am one who hadn't seen a ton of FSU but what I did see he's pretty good catching out of the backfield. He could take over from fred in this area when it's time to make that move.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could also replace Booby Dixon on the roster too because of his ST's availability , especially if he is a better runner than Booby which it seems that he is by his college tape ..

Bye Bye Booby !!

He is more talented, but to say he's a "better runner" than Boobie...at least based on college statistics.

"The modern SEC workhorse back — for those under 30 years old — is Mississippi State’s Anthony Dixon. A nice player, Dixon accumulated nearly 4,000 career rushing yards for the Bulldogs in four years not by being the most explosive or talented back in the SEC, but by amassing a whopping 910 carries, second all-time."

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/all-time-sec-workhorse-rbs/

I like dixon's game a lot and he adds intaglibles as well. I don't think he gets cut. He blocked two punts last year. He's a perfect backup RB. I don't hate brown, I think he has potential, but he needs to show more imo to make the team.

Karlos Williams has better measurements than Carlos Hyde, who the Bills tried to trade up for with a 2nd round pick.

He is bigger, just as strong, a bit faster...and he compared to players like Gurley, Blount and Bell.

I will keep saying this, as far as *overall physical talent* goes, it is, in my opinion...

1. McCoy

2. Williams

3. Brown

4. Jackson/Dixon

(They set out to make every position better 2 years ago, and that is exactly what they have done, at most spots...especially RB, WR, TE, CB...aka "playmakers.")

With the exception of maybe Blount, those comparisons are a little over the top. Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders were physically inferior in many ways to other RBs. Stephen Hill compared athletically with Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss...Physical comparisons don't mean much without production.

I've said before that I like this pick, he's good on ST's and a nice project to work on at RB...but people are getting carried away. He was replaced by Cook this year at FSU, and it was no contest who the better RB was. His stats look nice on paper, but he had some serious weak spots in his game that need to be developed (Balance, Vision, Instinct)...Hence the 5th round grade.

KW could end up being a pretty nice player, but comparing him to those mentioned above is setting the bar excessively high.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

With the exception of maybe Blount, those comparisons are a little over the top. Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders were physically inferior in many ways to other RBs. Stephen Hill compared athletically with Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss...Physical comparisons don't mean much without production.

I've said before that I like this pick, he's good on ST's and a nice project to work on at RB...but people are getting carried away. He was replaced by Cook this year at FSU, and it was no contest who the better RB was. His stats look nice on paper, but he had some serious weak spots in his game that need to be developed (Balance, Vision, Instinct)...Hence the 5th round grade.

KW could end up being a pretty nice player, but comparing him to those mentioned above is setting the bar excessively high.

being replaced by dalvin cook isn't really a knock against karlos- dalvin cook is a future 1st round draft pick. but i agree with you.

He's not a starter. He's backup material.

All I know is that if McCoy goes down, and he's been relatively durable, that we're left with crap that netted us bottom 10 rushing performance last season. That's not good.

If McCoy stays healthy and Cassel starts, I'm expecting either an 11 or 12 win season.

Oh yeah, Manuel and the McCoy trade sure proved that.

All I know is that people consistently make definitive statements that prove to be wrong. For all we know, he could turn out to have a better career than the UDFA Fred Jackson or he won't survive training camp. I guess we'll see. but he has to be better than Jackson, right?

being replaced by dalvin cook isn't really a knock against karlos- dalvin cook is a future 1st round draft pick. but i agree with you.

i agree. Elite cfb programs like that always want to get their recruits on the field ASAP because it helps them continue recruiting at a high level. Schools like FSU have 4 and 5 star RBs lining the bench. Cook may be indeed be a better RB; he's also a different type of RB. Karlos could be a really good scheme fit here, whether or not he gave up carries to Cook at FSU.

Karlos Williams has better measurements than Carlos Hyde, who the Bills tried to trade up for with a 2nd round pick.

He is bigger, just as strong, a bit faster...and he compared to players like Gurley, Blount and Bell.

I will keep saying this, as far as *overall physical talent* goes, it is, in my opinion...

1. McCoy

2. Williams

3. Brown

4. Jackson/Dixon

(They set out to make every position better 2 years ago, and that is exactly what they have done, at most spots...especially RB, WR, TE, CB...aka "playmakers.")

interestingly, Carlos Hyde was also accused of hitting a female the summer before his senior season, but was not charged. He was suspended 3 games for it.

I don't care what the so called experts say - Monos and Whaley know what they're doing. I'm not saying they won't make a mistake - but they are clearly expert talent evaluators. I think Dez Lewis is poised to make this team and could be a nice find as well.

Yes, the same crew who:

- Valued EJ Manuel as a first round pick

- Gave up a first rounder to move up 5 spots in the draft

- Felt Bryce Brown was worth a 4th round pick

#experts

Yes, the same crew who:

#experts

Yes those same guys. You don't have to be perfect to be an expert - are you not happy with the roster they've put together? If not, you'd be in the minority.

i think he could beat out Bryce Brown because he plays ST. If Brown looks really good in TC, he might go to PS. I don't think fred or Dixon will be cut.

that's it, the ST angle differentiates Karlos; the Bills would not have burned a 5th round pick on a RB in an already crowded backfield if the FO did not see things they really like w/ Williams, esp. in this year's lean draft for the Bills

Yes, the same crew who:

#experts

-not whaley

- fair cop we shall see

- insurance and worth a shot ? I felt BB was worth a 4th at the time.

- better than you and me #fact

It wouldn't shock me to see this guy on the practice squad. I'm not sure we have enough roster spots for a 5th round project with good measurables.

I would imagine this 5th rounder would get picked up by another team. Once you get to fifth round picks it's iffy, but the fact he can be a role player, a demon on special teams, a back up RB, a short yardage back and potential down the road I don't think he would last.

Edited by Kelly the Dog