Pats** CB situation is confusing

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Brady gets suspended for 8 games... this leaves the Pats on the road to Tankville!!! It takes longer to master offense... so pile up the offense now. Next year they will draft a QB to sit and tons of Defense.

It all points to the Pat tanking like Indy!!

. Be great to see them finish worse record and lose the top pick

Their pass defense has been ropey for a while, save for last year when they brought Browner and Revis in. I dunno... if the Brady suspension sticks at 4 games maybe this is the year when they get off to a ropey start and do not recover to 11 wins or more. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict they finish 9-7.

NE doing same as always, do not overpay for finesse players (db, wr. rb).

build the front 7's, find value on the trash heap for finesse positions.

How many Super Bowl have they won when they haven't had guys like Revis, Ty Law and Asante Samuel at CB?

I'm really confused by this. Granted, Rex managed to come on 6th overall last year with some of the worst DB play in the league, but his front 7 was amazing.

The Patriots were average on defense last year despite playing some of the worst offenses (The Jets and Bills) twice a year, and that was before losing Wilfork, Revis and Browner. The idea of cutting the next man down for so little money..

I don't get it.

Arrington just signed a 3yr deal with Ravens, so the reunion the Pats were reportedly looking for at lesser money won't be happening.

Can't say I saw NE getting rid of their top 4 CBs

Edited by YoloinOhio

Remember when Belicheat moved Troy Brown to CB? Good luck vs Sammy and No Mercy Percy, Julian Edelman!

Yeah...and I remember they winning a SB that year. Then there's the UDFA who stripped Lee Evans with an AFC championship on the line, and the rookie UDFA who saved a SB for them a few months ago. Face it....Belichick knows how to coach CBs.

Yeah...and I remember they winning a SB that year. Then there's the UDFA who stripped Lee Evans with an AFC championship on the line, and the rookie UDFA who saved a SB for them a few months ago. Face it....Belichick knows how to coach CBs.

sure he does. But he had all-pro CBs in those SB games too, not just scrubs. If he turns one of his WRs into a CB again which was what my post was about, I like my chances if I'm Sammy Watkins and I'm being covered by Danny Amendola. Right now his "best" corner is Logan Ryan who was the one who got torched whenever Revis's hammy would act up last year.

Kyle Arrington signs three-year contract with Ravens

Kyle Arrington wasn't out of work for long.

The Baltimore Ravens announced Wednesday they have signed the veteran slot corner, who was released by the New England Patriots on Monday. Financial terms of the deal have yet to be disclosed.

I'm still scratching my head as to why he was released by the Patriots. dunno.gif