QB Brandon Hill (Monmouth) coming in for Mini-Camp tomorrow

So I watched the vid and gotta say this kid Hill had some really big, good recievers to throw to.

I saw a lot of come backs, twists, stretches, great hands, and wide open catches made.

The plays also had a lot of 4 reciever sets.

Moved around in the poclet well, although there wasn't a lot of plays with too much pressure.

Not sure how deep he can get it (a lot of RAC yards)

Seems to have a good arm, not much hesitation on his throws.

Nothing against the kid, but I would suggest that without those recievers, he is not as succesful.

But for a UDFA look see, sure, migth be able to make the practice squad at least or beat out Tuel at best.

So I watched the vid and gotta say this kid Hill had some really big, good recievers to throw to.

I saw a lot of come backs, twists, stretches, great hands, and wide open catches made.

Moved around in the poclet well, although there wasn't a lot of plays with too much pressure.

Nothing against the kid, but I would suggest that without those recievers, he is not as succesful.

But for a UDFA look see, sure, migth be able to make the practice squad at least or beat out Tuel at best.

Is this the end of Tuel time ?

I know a small school but that kid can rip it if you ask me. Nice arm against any competition but will he be able to read a defense, avoid monster lineman in big boy league? I'm not sure but I like his gun.

Edited by seq004

I know a small school but that kid can rip it if you ask me. Nice arm against any competition but will he be able to read a defense, avoid monster lineman in big boy league? I'm not sure but I like his gun.

So he has the makings of JP?

Bills not addressing qb..... HAH!

I wouldn't get too excited about a competition at practice squad QB. The Austin kid was apparently so terrible today that they had to get on the phone and start calling ufa's. Not a good sign

Hmmmm....., He can throw it, big time.

"If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be and why?

Joe Flacco, because I watched him play growing up and try to mimic everything he did on the field.

What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it?

My aunt passing away from breast cancer is the hardest thing I have ever had to overcome. We were extremely close and also it stuck her within a month time frame. She told me to just

My understanding of the game, and breaking down defenses."

http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/draft-diamonds-prospect-interview-brandon-hill-qb-monmouth-university/

He has a live arm that's for sure, would be nice to find our own Tom Brady.

The guy we SHOULD have invited was Rutgers QB GARY NOVA... The G-nats scooped him up instead... Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he passed Nassib on the depth chart...

Nova is wildly inconsistent, no thanks.

I wouldn't get too excited about a competition at practice squad QB. The Austin kid was apparently so terrible today that they had to get on the phone and start calling ufa's. Not a good sign

I thought it was due to how many throws Trainor was making, not that they we're horrible throws. I may be wrong as I didn't have time to read all the blurbs and story lines from camp.

All I can say is .....Holy Crap! There are more people and sitting room at our high school games in Indian River. By the way we are state champs! But still. when I hear small school I guess I didn't realize they drew small crowds like that. Will he be able to hear a quiet day at the Ralph?

I thought it was due to how many throws Trainor was making, not that they we're horrible throws. I may be wrong as I didn't have time to read all the blurbs and story lines from camp.

The way coach Ryan was talking in our interview he threw a ton od passes and he needed a backup for the rookies. He said something about keeping Lee from killing him too.

Nova is wildly inconsistent, no thanks.

Yeah but his song "Life is just a fantasy" still rocks!

That's what it seemed like to me. But the Scared Lemur might have just been trying to be kind.

Edited by Doc

True his receivers got the job done but that was partly him leading them and generally showing good ball placement over all.

He's a big kid who throws a very receiver friendly catchable ball with good touch but I'm not sure I saw the zip that say Flacco can generate when he has to. I'm not sure about his deep ball either, not so much for accuracy but depth and velocity. These were things that Tom Brady was able to improve on so maybe with a similar frame this guy can too.

No harm in turning over every stone. Romo was undrafted.

He may be a fine QB, but those receivers were wide open.

I have seen lots of college ball receivers way more wide open. Think Baylor for example.