Brandon Spikes visiting Patriots: update - signed 1 yr deal

Any way to find out stats/rankings on how successful our run defense was with 7/8/9 in the box? I'm curious to find out if we were a stronger run defense with a base D (vs a base offense) or if we were equally successful with a nickel package (vs a 3wr offense)

Not that I know of, but I'm only familiar with standard team stat sites. I do know that the run D was worse in the second half of the season compared to the first (I exclude the Pats game since they rested a lot of starters).

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be more appropriate if he joins the fins because of how the Pats and Bills treated him. I dont think the pats will sign him until after the compensatory pick tally is final, and the bills likely wont either. With that said, I think Whaley's got the situation under control, and I'm sure he's been in meetings with spikes and is outlining his strategy so there are no hard feelings.

I think it's kind of like a girl that is dating a guy you don't like and she finally breaks up with him and starts dating you and tells you how much she loves you and how much of a jerk that other guy was. Then it just doesn't work out between you two for whatever reason and you break things off and she goes crawling right back to her ex! You just think wow that's kind of pathetic. No self respect :doh:

Well, it's a little pathetic for the girl to do that. There are a lot of fish in the sea, as the saying goes. In the NFL, there are only 32 fish in the sea, and a lot of them don't have a position for a guy with the strengths and limitations of Spikes. I suspect the Bills gave him a low ball offer (still a lot more than any of the posters here make) and he said he would look for $ suitable for a full-time player. Maybe we get him back, just to protect McCoy and Jackson by not having Spikes tackle them.

I think it's kind of like a girl that is dating a guy you don't like and she finally breaks up with him and starts dating you and tells you how much she loves you and how much of a jerk that other guy was. Then it just doesn't work out between you two for whatever reason and you break things off and she goes crawling right back to her ex! You just think wow that's kind of pathetic. No self respect :doh:

I don't see it like that at all. I see it as you're on your 1st date with a girl and because she was dumped by her ex is obviously mad and shouldn't be taken too seriously as she dogs him all night. Then after a short while she says I'd like to get serious and you say nah I'd rather keep this thing casual - so she goes out on a date (doesn't screw) with her ex boyfriend - and now your pissed beyond belief. Yikes you're a psycho.

Edited by Triple Threat

I don't see it like that at all. I see it as you're on your 1st date with a girl and because she was dumped by her ex is obviously mad and shouldn't be taken too seriously as she dogs him all night. Then after a short while she says I'd like to get serious and you say nah I'd rather keep this thing casual - so she goes out on a date (doesn't screw) with her ex boyfriend - and now your pissed beyond belief. Yikes you're a psycho.

Haha we are all creepers spying on this chick that went on one date with us. So is she gonna call me? I'll just drive by her house and see if she's home...

Can we put to rest the narrative of "spikes can't be worth anything since Belichik let him leave"

Belichick gives zero !@#$s. He welcomed Blount back with open arms when he needed a RB and he is doing the same for Spikes when he needs a lb even after less than a year ago he compared Belichik to a slavemaster.

It's business and get your money, but he is a complete clown if he goes back. I'm just glad I never fully stop hating him for his cheap shots when he was a Pat.

it makes me wonder how much more money the Pats* could possibly be offering him than the Bills for him to crawl back with his tail between his legs?

I like Spikes but I followed him on Twitter and he had no chill toward the pats, Belichik, pats fans, etc.

Edited by YoloinOhio

it makes me wonder how much more money the Pats* could possibly be offering him than the Bills for him to crawl back with his tail between his legs?

Are the Bills even offering him money? I think he is clown to go back after everything he has said, but it seems like it's been a dead market for him.

Are the Bills even offering him money? I think he is clown to go back after everything he has said, but it seems like it's been a dead market for him.

my impression is they have made him an offer for backup money and the ball us in his court. I didn't think they want to really negotiate with him but they do want him back on their terms. Whaley did say he hopes to sign him.

I can't wait to watch people lose their friggin' MINDS around here when Percy Harvin leaves Spikes in the dust and catches a TD pass in the middle of the field this year...

spiller actually did that to him in Foxboro 2 yrs ago