ESPN the Mag: LeSean McCoy Interview

LESEAN MCCOY'S SIX seasons in Philadelphia established him not only as a star -- he's the NFL's third-leading rusher since being drafted in 2009 -- but also as an icon for the Eagles. That changed in March, when the team shipped him to Buffalo, where he agreed to a five-year, $40 million deal. McCoy recently sat down with The Mag to discuss his trade to Buffalo, his impressions of coach Rex Ryan and whether there is a race issue with his former coach, the Eagles' Chip Kelly.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12827934/buffalo-bills-running-back-lesean-mccoy-discusses-race-chip-kelly-rex-ryan

*This is a Rodak article for those who may have an issue with that!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up at the end. I don't usually hold grudges, and I'm a pretty reasonable guy, but I really can't stand Rodak.

Thanks for the heads up at the end. I don't usually hold grudges, and I'm a pretty reasonable guy, but I really can't stand Rodak.

The guy just enjoys slanting everything negative.

Wonder how long ESPN would tolerate an avid Bills' fan writing negative things about the precious Pats*.

It is a good article. An excerpt:

You gave the impression when you first got here that you didn't feel like you were appreciated or wanted in Philadelphia.
I just think it was tough to be thinking every year, "Am I on the team? Am I off the team?" I guess here, it's like, "This is my team. They're giving me a lot of room to be the guy here." And that's how I like it. I want to be the guy that leads the team to victories.
Edited by YoloinOhio

For those that don't want to click because it's Rodak, it's not a normal stupid article. He just asks questions. It's all McCoy and some interesting, honest, provocative stuff. Nothing totally new but he says what he thinks. Really didn't want to come to Buffalo. Now he loves it. The only part I don't believe him is when he says now he has nothing against Chip because he clearly does.

For those that don't want to click because it's Rodak, it's not a normal stupid article. He just asks questions. It's all McCoy and some interesting, honest, provocative stuff. Nothing totally new but he says what he thinks. Really didn't want to come to Buffalo. Now he loves it. The only part I don't believe him is when he says now he has nothing against Chip because he clearly does.

He has to play him this year, I don't blame him. But he's right about the Philly fans. They LOVE him. Every time he posts something on social media they respond "please come back" "we miss you" lol

This was a good read. Shady is a pretty honest guy and doesn't hold back. I think that he will be the most outspoken guy to wear a Bills uniform in quite some time. I can't wait to get him out on the field.

180 degrees from CJ, personality wise?

Edited by YoloinOhio