ESPN the Mag: LeSean McCoy Interview

What ever anyone thinks of McCoy's comments, isn't he entitled to his opinion? Not according to Sullivan, apparently Mr. Sullivan believes players should be seen and not heard. Only Mr. Sullivan should express his opinion.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure which post you're referring to.

I am referring to the post that questions the keeping of Riley Cooper. I liked it.

And in the "surprises no one" department, Jerry Sullivan is critical of McCoy in today's editorial. I didn't click on it or read it, but I'm using my infinite powers of foreseeability.

I no longer read anything by him or Bucky. But saw the headline and first few sentences on front page. Suffice it to say, Mike Wilbon felt there was something there and it needed to be explored in more depth. He had no problem with Shady, but asmentioned by many, Rodak needed to follow up with clarifying questions. But Wilbon felt there was something there.

I have been reading Wilbon since late 80's, listening to him an radio since 94 and watching on PTI last 12 years. Suffice it to say, just a tad bit (sic)more intelligent than Sullivan, and his opinion holds way more gravitas with any intelligent person.

Isn't it possible that the way Chip runs the show might give off at least an element of racism in the eyes of McCoy? He should probably not talk about it but I don't dismiss that he felt treated differently. We werent there so we can't say it obviously isn't true. just because he replaced him with another black RB or drafted black players. The majority of the NFL is black, the notion of looking at how many white players he kept vs black doesnt mean much. He and desean Jackson and maybe others like Maclin felt the culture wasn't tolerant of their type of player/person. They felt railroaded by Chip on the way out. It was also mentioned by Frank Gore as a reason he chose not to go there. Maybe it's true, maybe not, we don't know. Clearly mccoy feels that way, desean and Tra Thomas. It is certainly possible Chip gives off vibes that make certain black players uncomfortable.

I don't really care if he talks about it since it's not the Bills coach.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Yolo, let me be the first to say I hate player interviews on TV and Radio. Almost always turn the channel when they are on. Long form printed interviews I tend to like, usually get a better sense of the subject and his thoughts.

That being said, I think most people like the athlete interviews when they speak in cliches, but betted pissed when the athlete voices an opinion that's either not aligned with theirs or goes against conventional wisdom.

I may be wrong, but I am thinking almost 100% of the people criticizing Shady do not look like Shady. Yep, 50 year old Sullivan , living in Buffalo via Boston , he has a good grasp on what a 27 year old black male has experienced in his life.

I am referring to the post that questions the keeping of Riley Cooper. I liked it.

I'm not going to tell someone what they should or shouldn't like, but I'm curious as to where you find value in the Riley Cooper comparisons.

Are you suggesting that anyone who retains a player who was caught using "the n word" is presumptively racist?

Or are you drawing some connection between the retention of Cooper and the dismissal & trade of Jackson and McCoy?

If it's the latter can you explain the connection, because I haven't seen anyone do so here or elsewhere?

Rob , I most likely did not make my point well, but I can see how keeping Cooper and getting rid of star black players can be perceived as racist. I am guessing now as a 52 year old white suburban guy, but I think as a young black male that would affend me.

Rob , I most likely did not make my point well, but I can see how keeping Cooper and getting rid of star black players can be perceived as racist. I am guessing now as a 52 year old white suburban guy, but I think as a young black male that would affend me.

I would agree if Cooper displayed the same behavior and conduct that caused the others to be released (which he may have, for all I know), but if Cooper's a good soldier who is respectful of the coach and the other guys are a pain in the ass, it seems awfully arbitrary to assume racial motivations.

FTR, I don't really have a problem with what McCoy said because I wasn't in the Eagles locker room and don't know how things transpired. I take issue with others who know as little about the situation as I do who are assuming racial motivations when the evidence they have suggesting that is flimsy at best.

I just tried this exercise and I encourage everyone to do it as well. I smeared black shoe polish all over my face and then looked in the mirror in the bathroom and almost instantly, Chip Kelly seemed like a racist to me. Weird. Let me know your results.

I just tried this exercise and I encourage everyone to do it as well. I smeared black shoe polish all over my face and then looked in the mirror in the bathroom and almost instantly, Chip Kelly seemed like a racist to me. Weird. Let me know your results.

:censored: Thanks a lot! I just tried it and though it didn't make me feel like Chip is a racist, it still did not go well. I didn't realize it was me until after I had already called the police about a strange black man loitering in the bathroom. That was hard to explain.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

My wife walked in on me and suddenly got all hot and bothered. Don't know what that was all about.

My wife walked in on me and suddenly got all hot and bothered. Don't know what that was all about.

The scent of shoe polish is like a pheromone to women. It's science...and it's settled.

Yolo, let me be the first to say I hate player interviews on TV and Radio. Almost always turn the channel when they are on. Long form printed interviews I tend to like, usually get a better sense of the subject and his thoughts.

That being said, I think most people like the athlete interviews when they speak in cliches, but betted pissed when the athlete voices an opinion that's either not aligned with theirs or goes against conventional wisdom.

I may be wrong, but I am thinking almost 100% of the people criticizing Shady do not look like Shady. Yep, 50 year old Sullivan , living in Buffalo via Boston , he has a good grasp on what a 27 year old black male has experienced in his life.

He's only 50? Yikes.

you might be old enough to have read " Black like me " i had forgotten all about till this funny ass post.

I lived in Atlanta Georgia in the late 60s and went to a military school. Suit and tie etc. all white of course.

then we moved to Leland Mississippi to a very rural area. with a black side of town and white side of town. i did not know any better still being a kid.

but the schooling (lack of ) was a setback that pained me going forward. Then we moved to Binghampton NY. now thats culture shock ! still pissed about it

Dont care if you are black white green or in between.

McCoy has an issue with being let go by philly.

he should get over it. part of being an adult.

Kujo speaks better then he does about being challenged.

just run with the ball Lesean thats all i want from you. oh and maybe catch a few : ) but please just stfu

The scent of shoe polish is like a pheromone to women. It's science...and it's settled.

if this is true.....

• 3 weeks later...