ESPN the Mag: LeSean McCoy Interview

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Fred and Mario need to tell LeSean 2 things...

...#1 that he's officially crossed over into looking like a jilted lover who won't shut up about it, and...

...#2 they'll knock his block off if he thinks they're going to let him harpoon their first real shot at the playoffs by creating a distraction filled season talking about Chip.

This team needs to get real with this guy and tell him enough is enough. LeSean may have a valid point, but it's become embarrassing. I'm starting to wish they didn't trade for him if he's going to be this much of a constant diva.

I mean, who is it embarrassing for? Bills fans? That's pretty selfish.

The guy has earned the right to speak his mind by being a star player. Agree or not, but that's how it goes. When a nobody talks, people say "who the heck is this guy, shut up and earn it on the field". Well this guy has earned it. We knew what we were getting when we brought him on board, the team is desperate to make him comfortable here, and he knows we're not going to shut him up. Rex and Whaley know we're lucky we even have him so they're going to deal with it. If you think about it, he's the closest thing we have to a star QB.

As for the fans on this board squirming because they're terrified of negative attention, I just don't really care. The man is an established star and veteran in this league and he feels like he was traded for some very shady (pun not intended) reasons. He's not the first star player to be traded by Kelly and there are apparently whispers from others in the league that agree with McCoy, who is the only one with the balls to speak out. Do you trust the NFL to handle it internally after the Rice incident. If anything, the Rice incident proved that the only way the NFL will act is if there is threat of public embarrassment.

There may not be any proof, but I know from experience that you know when somebody doesn't like you. You would tell your friends and they would say "really? what did they do? what did they say?". And you'll say "nothing, but I can just TELL that they don't like me". Sometimes it's all in the vibe. McCoy has had a lot of time to digest it and months later he's still talking about it.

If Kelly is really getting rid of star black players because he fears they'll talk back to him and he'll lose the locker room, well then, that should be out there. In my opinion solving social injustices are worth far more than having some negative attention affect the team. For me to tell McCoy to shut up because I get annoyed when players talk and it might affect our W-L column seems very petty and selfish to me when put into perspective.

There is going to be a lot of this. It's what happens when Rex Ryan is the coach. That's why so many here HATED him when he was with the Jets, remember?

If Kelly is really getting rid of star black players because he fears they'll talk back to him and he'll lose the locker room, well then, that should be out there. In my opinion solving social injustices are worth far more than having some negative attention affect the team. For me to tell McCoy to shut up because I get annoyed when players talk and it might affect our W-L column seems very petty and selfish to me when put into perspective.

Why is it a "social injustice" if the coach doesn't want guys questioning him, or challenging his authority?

I really doubt there is some kind of infringement on the player's rights going on. If Chip Kelly prefers guys that are quiet (McCoy is a loudmouth, d-bag in my opinion), and can be successful with them, more respect to him.

There are plenty of black players still on the Eagles roster.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I mean, who is it embarrassing for? Bills fans? That's pretty selfish.

The guy has earned the right to speak his mind by being a star player. Agree or not, but that's how it goes. When a nobody talks, people say "who the heck is this guy, shut up and earn it on the field". Well this guy has earned it. We knew what we were getting when we brought him on board, the team is desperate to make him comfortable here, and he knows we're not going to shut him up. Rex and Whaley know we're lucky we even have him so they're going to deal with it. If you think about it, he's the closest thing we have to a star QB.

As for the fans on this board squirming because they're terrified of negative attention, I just don't really care. The man is an established star and veteran in this league and he feels like he was traded for some very shady (pun not intended) reasons. He's not the first star player to be traded by Kelly and there are apparently whispers from others in the league that agree with McCoy, who is the only one with the balls to speak out. Do you trust the NFL to handle it internally after the Rice incident. If anything, the Rice incident proved that the only way the NFL will act is if there is threat of public embarrassment.

There may not be any proof, but I know from experience that you know when somebody doesn't like you. You would tell your friends and they would say "really? what did they do? what did they say?". And you'll say "nothing, but I can just TELL that they don't like me". Sometimes it's all in the vibe. McCoy has had a lot of time to digest it and months later he's still talking about it.

I think that McCoy’s embarrassing himself, not the Bills.
As for the charges, there’s the point of diminishing returns and I think he’s hit that point. The more he talks, the more people will think Chip was right to get rid of him.

I think it's more about him getting rid of certain personalities and Stars who maybe think they are special - desean, shady, Maclin. He wants it to be like a college program. No stars, all "team guys." Maybe it will work, maybe it won't.

Aaaand Shady's timing is impeccable as Deflate-gate drops the same day...

Betcha Roadhack didn't quite plan it that way

+1000. D-bag Rodak thought he had headlines for the entire day. Someone needs to let McCoy know that he's being used and should be careful who he shares his opinions with.

McCoy likes to talk, everyone knows this and the best way to deal with guys like this is to just let them talk

This is exactly correct. I don't mind when he talks and some people do. But either way, he likes to talk, he's a star, and people want to interview and ask him questions because of stuff like this.

what chip did was pretty dumb, foles, jackson, maclin, mccoy, brown all gone....

all those guys have tremendous talent, idk its just bizarre.

How do you know? The season hasn't played out yet. McCoy is already becoming a pain here, I can totally understand not wanting him around.

DeSean Jackson? Not hard to figure that one out.

NIck Foles blows.

Bryce Brown? Fumblitis

Edited by HoF Watkins

I didn't read the article but saw the quote on PFT. On the surface, it sounds idiotic. Coaches don't care if you're black, white, or purple. But McCoy seemed to be talking about a cultural thing. He didn't feel respected by Chip Kelly and this could be a real way certain players react. Remember, a lot of these players come from totally different cultural backgrounds. If you expect everyone to be like Andrew Luck (who grew up well-off) prepare to be disappointed.

I have no idea if this is the case, but this could be a reasonable way to read into McCoy's mind without making it seem like Chip just hates black players. And for those who say there are no differences take a look at the Brady at the derby photo. There are cliques and some are white and some are not. Let's not run our new runningback out of town just because he is saying he likes it here more.

Edited by jeffismagic

I think that Fred and Mario need to tell LeSean 2 things...

...#1 that he's officially crossed over into looking like a jilted lover who won't shut up about it, and...

...#2 they'll knock his block off if he thinks they're going to let him harpoon their first real shot at the playoffs by creating a distraction filled season talking about Chip.

This team needs to get real with this guy and tell him enough is enough. LeSean may have a valid point, but it's become embarrassing. I'm starting to wish they didn't trade for him if he's going to be this much of a constant diva.

And we lost all of the legend of kiko schtick.... Someone has to fill that void. We can't work with this sour grapes, my exlover hates Vietnamese people stuff... Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

180 degrees from CJ, personality wise?

He's a better all around rb but I wish he had Spiller's personality. McCoy hasn't been the most likable guy off the field in Philly. I loved the way Spiller handled his business and hope he rips it up in NO.

McCoy has simply embarrassed himself with his comments about Kelly. What he says about Kelly and race is factually factually wrong.

Probably. But when you keep Cooper and let very talented black players go, how do you think black players feel? Kelly just wants to win (thoguh he looks crazy this offseason). But it probably looks funny to black players.

with out getting into the details. i dont care for this stuff.

Even if it creates divisiveness within the Eagles room and McCoy is on revenge mission. maye especially so if thats his game.

just focus on football for now please