Why no consideration for Jeff Tuel?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuel is absolutely horrible. Every chance he's gotten to prove otherwise, he's failed. Turrible.

His arm strength is well below NFL standards.

Not that an ability to throw the ball is relevant to the QB position or anything.

Tuel is a complete non-factor people! Get over him. He's done before he begins.

Next!

Look guys, I am no fan boy of this player, and I had no knowledge of him. I absolutely couldn't understand why they didn't at least bring in a free agent to replace him, but after watching the tape, the kid has got a good arm. My question is, if he was brought in, why isn't he at least getting a fair shot?

because every other QB on the roster is better than him. Please stop with this nonsense. If any other organization thought he was starter worthy they would have signed him from our practice squad. This stuff isn't even funny anymore.

because every other QB on the roster is better than him. Please stop with this nonsense. If any other organization thought he was starter worthy they would have signed him from our practice squad. This stuff isn't even funny anymore.

It's kinda funny...

Marroone killed the kid. yet another check in the box for the evil Doug

Can really say a coach killed an UDFA QB though? No one had even heard of the kid until we signed him. Marrone is an idiot, no doubt...but I don't think Marrone is the reason he isn't that good...I just don't think is really very good.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Honestly the kindest thing we can do is to release him and let him try and find a new home elsewhere. He's clearly a distant #4 on the depth chart and our coaches already have their work cut out with EJ. Tuel is a good guy but he is not a solution for us now or anytime soon.

Can really say a coach killed an UDFA QB though? No one had even heard of the kid until we signed him. Marrone is an idiot, no doubt...but I don't think Marrone is the reason he isn't that good...I just don't think is really very good.

semi sarcasm 7. sorry to mislead you. a fellow who has been PS material probably is just PS good.

btw i once WAS a jeff tuel fan even after the Game.

Honestly the kindest thing we can do is to release him and let him try and find a new home elsewhere. He's clearly a distant #4 on the depth chart and our coaches already have their work cut out with EJ. Tuel is a good guy but he is not a solution for us now or anytime soon.

If they are not going to try to bring him up. then yes, let him go free.

He threw that 100 yard pick six, which really tarnished an otherwise decent game vs KC. I think he might be on different trajectory with his NFL career if that play could be erased from history.

Agreed. I remember that over the pick 6. Long TD passes had been sparse up to that point. He's short on talent and his arm strength is poor, but we love his blue collar nature.

Edited by SmokinES3

No.

As in: quite simply, no.

In his only NFL action, he completed a mere 44% of his passes, and threw two brutal INTs (way too many people forget him air-mailing Scott Chandler by 15 yards for an interception in his own territory that also lead to KC points). He was basically able to run the scripted plays without getting the team killed, and even managed to throw a nice TD to Goodwin. As soon as it came time to execute something he hadn't been practicing for a week, he was toast. This despite the fact that he was the benefactor of a 241-yard rushing performance that day.

There is no case whatsoever to say he's more accurate than EJ either.

Yes, he is more accurate than EJ. Check back later this season after watching EJ over throw all our open receivers until he gets benched again. That is if he even gets on the field.

Yes, he is more accurate than EJ. Check back later this season after watching EJ over throw all our open receivers until he gets benched again. That is if he even gets on the field.

Since when is 44.1% more accurate than 58.6%? Not only that but ....his yards per attempt, td to int ratio and rating are all worse also.

Tuel was really good two preseasons ago. He was used in a couple regular season games, then threw a pick near goal line for a quick 6. Ended up really being on the receiver because he slipped. Following year all the QB's sucked and got cut except EJ. Tuel was resigned and put on the practice squad were he remained. Tuel can throw down field, his accuracy gets bad when pressured which happened a lot here and in college. I for one have no problem giving them all a chance but see no way Cassel doesn't land the job if healthy. If that happens I could see EJ gone and Tuel backing him up with Tyrod Taylor sitting. Reason I say this is both are pocket QB's. If EJ wins Tyrod may win backup and other two cut. Offensive style and fit will drive who stays along with accuracy.