Deflate-gate investigation complete

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, that is what his lawyer is. Second, its not court ordered discovery. They could have made it as narrow as they wanted. Again, to not comply with any discovery if there is nothing to hide for the sake of making a point or not to set a precedent is bad lawyering. Which is why it didnt happen :doh:

They didn't comply with discovery for a reason, and its not to help other players while hurting his client lol.

I am not a lawyer so have no comment other than to say .... I guess we will have to wait and see what, if anything, becomes of this decision of theirs.

These are just the places they were caught cheating. I wonder what they've gotten away with? Something tells me that 30 years from now a fat balding Brady will be telling us all about the different tactics that were missed.

Not Brady but someone else.

Someone should pay Ernie Adams a few million dollars for a tell all memoir. They would easily make money on it. Would probably be a runaway best seller and shocker.

I really don't think he should get any more than two games for the actual infraction, but I have no idea how the league feels about his stubbornness regarding the investigation. That's the real wildcard here, and in my opinion, Roger needs to be very clear about how much that unhelpfulness went into his decision, in order to avoid questions about their title.

How much did they fine Lynch for not speaking to the media? You would think not cooperating with the investigation would be worse.

I'm curious about your opinion of the bottom line: from all the evidence you have heard, do you believe it is more likely than not that no member of the Patriots organization violated NFL rules?

Honestly, given the shoddy evidence provided, I wouldn't be confident answering that question either way.

I do believe the league will punish .... probably Brady, maybe the Pats, depending on how they feel about the possibility of dragging this on.

If they punish the Pats there is nothing the Pats can do about it. If they punish Brady, I would expect an appeal, at least.

Honestly, given the shoddy evidence provided, I wouldn't be confident answering that question either way.

I do believe the league will punish .... probably Brady, maybe the Pats, depending on how they feel about the possibility of dragging this on.

If they punish the Pats there is nothing the Pats can do about it. If they punish Brady, I would expect an appeal, at least.

Well considering the person that was likely the mastermind behind the whole thing didn't fully cooperate with the investigation, you're not going to get all the evidence needed.

Just saw this on PFT. So now Brady's agent is suggesting the NFL not only had a sting operation against New England, they have agendas in outcome of games and how they are staged.

This guy is really killing Brady now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/08/yee-hints-at-nfl-agendas-regarding-the-outcome-of-games/

WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT? His client is one of the biggest beneficiaries of this!

Just saw this on PFT. So now Brady's agent is suggesting the NFL not only had a sting operation against New England, they have agendas in outcome of games and how they are staged.

This guy is really killing Brady now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/08/yee-hints-at-nfl-agendas-regarding-the-outcome-of-games/

****. Just ban him for life now. :lol:

WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT? His client is one of the biggest beneficiaries of this!

An agent playing a lawyer is hilarious. He's destroying Brady's credibility worse than Tom did by not cooperating.

Of course the league tips the scale in favor of a team. Brady's been the beneficiary of it for years so he would know best.

Edited by The Wiz

Well considering the person that was likely the mastermind behind the whole thing didn't fully cooperate with the investigation, you're not going to get all the evidence needed.

Even if vetted text messages were provided, there are way too many other inconsistencies and discrepancies in this report to not be wary of it.

This is going to be fascinating.

If Goodell doesn't come down hard on the Pats**, there will be a very loud outcry from the masses. Not to mention that it would be quite hypocritical, given his past statements about integrity and punishment.

If he does come down hard on the Pats**, there is going to be an angry outcry from the Pats** organization, particularly from Kraft. There will be challenges, appeals, many defiant and angry words. And who knows what that would mean to the relationship between Goodell and Kraft.

Either way, that's a ****-storm the NFL really doesn't want on its hands. It's going to have one or the other, it seems.

They'll split the baby: a six or eight game suspension, to appease the masses. Then lower it to 2-4 on appeal.

Even if vetted text messages were provided, there are way too many other inconsistencies and discrepancies in this report to not be wary of it.

Three sides to every story and one of them isn't going to be told so there's Wells' report and the truth. Brady can tell his side but he won't. What does that tell you?

An agent playing a lawyer is hilarious. He's destroying Brady's credibility worse than Tom did by not cooperating.

Conspiracy theory alert: Maybe he knows more then he is letting on. Brady was propped up by the league, and suddenly another (other) team(s) had enough and brought the issue up with the league. They forced Goodell to do something about it, and he doesn't want to admit they were favoring teams, because that would destroy the brand forever. Brady knows this, and he is willing to take the league down with him because he feels his legacy is being destroyed by a situation forced onto him by the league.

Three sides to every story and one of them isn't going to be told so there's Wells' report and the truth. Brady can tell his side but he won't. What does that tell you?

It's obvious. The league's out to frame Brady, so he won't cooperate with the report or the league. [/average Pats Fan.]

Not sure what it tells me to be honest. I would venture to guess, however, that after the Wells report needlessly made public the text messages of McNally's mother, I am sure Brady is thankful he didn't arm them with any additional ammo.

That we gave up an asset for a RB that could have been gotten by getting a similar RB in FA.

Totally disagree with your interpretation of the evidence, but when a punishment is announced and Brady chooses to appeal, Brady and the Pats will be forced to be much more forthcoming than they were in the preliminary investigation. My guess is that will not go well for them. Edited by Perry Turtle

!@#$ did we dodge a bullet or what

@realDonaldTrump: Tom Brady would have won if he was throwing a soccer ball. He is my friend and a total winner! @Patriots

It sends shivers down my spine that at one point I was imagining life with Trump as the Bills owner.

Not sure what it tells me to be honest. I would venture to guess, however, that after the Wells report needlessly made public the text messages of McNally's mother, I am sure Brady is thankful he didn't arm them with any additional ammo.

True. There's no telling how many other ways he is cheating. The NFL could have found out about more than just this one. Yikes, that would be bad.