MMQB draft analysis

No grades. No mention of Bills. But, critical of pats. Wait, what?

The explanation of what teams mean when they refer to BPA is worth reading. So scheme and team specific.

@theMMQB: Nope, no draft gradesjust some clear-headed analysis from our @Andy_Benoit

http://t.co/vKaEUTpZnrhttp://t.co/x4Dy2DYIu8

Edited by YoloinOhio, Today, 12:21 AM.

got a "this page doesn't exist"

the Washington Post gave them a C which was the lowest of the AFCE and the NYETS an A

Well, the JESTS did get arguably the best athlete in The Draft.

We won Free Agency. Who cares who won this weak-azz Draft.

There were 5 first round talents this year. Whaley chose the right battle to win.

IMO

our draft picks :lol:

And what about them - link?

Not a fan of grading drafts now but I get that the media has to produce something. You can get excited about a player, but to grade them without having scouted them, seen them play a snap in the pros or understanding a teams roster situation now and going fwd is pretty meaningless

Edited by YoloinOhio

"13. I think the Patriots’ draft will be blindly praised because that’s the standard protocol for analyzing any Patriots draft. I also think it’s hard to understand how the Patriots could go defense with all four of their Thursday/Friday selections and yet manage to avoid addressing their glaring need at cornerback."

I like this guy already.

Curious take on Manti Te'o. While my prediction of him not making the NFL proved incorrect, it does appear that the Chargers think he is a dud. Considering the hype he got pre-draft, he's not playing anywhere near his expectation.

Curious take on Manti Te'o. While my prediction of him not making the NFL proved incorrect, it does appear that the Chargers think he is a dud. Considering the hype he got pre-draft, he's not playing anywhere near his expectation.

hes been ok. But battled injuries all of his rookie year and early into second year. Production hasnt equaled where he was drafted yet. They traded up for him and took him ahead of Kiko fwiw. Edited by YoloinOhio

Best post-draft analysis I've ever read. Just insights and observations and no grades (which are ludicrous). Don't even care the Bills weren't mentioned.

my thoughts too - someone finally "gets it" and is willing to go against the lazy grain of pulling draft grades out of their you-know-what

my thoughts too - someone finally "gets it" and is willing to go against the lazy grain of pulling draft grades out of their you-know-what

This is pretty much Mike Mayock's mindset, as well. He gets visibly pissed when Rich Eisen and the others press him for a draft grade because they "have to ask". He thinks that draft grades are the dumbest thing ever...and he's right. The unwashed masses of the instant gratification world in which we live demand their favorite team's grades in order to make sense of players they've never even heard of before the draft. It's 'Football For Dummies' aimed at the casual fan.

"NFL Draft Analyst" has to be the best job in the sports broadcasting biz...absolutely no accountability -- it's as if anything you've said in the past is completely forgotten.

"NFL Draft Analyst" has to be the best job in the sports broadcasting biz...absolutely no accountability -- it's as if anything you've said in the past is completely forgotten.

like the 7000 mock drafts they put out that beyond the first few picks are always meaningless and wrong.

Next to weather forecaster