• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Package picks to move up into the 4th for Collins.I want him

No you don't.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Collins and his camp have determined that if he's not selected in the second or third round, he will refuse to sign a contract with an NFL club and resubmit his name for the 2016 NFL Draft.

So if Collins is true to his word, a team needs to pick him in the next 9 picks or he doesn't sign.

Pats have two picks left this round.....

I would take a flyer on La'el Collins in the 7th if he doesn't show up oh well. There are not a lot of open spots on this team and most likely a late rounder like Whaley said is not making this team.

I also wouldn't mind seeing them packaging some picks to move up to the 4th grab a DE/DT.

Edited by billieve420

I wouldn't mind trading the rest of our draft to get one of these 3rds to grab Collins, we'd walk out of a draft where we don't have a 1st with 2 1st round level talents and a guard.

I was thinking the same thing, but did the math. We are way short on "points" to do a trade into the third. Our value would only get us to pick 117 or 118 (in the fourth).

I wouldn't touch Collins with a 49 1/2-foot pole.

I'm not so sure it would matter. The Bills PR people could come out and say they won't sign him until the legal stuff clears up. The Bills don't need a lot of 7th round bodies anymore. The only reason to conserve late draft picks would be to snag a plummeting Petty or similar player.

No you don't.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Collins and his camp have determined that if he's not selected in the second or third round, he will refuse to sign a contract with an NFL club and resubmit his name for the 2016 NFL Draft.

I've read other reports that state he cannot re-enter the draft because he was a Sr. with no eligibility remaining. It will be interesting to see if he gets to UDFA territory.

Ugh. The Pats.

Got 3 picks for trading #97 to the Browns. Now they are back up.

Actually, they gave 2 to get three according to Field Yates:

Trade details: Patriots acquire picks 111, 147 and 202 in exchange for 96 and 219 (sent to Browns).

According to the draft chart, the Browns only paid a 3.33% premium to get the trade. 120 vs 116.

Ugh. The Pats.

Got 3 picks for trading #97 to the Browns. Now they are back up.

Who cares about the Pats. The draft isn't what makes them good. That's all mystique and no substance. There are two reasons the Pats have been good, brady and belichek. That's it.

Don't really know where this post should go, but Ozzie Newsome again proves why he is the best GM and drafter in the league, IMO. The Ravens, a playoff team, chose Breshad Perriman the deep threat, Maxx Williams the top TE, and then Carl Davis the DT in the two days. That's a great draft, although of course we don't know for a few years how these guys will turn out.

Happy with our picks

Darby was BPA and filled serious need for depth in secondary. It's a passing league and you can't stop adding to it. Blazing speed, won't get beat deep. Not big, but plays physical, excellent tackling technique. Will help in run support. Coachable. Just a great pick

Miller may not be a starter, but it's the correct strategy to throw another body into the mix. And at least his body is a real guard's body (6'2", 302 lbs). Not a too tall and heavy failed tackle, like they'd been trying.

These 2 picks and some of the FA moves, help to limit the damage of paying too much for Watkins

Happy with our picks

Darby was BPA and filled serious need for depth in secondary. It's a passing league and you can't stop adding to it. Blazing speed, won't get beat deep. Not big, but plays physical, excellent tackling technique. Will help in run support. Coachable. Just a great pick

Miller may not be a starter, but it's the correct strategy to throw another body into the mix. And at least his body is a real guard's body (6'2", 302 lbs). Not a too tall and heavy failed tackle, like they'd been trying.

These 2 picks and some of the FA moves, help to limit the damage of paying too much for Watkins

So drafting a guy ranked about 75th and a ranked about 100 minimizes the damage of acquiring the top ranked player on your board over a 3 year window? Got it

So drafting a guy ranked about 75th and a ranked about 100 minimizes the damage of acquiring the top ranked player on your board over a 3 year window? Got it

It's frustrating as fans to look a mock draft boards and get riled up when a player "rated much higher" is passed over. I think we'll have to get used to the thought that their picks were scheme-specific choices rather than absolute value picks.

Maybe that's a good thing as it will be more like plugging a round peg into a round hole...

It's frustrating as fans to look a mock draft boards and get riled up when a player "rated much higher" is passed over. I think we'll have to get used to the thought that their picks were scheme-specific choices rather than absolute value picks.

Maybe that's a good thing as it will be more like plugging a round peg into a round hole...

I don't hate the picks. I don't love them either. It was more of a comment on lessening the damage of acquiring Watkins. Getting a couple of role players offsets the problem of acquiring a superstar.

I don't hate the picks. I don't love them either. It was more of a comment on lessening the damage of acquiring Watkins. Getting a couple of role players offsets the problem of acquiring a superstar.

Miller isn't Gabe Jackson, but he's not far behind. I think you'll really like him.

. Getting a couple of role players offsets the problem of acquiring a superstar.

That was a flawed position anyway. There is never a problem associated with acquiring a superstar.

Those guys come along every ten years or so, while the "average" NFL player can be acquired each spring...

That was a flawed position anyway. There is never a problem associated with acquiring a superstar.

Those guys come along every ten years or so, while the "average" NFL player can be acquired each spring...

Exactly

Miller isn't Gabe Jackson, but he's not far behind. I think you'll really like him.

I hope so.