DJ Swearinger on the block; update-waived/claimed by TB

Any indication as to why? He's been a solid contributor to them since he was drafted in 2013.

my guess as an outsider (maybe someone who lives in houston knows more) is that safety is a hot commodity right now with several needy teamsand it is a bad safety draft.Houston might think they can get a haul.

my guess as an outsider (maybe someone who lives in houston knows more) is that safety is a hot commodity right now with several needy teamsand it is a bad safety draft.Houston might think they can get a haul.

I think you may be right Yolo. All indications I have are that the Texans like him.

Thanks, I was just a little confused as to why they would given that they just signed their proposed starter next to him in Rahim Moore. The depth behind the two is non-existent.

• 2 weeks later...

He wasn't that great last year, he graded out in the bottom 10 of 87 safteys according to PFF. Maybe he'd be a better fit in Ryan's system but I'd be cautious.

Perhaps he doesn't like being viewed as a "niche player"?

Again, I love this player. He was a beast in college and while he's struggled in the pros, he's very young. I'd salivate over having him learn under Rex Ryan and Donnie Henderson - I really hope this happens.

Agreed. He's an absolute enforcer as an in the box safety