Voluntary veteran mini-camp

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: We put in 10 more defenses on Day 2 of minicamp

@viccarucci: Rex Ryan: "This just in: I am really happy we signed Jerry Hughes. It's rare you've got to pull a guy from practice bc he's ruining practice

@viccarucci: Ryan: Hughes would have had 6-7 sacks in a game.

@viccarucci: Ryan: "Every time I look out there, I say, 'Woof,' we are loaded."

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: Preston Brown has been around the game. Coach's kid. Comes off pretty easy.

@SalSports: Rex on Preston Brown calling D signals (smiling): "Oh God, I didn't realize he was only 22. Now I'm nervous."

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: Marquise Goodwin has been very impressive to me.

@SalSports: Rex on Robert Woods: "Great route runner, very instinctive. Knows how to get open, set people up. Goodwin win has been REALLY impressive."

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: Hughes plays bigger than his frame. Can play DE or OLB. Great pass rushers has a feel for it, and he has it.

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: Hughes is like a pitcher with four-five pitches. Nightmare to go up against.

TOO...MUCH...EXCITEMENT!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not shocked with hearing Rex rave about Goodwin. I remember Goodwin working Cromartie a few years ago, forcing him to play off and nuking his way to 6-8 yard gains. Cromartie then played press...and Goodwin just outran him for a deep TD.

Goodwin provides a LOT of value for a team that wants to run the ball. He keeps the safeties away from the line of scrimmage.

You can tell Rex really loves Tyrod.

Based on the video of that first interview, I agree. He had better things to say about Cassel, but he actually lit up when talking about TT. It's kind of crazy how wide open the QB race is.

they said Kuandjoie was at RT and LT today... So I guess we know how that went ;)

2 years ago, when Hughes arrived from Indy, there were reports that Cordy Glenn was "regressing" because Hughes was eating his lunch in practice...Glenn went on to allow a mere 1.5 sacks that year.

Last offseason, it was "get well soon Cordy Glenn", because Henderson was getting owned by Hughes in practice...Henderson went on to start every game at RT and played pretty well for a 7th round rookie.

We can only hope that Kouandjio is on a similar "trial by Jerry Hughes fire" career path.

2 years ago, when Hughes arrived from Indy, there were reports that Cordy Glenn was "regressing" because Hughes was eating his lunch in practice...Glenn went on to allow a mere 1.5 sacks that year.

Last offseason, it was "get well soon Cordy Glenn", because Henderson was getting owned by Hughes in practice...Henderson went on to start every game at RT and played pretty well for a 7th round rookie.

We can only hope that Kouandjio is on a similar "trial by Jerry Hughes fire" career path.

Lets face it

The trade with the colts may have been one of the very best trades we have ever done in Bills history.....followed by one of the start resiging in free agent moves in NFL history due to Hughes just coming into his prime

A true feather in Doug Whaley's cap

I know that some people here (KTD & I at least) believe that Rex may use Goodwin some.

One of the first things Rex said, maybe the first, about what he saw on the field was the speed out there. After talking about Goodwin the next day, it's reasonable to assume that he was talking specifically about Goodwin (and a couple others). I think also that Rex and Roman understand what affect guys like Goodwin have on defenses more than your average fan does.

Goodwin suffered from a combination of not being able to stay healthy and Marrone's Disease. He could have played a lot more last year.

I think Rex Roman has visions of putting Watkins, Harvin, and Goodwin out there at the same time, and then just running or throwing dump offs to Shady as well as throwing downfield. I would rather have Goodwin than Hogan, although it's somewhat of a risk.

Head Coach Rex Ryan talks about what he's seen from Linebackers Preston Brown and Nigel Bradham.

Head Coach Rex Ryan talks about what likes about the Bills wide receivers including one player you don't want to sleep on.

The Bills quarterback talks about establishing relationships with the receivers, being excited about the potential of the team, and competing for the starting job.

Head Coach Rex Ryan talks about day two of veteran minicamps and mentions few players who have stood out including one player he had to take off the field.

The Bills cornerback talks about having his fifth year option picked up by the Bills, feeling healthy entering the offseason workouts, and how the familiarity with the other defensive backs will help with the new defense scheme.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

One of the first things Rex said, maybe the first, about what he saw on the field was the speed out there. After talking about Goodwin the next day, it's reasonable to assume that he was talking specifically about Goodwin (and a couple others). I think also that Rex and Roman understand what affect guys like Goodwin have on defenses more than your average fan does.

Goodwin suffered from a combination of not being able to stay healthy and Marrone's Disease. He could have played a lot more last year.

I think Rex Roman has visions of putting Watkins, Harvin, and Goodwin out there at the same time, and then just running or throwing dump offs to Shady as well as throwing downfield. I would rather have Goodwin than Hogan, although it's somewhat of a risk.

Trust me, I really hope the Bills have visions of running defenses ragged out there.

Anyone else wonder if Rex's comments about Goodwin are to boost value for potential trade? How many snaps will Goodwin see with Sammy, Woods, Harvin, Clay, and McCoy on the field?

Don't forget we are more or less renting Harvin for the year. I see Harvin having such a great year that we cannot afford him next year or he doesn't have a good year and we cannot afford him. There has to be some thought that Goodwin can take his role as the #3 WR and KR once Harvin moves on. Plus, Harvin has quite the injury history, too.