Camero Takes Out Pickup and Semi

LB3

Dbag camaro driver tries to pass a pickup by going on the grass median somewhere on the Thruway near Buffalo and wrecks the pickup and a semi. The guy in the camaro was probably pissed that the pickup boxed him in...or maybe he was listening to the same thing on the radio that the guy with the dash cam was and just couldn't take it anymore....

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/road-rage-camaro-hole-wrecks-himself-big-rig-152600490.html

I feel bad for the trucker.

The other two are irredeemable !@#$s. I'm not even sure who's worse - the Camaro driver thinking the road is his and his alone, or the pickup driver going out of his way to play amateur traffic cop and piss off the Camaro driver.

The other two are irredeemable !@#$s. I'm not even sure who's worse - the Camaro driver thinking the road is his and his alone, or the pickup driver going out of his way to play amateur traffic cop and piss off the Camaro driver.

Good point.

I am going to have to side w/the IROC... A LITTLE. All three are wrong. The pick-up could have passed, the truck could have slowed down, etc... BUT, the pick-up shouldn't have instigated it. Why would the pick-up not pass the truck? You are supposed to stay in the right lane on the Thruway unless passing.

Hey... They picked up the spare! :wallbash:

Well that and the camaro guy was drunk

That wasn't in the posted story. But I found it in another one. BAC of .19. That's...actually kind-of impressive, that he handled his car as well as he did. Though he certainly wins the "bigger !@#$" award for that alone.

I still want to punch the pickup driver, though.

That wasn't in the posted story. But I found it in another one. BAC of .19. That's...actually kind-of impressive, that he handled his car as well as he did. Though he certainly wins the "bigger !@#$" award for that alone.

I still want to punch the pickup driver, though.

No doubt. Playing that kind of game on the road just isn't worth it. You have no idea who that person behind you is. I know I've done things along those lines, but I would have given up with that quickly with as all that camaro guy was doing.

Louis CK does a good comic standup routine that fits this nicely. People get behind the wheel of a car and do things not remotely acceptable in society and would never do face to face with someone. I guess it's like the internet troll syndrome. Some people think they are anonymous and can get away with being a d-bag.

This^^

But why wouldn't the truck slow down and let them pass? And then the guy filming... They are hanging in the left lane too. Isn't the Thruway "Keep Right."

Not really. NY state requires "slower" moving traffic to keep right. The "slower" definition is not well defined.

Not really. NY state requires "slower" moving traffic to keep right. The "slower" definition is not well defined.

This started me thinking about how does one signal to the slower driver that they are impeding the flow of traffic and should move to the right hand lane. Personal experience, when I have someone crowding my ass I take that as the signal and move over. As our dash cam video above shows, the pickup driver interpreted the camero driver as being an aggressive jerk and decided to retaliate by blocking them in. In my younger I may have done the same thing, now I just move over and forget about it.

My question is, what is the correct way to get the driver ahead of you to recognize the fact they are impeding traffic and should move over? (Assuming there is no other way to pass the slower vehicle and there is a right lane to move over into) A lot of drivers get all defensive and retaliate which is why I don't crowd people anymore either. Even flashing your lights can be interpreted as being an aggressive jerk?

This started me thinking about how does one signal to the slower driver that they are impeding the flow of traffic and should move to the right hand lane. Personal experience, when I have someone crowding my ass I take that as the signal and move over. As our dash cam video above shows, the pickup driver interpreted the camero driver as being an aggressive jerk and decided to retaliate by blocking them in. In my younger I may have done the same thing, now I just move over and forget about it.

My question is, what is the correct way to get the driver ahead of you to recognize the fact they are impeding traffic and should move over? (Assuming there is no other way to pass the slower vehicle and there is a right lane to move over into) A lot of drivers get all defensive and retaliate which is why I don't crowd people anymore either. Even flashing your lights can be interpreted as being an aggressive jerk?

You sure as hell don't want to do the light flash at night. There's nothing like a good blinding to piss off another driver.

That's a good question, and like most people, if you ever find the answer out, please let me know.

But, according the NYS Drivers manual, there is this:

"Being Passed

If another vehicle passes you on the left, decrease speed slightly and keep to the right. When the vehicle has safely passed and is ahead of you, continue your normal speed. If you find that you are being passed on the right by many vehicles, you should move into the right lane and allow them to pass you on the left."

http://dmv.ny.gov/about-dmv/chapter-6-passing

As for what is considered aggressive driving: just the fact somebody else is driving besides "them" will piss people off.

Thoughts

- The object at the end of the day is to get from point a to point b alive. Would it have been THAT much of a travesty to let the camero make the cut so he is moving on and kiling himself somewhere else?

- If I was in the filming care I would have drafted Waaaay back from this.....a disaster waiting to happen.

- Camero driver is eventually going to kill themselves...u just hope that he doesnt do it in a accident with someone u care about

the pick up truck is a dick in this game, so is the guy recording...they seemingly had ample time to move to the right before they got to the big rigs. then like you point out he takes it upon himself to put in place a rolling speed block. Sure the camaro was a dick for passing on the shoulder but the pick up caused that with his moronic actions.

the pick up truck is a dick in this game, so is the guy recording...they seemingly had ample time to move to the right before they got to the big rigs. then like you point out he takes it upon himself to put in place a rolling speed block. Sure the camaro was a dick for passing on the shoulder but the pick up caused that with his moronic actions.

I'm not saying the pickup driver isn't a dick, but if you watch again, you can see another car not very far in front of the pickup that the Camaro is trying to slide between when there isn't enough space to do it. It doesn't appear that the pickup speeds up and starts to play cop until after the Camaro nearly runs him off of the road by merging into the front right of his truck. The Camaro was trying to force the pickup to slam in his breaks and let him in.

I thought the signs were: "Keep right unless passing" Whenever being passed, you should concede and slow down (vehicle in the right, ie: truck), The vehicle passing should make the pass, which the pick-up was clearly not doing.

There is a reason why old cars didn't need a passenger door mirror (dual mirrors).

yeah, while you can't see what is ahead of the pickup, he and the dash cam guy were in that left lane without making much progress on catching up to the trucks in the right hand lane. they were clearly cruising at almost equal speed(until the camaro comes up ). there should NEVER be a caravan in the left lane traveling at the same speed as the right lane drivers.....may not be in the driving rules but they are in MY driving rules book....get over, let the faster cars pass, then go back to the left lane when traffic has passed and cleared.

I'm not saying the pickup driver isn't a dick, but if you watch again, you can see another car not very far in front of the pickup that the Camaro is trying to slide between when there isn't enough space to do it. It doesn't appear that the pickup speeds up and starts to play cop until after the Camaro nearly runs him off of the road by merging into the front right of his truck. The Camaro was trying to force the pickup to slam in his breaks and let him in.