Camero Takes Out Pickup and Semi

LB3

The camaro guy is a idiot. I see these guys all the time on I5 in cali. A few cars lined up in the left lane passing the big rig in the right. But not quite fast enough for the narcissistic ahole sliding up the right land and ducking into the left at the last second. This causing all the reasonable, patient people in the left lane to hit the brakes and thus slowing traffic down. All for what? So some !@#$ in a psuedo half assed sports car (Camaro pos. Probably one of the ugliest sports cars on the road btw if I may interject personal taste) can get somewhere just a bit faster. When I'm in the position that the pick up was in I just keep a consistent speed. I don't speed up but I'm certainly not going to slow down for the asshat. What I won't do is slow down and box the guy in. That makes you worse than him. Should that guy in the Camaro get charged with wreckless or careless? I hope he does and his insurance rates triple.

Edited by Dante

I have noticed, taking the turbo to work... Especially on day shift (8-4) and the normal traffic grind... I do get to work a lot faster than with the Jeep (about 10 minutes). Sure there are faster vehicles on the road... But it is so easy to get "separation" and find the open road against a majority of vehicles. Such night and day opposites both vehicles. One's a bobsled and the other a buckboard.

yeah, while you can't see what is ahead of the pickup, he and the dash cam guy were in that left lane without making much progress on catching up to the trucks in the right hand lane. they were clearly cruising at almost equal speed(until the camaro comes up ). there should NEVER be a caravan in the left lane traveling at the same speed as the right lane drivers.....may not be in the driving rules but they are in MY driving rules book....get over, let the faster cars pass, then go back to the left lane when traffic has passed and cleared.

That's the thing, you CAN see that there is another car in front of the pickup who was going faster than the truck in the right lane but not much faster. You can tell that based on how fast they pass the Honda Fit. Maybe the car in front of the pickup should have gotten over in the right lane between the Fit and the truck that were distanced approximately 50-60 yards apart and going slower than them, but even that's a stretch.

As for the the pickup and the guy with the dash cam, you think they should have just known that the drunk a$$hole wanted to get around the guy in front of both of them them more than him? You think they should have slowed down and got in the right lane so that he could drive just as slowly as they were driving behind the car? The Camaro was most likely behind the dash cam car, tried to get in the right lane and speed in hopes of passing the slow car in front of the pickup, and couldn't. So he swerved and almost took out the Camaro.

The more I think about it, the less I think the pickup driver is a dick. I'd be pretty mad too if some a$$hole pulled that crap and almost ran me off the road. Prior to the roadblock, there was really nothing he could do.