Greg Hardy suspended 10 games; update: Reduced to 4

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the press release:

"The NFL’s investigation concluded that Hardy violated the Personal Conduct Policy by using physical force against Nicole Holder in at least four instances. First, he used physical force against her which caused her to land in a bathtub. Second, he used physical force against her which caused her to land on a futon that was covered with at least four semi-automatic rifles. Third, he used physical force against her by placing his hands around Ms. Holder’s neck and applying enough pressure to leave visible marks. And fourth, he used physical force to shove Ms. Holder against a wall in his apartment’s entry hallway."

Sounds like a nice guy...

According to the press release:

"The NFLs investigation concluded that Hardy violated the Personal Conduct Policy by using physical force against Nicole Holder in at least four instances. First, he used physical force against her which caused her to land in a bathtub. Second, he used physical force against her which caused her to land on a futon that was covered with at least four semi-automatic rifles. Third, he used physical force against her by placing his hands around Ms. Holders neck and applying enough pressure to leave visible marks. And fourth, he used physical force to shove Ms. Holder against a wall in his apartments entry hallway."

Sounds like a nice guy...

Some things I'd like to know:

- Did he admit this, and if not, what was the source of this info?

- If true, was he the aggressor? Was he pushing around a woman who wanted to be left alone or was he pushing away an aggressive woman who wouldn't leave him alone?

The answers to these questions are necessary to form a fair opinion of the interaction.

It will be interesting to see if he can stay out of trouble all the way until the end of November. He can take part in off-season and training camp activities, which I presume he gets paid for now, but he'll be facing a few months of no NFL paychecks. Wonder how he is financially.

- If true, was he the aggressor? Was he pushing around a woman who wanted to be left alone or was he pushing away an aggressive woman who wouldn't leave him alone?

The answers to these questions are necessary to form a fair opinion of the interaction.

He was found guilty of those charges. He doesn't really dispute them - he just says the woman was the aggressor not him.

So 6 games then?

CBF

Given how highly visible this is and the botched job they did reacting to the Ray Rice incident, I doubt they lessen this.

Edited by scribo

He was found guilty of those charges. He doesn't really dispute them - he just says the woman was the aggressor not him.

If she was the aggressor he should have been found not guilty and no penalty should be imposed. I'm curious what the evidence to the contrary is.

A fair question. Also from the release:

"The NFL’s investigation involved numerous interviews with witnesses and experts, a review of hundreds of pages of court records, documents and exhibits, photographs, police reports, medical records, and reports and opinions of medical experts retained by Hardy’s attorneys and by the NFL office."

From what I gathered, Hardy pled not guilty, and was subsequently found guilty by a state court judge. Hardy then appealed, and was granted a jury trial, which was later dismissed, as the victim had “made herself completely unavailable” for purposes of the trial. In other words, she settled.

Edited by Rocky Landing

A fair question. Also from the release:

"The NFLs investigation involved numerous interviews with witnesses and experts, a review of hundreds of pages of court records, documents and exhibits, photographs, police reports, medical records, and reports and opinions of medical experts retained by Hardys attorneys and by the NFL office."

From what I gathered, Hardy pled not guilty, and was subsequently found guilty by a state court judge. Hardy then appealed, and was granted a jury trial, which was later dismissed, as the victim had made herself completely unavailable for purposes of the trial. In other words, she settled.

The NFL's response sounds like a long winded way of saying "we went with her version of the story just because."

This whole thing stinks. It looks like Hardy's being made to take the punishment for the sins of Ray Rice.

If she was the aggressor he should have been found not guilty and no penalty should be imposed. I'm curious what the evidence to the contrary is.

Eleven hours of testimony. Who had what injuries, etc. Seems the fact that he outweighs her by nearly 200 pounds played a role in convincing the judge of his guilt. Hardy claimed she was on coke, but tests disproved that. The judge said if he wanted the altercation to end, he could have ended it without literally throwing her around the house.

Eleven hours of testimony. Who had what injuries, etc. Seems the fact that he outweighs her by nearly 200 pounds played a role in convincing the judge of his guilt. Hardy claimed she was on coke, but tests disproved that. The judge said if he wanted the altercation to end, he could have ended it without literally throwing her around the house.

I think that's 100% true. That's the problem. Being bigger and stronger than someone doesn't give them the right to attack you, not does it impose upon you a duty to retreat from a place your lawfully allowed to be.

And unless she took the drug test that night it doesn't disprove anything.

I think that's 100% true. That's the problem. Being bigger and stronger than someone doesn't give them the right to attack you, not does it impose upon you a duty to retreat from a place your lawfully allowed to be.

And unless she took the drug test that night it doesn't disprove anything.

Disarming a woman attacking you with a weapon is one thing. Throwing her around your apartment like the Undertaker delivering choke slams is something completely different. It doesn't matter the situation, there's simply no excuse for that.

Disarming a woman attacking you with a weapon is one thing. Throwing her around your apartment like the Undertaker delivering choke slams is something completely different. It doesn't matter the situation, there's simply no excuse for that.

That's bull ****, man. If he beat the **** out of her I'd agree that it doesn't matter if she were the aggressor, but that didn't happen. If someone is charging you and physically imposing their will upon you, pushing them off is both legally and morally justifiable, even if the aggressor has a vagina.

The NFL's response sounds like a long winded way of saying "we went with her version of the story just because."

This whole thing stinks. It looks like Hardy's being made to take the punishment for the sins of Ray Rice.

It sounds like you are making some grand assumptions "just because."

It sounds like you are making some grand assumptions "just because."

Where are my assumptions? I'm looking at the facts and asking how they got to their conclusion. The only answer they've given is what you posted, which said a lot of nothing. Isn't he the one who called the cops on her? Is there any evidence that he was the aggressor other than her story?

Edited by Rob's House