Lack of home primetime games - per Bills NOT by request

Much like when we complain about bad media predictions... we have to earn respect. If we start winning, we'll get said home primetime games. It's not exactly a mystery.

Buffalo is a small market team, and the team with the longest playoff drought. We're not exactly a big ticket right now.

Ding!!!

The last MNF game at the Ralph was the most exciting game I have ever been to, and the loudest and most electric I have ever seen the Ralph. I watched the tape of the televised version and you could even feel it watching on TV. The NFL knew that and still didn't give the Bills other games.

I think I'm the only person who dislikes the primetime games.

especially home ones? man, i dont like having to rush out of work, then be out til super later only to have work again a few hours later. out of towners have to take multiple days off work...

i get the novelty of it once in awhile, but being here in new orleans its multiple every year and its not near as entertaining as some of you prime time starved fans make it sound.

The last MNF game at the Ralph was the most exciting game I have ever been to, and the loudest and most electric I have ever seen the Ralph. I watched the tape of the televised version and you could even feel it watching on TV. The NFL knew that and still didn't give the Bills other games.

wasnt that game also described as totally surreal in the parking lot? i remember thunder dome type references and some sort of incident with the cowboys bus? i dont remember 100%.... its good to be electric, but bad if it gets tooooo far down that road. that game may have been a case study in each.

I did a little analysis of Thursday Night Football results, and was mildly surprised. The home team has a record of 44 and 36 on TNF since it began in 2006. This does not include season openers, as they're not on "short rest". A 55% win ratio is actually lower than the overall average for home teams which according to this study is just over 57% (at least for 2002-2011). Historically, players have also claimed playing on 3 days rest has led to more injuries but on January 29, 2015 the NFL released its health and safety report, which states that an average of 4.8 injuries were sustained during Thursday games compared to 6.9 injuries per game on Sundays and Mondays.

So statistically speaking, there's no difference between winning percentages for home teams on Sundays or Thursday. Someone could conduct an analysis of variance and see but my guess is its insignificant. So the problem is one more of respect and equity than competition. The distribution of these prime time games is unequal. And when the Bills get passed over for the Jags, who can't even sell out games, that's in our minds as Bills fans, disrespect. It's especially egregious when the team has a new owner who should have been thrown a bone here and with the offseason hype that has come with RR. If they're worried about ratings, make it a Pats game. I'm not crying about it because I'm more concerned about the 5-in-6 road game issue.

wasnt that game also described as totally surreal in the parking lot? i remember thunder dome type references and some sort of incident with the cowboys bus? i dont remember 100%.... its good to be electric, but bad if it gets tooooo far down that road. that game may have been a case study in each.

"Surreal" and "Thunderdome" are actual great words to describe it. ;)

And yes, there was an incident with the Cowboys bus but don't think it was all that bad. As far as television theatre goes though, for the NFL, it was a grand slam homerun. As well as for the vast majority of the people in the stadium. Until the onside kick and last second field goals, of course.

"Surreal" and "Thunderdome" are actual great words to describe it. ;)

And yes, there was an incident with the Cowboys bus but don't think it was all that bad. As far as television theatre goes though, for the NFL, it was a grand slam homerun. As well as for the vast majority of the people in the stadium. Until the onside kick and last second field goals, of course.

It's just semantics, but I believe the last Bills home MNF game was the Cleveland one. Where we lost on the missed field goal at the end.

That Dallas game was unreal though.

It's just semantics, but I believe the last Bills home MNF game was the Cleveland one. Where we lost on the missed field goal at the end.

That Dallas game was unreal though.

Yeah. You're right. The Dallas Game was 2007 and Browns 2008. Maybe that's why the NFL never came back. Ha. Although it was 29-27 game.

especially home ones? man, i dont like having to rush out of work, then be out til super later only to have work again a few hours later. out of towners have to take multiple days off work...

i get the novelty of it once in awhile, but being here in new orleans its multiple every year and its not near as entertaining as some of you prime time starved fans make it sound.

The exposure is nice, but im an out of towner w/ seasons. Like you said, a monday night game means I have to take 2 days off from work instead of 1.

The Bills always seem to play there worst when on prime time, I have no issues with all their games being Sunday at 1. Playing at home or on the road, neither seems to be any more of an advantage for this team, just like the old belief that they had a weather advantage later in the season

Much like when we complain about bad media predictions... we have to earn respect. If we start winning, we'll get said home primetime games. It's not exactly a mystery.

Buffalo is a small market team, and the team with the longest playoff drought. We're not exactly a big ticket right now.

While I certainly agree with this it makes me wonder how Cleveland got a home MNF game.