NBA Playoffs

YoloinOhio

Jordan likely would have been counted out in the 1995 Finals against the Rockets, but he couldn't get there.

6-0.

It's not silly, it's just factually correct. The fact that they had two of the top 50 players all time is why they never saw a Finals elimination game. Jordan was obviously better, but without Pippen, I seriously doubt that would have been the case. Before Pippen, Jordan was 1-9 in the playoffs, with no winning seasons. My point is, Jordan wasn't even as good as the mythical figure he's become in many people's eyes. He was/is the best ever. I personally think LeBron is better, but I recognize I'm in the minority there.

To your point about the depth of talent, it's hard for me to believe that with a much larger pool of talent to pull from now, there is less depth. I just think that lower tier players are better than ever, so it's harder for the good players to separate themselves. I will admit, fundamentals are much worse now because most everyone relies on athleticism over technique.

6-0.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cute. Weak, but cute.

Remember when you said Jordan had Pippen, conveniently forgetting Lebron went 2-2 in the Finals with Bosh and Wade? 6-0!

Who has Lebron competed with to get the the Finals every year? A Paul George with one good year? A Carmelo Anthony led Knicks disaster? D Rose who hadn't played a game the 3 years before this season? Compared to Jordan's competition?

Edited by FireChan

Remember when you said Jordan had Pippen, conveniently forgetting Lebron went 2-2 in the Finals with Bosh and Wade? 6-0!

Who has Lebron competed with to get the the Finals every year? A Paul George with one good year? A Carmelo Anthony led Knicks disaster? D Rose who hadn't played a game the 3 years before this season? Compared to Jordan's competition?

I'm as nostalgic as the next guy with the NBC music and everything but the way you guys romanticize the '90s is hilarious.

Take a look at the '92 Knicks roster before going on about how incredible the competition was.

walt coleman officiating?

:lol:

Gutsy won by cleveland.

By the way, even if the Cavs win it all, I have to think blatt is gone. Lebron doesn't even acknowledge the guy's presence.

+1. I think it was a bad idea for both Cleveland and Blatt to assume 1) the jump to the NBA would be workable and 2) double down on trying to coach a LeBron James who's on a mission to prove that moving on from Miami wasn't a mistake, along with "personalities" like J.R. Smith and Shumpert.

I think a big shortcoming of his IMO was the inability to work Kevin Love into *any* offense whatsoever. Kept banging away at trying to make him a Stretch 4 which he never was.

I see Van Gundy or Jackson there next year regardless of the Finals outcome. I don't think Thibodeau or a D'Antoni would be a good fit.

I'm as nostalgic as the next guy with the NBC music and everything but the way you guys romanticize the '90s is hilarious.

Take a look at the '92 Knicks roster before going on about how incredible the competition was.

:lol:

Wrong. The east is a joke now. 90's teams had balls and would rough you up for driving the lane.

At least LeBron drove to the basket this time.

Where is Mozgov?

Why can't LeBron get any calls?

#cleveland

I was thinking about that as well. When Kobe Bryant was in his prime, he won games at the free throw line and he was a great clutch free throw shooter. He would get calls when fouled, questionable calls, and non foul calls. Of course he would work the refs all game long to set up for that final drive call. It was actaully pretty disgusting to watch, because you knew it was going to happen. It must just be LJ's size, he's a big dude and doesn't get the reach in calls because he fights through them. There is no other reason he can get hacked and not get calls, the refs really did all they could to screw C-Town, fortunately for them, GS couldn't hit the clutch shots.

Edited by ricojes

if you want to see some funny one liners on delly...check out @dellyfact, fun stuff out there

"The fact that the Cavs are 2-1 up on the Warriors is absolutely crazy when you look at the cast Dellavedova has to work with."

if you want to see some funny one liners on delly...check out @dellyfact, fun stuff out there

"The fact that the Cavs are 2-1 up on the Warriors is absolutely crazy when you look at the cast Dellavedova has to work with."

A year ago, if you tell me the biggest heroes of the state are Cardale Jones and Matthew Dellavedova.... straight craziness in sports!

A year ago, if you tell me the biggest heroes of the state are Cardale Jones and Matthew Dellavedova.... straight craziness in sports!

When you add LeBron to that list, anything is possible. He's just that good...

Edited by ricojes

not to take anything from Delly, but if Cavs had Love and Kyrie, I think this series would be 3-0 cleveland and none of the games would have been close. Granted the landscape has changed so much, who knows if the intact starters for the cavs could have caused so much trouble for the Splash Brothers

not to take anything from Delly, but if Cavs had Love and Kyrie, I think this series would be 3-0 cleveland and none of the games would have been close. Granted the landscape has changed so much, who knows if the intact starters for the cavs could have caused so much trouble for the Splash Brothers

I think their defense would be worse with Love in there. Thompson has been able to switch on the pick and rolls and check every position on the court with some success. Love would be struggling with that. The Cavs would be scoring a lot more though.

LeBron needs to stop whining about lack of calls and play both ends of the court

GS whines about more calls than anyone this side of the Spanish national team.

I don't think they'd have lost Game 2 at home if they lost Game 1.

i try to watch games with an ubiased eye when it comes to calls(even syracuse and buffalo games), i've never shaken my head so much at some of the calls and non-calls in this series, in a lot of cases the replays back up the calls or non-calls, but there seem to be an inordinate amount of simply missed calls in this series, on both sides. this is the highest level of the sport and missed calls or mistakes are inexcusable...i think both teams have a right to whine a bit, but ya still gotta finish the play.

GS whines about more calls than anyone this side of the Spanish national team.

I don't think they'd have lost Game 2 at home if they lost Game 1.

how freaking cool is this??

https://vine.co/v/eOive7ulIpV

Of course there's been missed calls both ways. I just mean if Stephon Gilmore is going to be livid over a PI call you'd want it to be a legit awful call, or else he loses credibility right? The look of disbelief on Green/Thompson for every foul --> smash cut to replay of them clutching or grabbing a dude's jersey...Jesus it's embarrassing. There ought to be more fouls - these are like '80s Big East games.

I don't really have a rooting interest. First finals in a while the thought of neither team winning makes me wanna barf. I wonder if others feeling the same is why the ratings are so good.

Edited by BuffOrange

Of course there's been missed calls both ways. I just mean if Stephon Gilmore is going to be livid over a PI call you'd want it to be a legit awful call, or else he loses credibility right? The look of disbelief on Green/Thompson for every foul --> smash cut to replay of them clutching or grabbing a dude's jersey...Jesus it's embarrassing. There ought to be more fouls - these are like '80s Big East games.

I don't really have a rooting interest. First finals in a while the thought of neither team winning makes me wanna barf. I wonder if others feeling the same is why the ratings are so good.

That's every player. Remember when Bron sat on the ground for a possession and a half whining for a call last round?

That's every player. Remember when Bron sat on the ground for a possession and a half whining for a call last round?

Yah well, even if that was the same thing as what I'm talking about, LBJ gets plenty of crap for that. GS players not so much.

i try to watch games with an ubiased eye when it comes to calls(even syracuse and buffalo games), i've never shaken my head so much at some of the calls and non-calls in this series, in a lot of cases the replays back up the calls or non-calls, but there seem to be an inordinate amount of simply missed calls in this series, on both sides. this is the highest level of the sport and missed calls or mistakes are inexcusable...i think both teams have a right to whine a bit, but ya still gotta finish the play.

how freaking cool is this??

https://vine.co/v/eOive7ulIpV

When was the last time travelling or palming was called ?